Troubleshoot your device issues
HanStrider's profile

Contributor

• 

1 Message

Thursday, March 24th, 2011 10:57 PM

Windows Phone 7 update foLG Quantum

I have seen from microsofts website for WP7 that they have released the new NoDo update for their phones and with the Quantum being one of those phones i was wondering when i could expect the update for my phone, since i have never recieved the feburary update either, this is not cool ATT i want my updates to help make my phone even better.

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Mentor

• 

27 Messages

13 years ago

I have 4 WP7 LG Quantums in my Family and a Samsung Focus -

From what I understand the Update is in TEST as seen on Microsoft's "Where is My Update Page" - Test meaning - Stage 1: Testing
The software update is undergoing mobile operator network and quality tests.

So once the update is released from Microsoft it goes to the first stage - Testing - There are 2 more stages to go at which point we "hopefully" will see the WP7 Update.

Stage 2: Scheduling
Operator testing is complete, and Microsoft is scheduling the update for delivery. This phase typically lasts 10 days or less.

Stage 3: Delivering update
Microsoft has started to send out the update. Because updates are typically delivered to customers in batches, it might take several weeks before you receive notice that an update is available for you.

Now you know the state of the WP7 Update -

Practicing Patience is the only option at this point..

Many Blessings..

Trav...

Tutor

• 

11 Messages

13 years ago

Yea At&T is going to kill the WIN7 phone without the updates.  Thinking about purchasing an unlocked one from Canada..  MS will never catcht up at this rate Smiley Mad

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

13 years ago

AT&T you guys are killing me...you already lost me as a U-verse customer recently!  What's with the delay on the WP7 updates???  You will be loosing me as a wireless customer soon.  I love my WP7 and with other carrier choices coming into play I will have no qualms about moving to another carrier and bad mouthing you to friends and family.  Give us a heads up on some status please!  I really, really hate to say it but the iPhone got it right...take the carrier out of the equation when it comes to updates...that does hurt to say. 

Scholar

• 

81 Messages

13 years ago

I have an LG Quantum running the NoDo update. Found a pretty simple method that was just posted online. It's a shame to have to jump through hoops like that, but I gave up on waiting for AT&T.

Tutor

• 

11 Messages

13 years ago

Want to share where the update is?

Scholar

• 

81 Messages

13 years ago

I don't think I'm allowed to post links here; I'm pretty sure the moderators frown on that. But I can tell you that if you google LG Quantum NoDo you'll find the answer. There's a trick that's pretty easy and will allow you to use Zune to push NoDo to your Quantum.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.