Troubleshoot your device issues
dnemceff's profile

Mentor

• 

30 Messages

Monday, April 14th, 2014 4:00 PM

Windows Phone 8.1 Developer Preview - Data Sense Included!

Hi all!

I've just updated my AT&T Nokia Lumia 920 to Windows Phone 8.1 via Developer Preview!

So far so good!

What a surprise, Data Sense is included! I wonder if AT&T will get rid of it in official update.

Still no ability to stick with 3G Edge in cellular settings, though.

Here is the link how to perform the update:

http://wmpoweruser.com/windows-phone-8-1-developer-preview-is-now-available-for-download/

Former Employee

• 

32.9K Messages

10 years ago

Thanks for the insight, im gonna get this upgrade for my 920, have you noticed any better battery times? mine was plugged in overnite have not used it once except to check my email and im at 15% battery, other than the battery life i love this phone and windows interface.

Professor

• 

2.2K Messages

10 years ago

How long did it take and any pointers for us

Former Employee

• 

32.9K Messages

10 years ago

wait till its deployed, you have to sign up for 20.00 in order to get the pre release, just aint worth it to me to pay to test their software and possibly brick my phone

Mentor

• 

30 Messages

10 years ago

It's free

Mentor

• 

90 Messages

10 years ago

@shoe wrote:

How long did it take and any pointers for us

The actual download and install of WP 8.1 preview took me 45 minutes on my 820.  

Former Employee

• 

32.9K Messages

10 years ago

My apologies I should have scrolled further down it is indeed free

Explorer

• 

13 Messages

10 years ago

You now turn off background tasks in the Battery Saver, not settings/applications like you used to.  Make sure you go there - I found lots of apps with background tasks running.

Mentor

• 

29 Messages

10 years ago

Yep, proof that it works fine.  You can bet it will be removed when they get around to sending out branded firmware.  There are some pretty super new features in WP8.1...

Scholar

• 

167 Messages

10 years ago

I downloaded 8.1 on my L920 also and are quite impressed.  Data Sense works great and it is spot on.  I have also noticed that I am not getting the phantom data usage at 2a in the morning anymore like I was.  Don't know if it is because of the update or if ATT did something on their end.

The one thing that I find annoying is that there are two separate volume settings.  One for ringer and notifications and another for media and apps. It seems that using the volume bar on the side of the device doesn't operate both and sometimes you are turning down one or the other but not both.  It may just be lack of knowledge on my part.  

I am not that thrilled about all the games are not in one central place anymore.  They are just listed in the apps instead of under Xbox.

But the rest of the features are great.:)

Mentor

• 

30 Messages

10 years ago

Battery life is much better after disabling Cortana in Settings/Applications/Cortana

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.