Troubleshoot your device issues
ATTDmitriyCM's profile
Former Community Manager

Former Community Manager

• 

10.4K Messages

Tuesday, December 9th, 2014 8:37 PM

Windows Phone Unlocking Questions and Discussion (All Models)

How can I get my Windows Phone unlocked?

How long does this process take?

What are the requirements?

These and other related questions will be answered in this thread. If you have any additional questions, please feel free to post them here and the Community will be happy to help!

Thank you,

Dmitriy

Rethink Possible

Did a post have an answer that worked for you? Help other users by marking helpful posts as an "Accepted Answer". And don't forget to leave a Like!

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

8 years ago

Hi,

I created an online request for unlock my mobile phone and received below email.

The email instructs me to enter the unlock code but there is no unlock in the email.

I've seen a few questions on this forum on this exact same topic but nothing really substantive as to why there is no unlock code in the email.

Thanks.
============================
Unlock request number: xxxxxxxx
Thank you for contacting AT&T about unlocking your mobile device.
Congratulations! Here are your unlock instructions:
1. Power off the device and remove the AT&T SIM card.
2. Insert the SIM card from another wireless carrier.
3. Power on the handset. Allow the phone to fully power up.
4. Enter the unlock code when prompted.
5. Press OK.
6. When complete, the handset is successfully unlocked.
Note: You are allowed five attempts to unlock before your device permanently locks to the AT&T network.
Questions? Please call 800.331.0500, or dial 611 from your AT&T wireless phone.

Sincerely,
The AT&T Customer Care Team

Community Support

• 

15.2K Messages

8 years ago

Hi @Vasuanee!

Thank you for posting your concerns.

I’m sorry to hear you did not receive your unlock code.

So I can further assist you, please private message me by clicking here and provide your name and a good contact number.

Thank you!
-Spencer O AT&T Social Media Manager

Contributor

• 

1 Message

8 years ago

Have a Lumia 640 handset.  Request unlock code, but only received "congratualtions" email with no code.  went on line to check status, which indicated "completed".

Former Employee

• 

258 Messages

8 years ago

Heya WinPhone, try checking out the guide by /u/nwg442 here!

Contributor

• 

1 Message

8 years ago

Dear AT&T team,

I've requested to unlock my Lumia 640 and after a couple of days, within hours, I received 2 messages (see below). Unfortunately there was not a 3rd message providing the actual unlock code. If I check the status at https://www.att.com/deviceunlock/ it indicates as completed. That does not seem right, I guess it is closed because the FCC mandates 2 days to provide an answer.

It seems to be a common problem after an extensive search in the site. Please help.

Thank you!

1st message

We are still working on your AT&T device unlock request

2nd message

Dear AT&T team,

I've requested to unlock my Lumia 640 and after a couple of days, within hours, I received 2 messages (see below). Unfortunately there was not a 3rd message providing the actual unlock code. If I check the status at https://www.att.com/deviceunlock/ it indicates as completed. That does not seem right, I guess it is closed because the FCC mandates 2 days to provide an answer.

It seems to be a common problem after an extensive search in the site. Please help.

Thank you!

1st message

We are still working on your AT&T device unlock request

2nd message

AT&T MOBILE DEVICE UNLOCK REQUEST RECEIVED‏

ACE - Sage

• 

117K Messages

8 years ago

The MS 640 is a Gophone and subsidized device.  It will only be unlocked after 6 months of paid Gophone service.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

8 years ago

I wish to ask for asistance for unlocking my new lumina 640 which is not activated yet. I purchased the phone couple of days ago from Bestbuy and wish to use it outside USA. I have already tried through the paid internet website and I was told that the unlocking code could not be found.  Please I need help from at & t. Thank you.

ACE - Expert

• 

13.1K Messages

8 years ago

Why purchase a phone locked to AT&T when you never intended on using the phone on the AT&T network? You should have purchased an unlocked, unbranded phone. Buying a new phone that was never used on the network results in the IMEI not found error. Your easiest solution is to return the phone and buy an unbranded model.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

8 years ago

hi...!

i got 20digit unlock code from at & t  for lumia 520 when i enter those key sho wrong code

i checked cafully got 2 times same code any help //.

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

8 years ago

Hi

I too have the same problem for Lumia 640. I messaged you with all the details to you! Please help me out to unlock the device.

Thanks in Advance!

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.