Troubleshoot your device issues
ATTDmitriyCM's profile
Former Community Manager

Former Community Manager

• 

10.4K Messages

Tuesday, December 9th, 2014 8:37 PM

Windows Phone Unlocking Questions and Discussion (All Models)

How can I get my Windows Phone unlocked?

How long does this process take?

What are the requirements?

These and other related questions will be answered in this thread. If you have any additional questions, please feel free to post them here and the Community will be happy to help!

Thank you,

Dmitriy

Rethink Possible

Did a post have an answer that worked for you? Help other users by marking helpful posts as an "Accepted Answer". And don't forget to leave a Like!

Community Support

• 

15.2K Messages

8 years ago

​Hi @larryritch!

I’m so sorry that the email you received didn’t contain the information you needed. We can definitely assist you with your unlock request. Please send us a private message and include your full name, device IMEI, unlock request number, email address, and a good contact number.

Thanks!

Rachel A
AT&T Social Media Manager

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

8 years ago

Mary *** Unlock request number: ***

[Edited for privacy-please do not post personal or unique information such as but not limited to full names, employee ID numbers, email addresses, phone numbers, account numbers, etc.]

Contributor

• 

1 Message

8 years ago

I have requested unlock codes for two Lumia 640 that I bought online,however,the request has been approved,I've received the approval emails but there are no unlock codes in the emails. I don't understand how such a mistake could have been made. Can you please do something about this?

Tutor

• 

30 Messages

8 years ago

Still waiting on that unlock code.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

8 years ago

I processed a request for an unlock code for my lumia 640 and recieved the congratulations email and the unlock code line was blank with no code. 

Professor

• 

3.2K Messages

8 years ago

Have you met the General Requirements, one of which is to maintain 6 months service before an unlock will be processed?

Tutor

• 

30 Messages

8 years ago

I was just emailed the unlock and have successfully unlocked my phone. Thank you very much!

Contributor

• 

1 Message

8 years ago

Hi,

I requested Unlock code for my devide through AT&T website. I confirmed my request and second day I got a confirmation request as follows, but the email did not have "UNLOCK CODE", can you please look into this ASAP: 

Congratulations! Your request was approved

IMEI: XXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
Request number: XXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Hi, Hitesh.
We received and approved your request to unlock your device. Use the unlock code and instructions in this email to unlock your device.

Unlock code:

Instructions:

Ten unsuccessful unlock attempts permanently locks the device to the AT&T network.

1. Switch the device off.

2. Remove the AT&T SIM card.

3. Insert a non-AT&T SIM card.

4. Switch the device on. If prompted, enter the SIM PIN code.

5. Wait for the SIM unlock window to open.

6. Enter the unlock code provided (8 or 20 digits) and press Enter.

7. Power the device off.

8. Power the device on. The device is unlocked.

For more information about unlocking a device, check out our device unlock support page.

Thanks for choosing us,
AT&T

This is an automated email. If you reply to this address, we won't get it.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

8 years ago

I am in the same situation; we need to bug them - if they sent an email, that request approved, they must provide a code

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

8 years ago

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.