Windows Phone 7 NoDo Update is live now!

Master

Windows Phone 7 NoDo Update is live now!

Focus owners please report here if you get the update. You don't have to wait for the notification. Connect your phone to Zune software and check the update from inside Zune.

Message 1 of 148 (8,822 Views)
Contributor

Re: Windows Phone 7 NoDo Update is live now!

Got prompted for the update on my Samsung Focus today. Can't get it to install from my XP or Windows 7 boxes. On Windows 7 I get an error from Zune, saying it needs to download more files, but never goes any further. I re-installed Zune 4.7 to no avail.

To continue, Zune needs to download a set of files to your computer. This might take awhile. Installation will restart when the download is complete. (Nothing happens after this).

On XP I get an error that the package isn't signed. Google (and bing :-) ) yeilds 0 results on the error or error code.

The update package isn't signed.

Error Code: 80188223

Please help!

jdobbins32

Message 136 of 148 (1,431 Views)
Tutor

Update went smooth as silk hereSmiley Wink  but I lost the ability to play videos over internetSmiley Mad  that sucks.  Is any one else having that problem?  Is there a fix?

Message 137 of 148 (1,388 Views)
Tutor

Sorry, to say this but I'm getting the same sad error messge that prompted this fiasco.  Boy, oh boy, I'm really glad ATT made me wait so they could verify and test the update!

Message 138 of 148 (1,356 Views)
Expert

DrJack wrote:

Sorry, to say this but I'm getting the same sad error messge that prompted this fiasco.  Boy, oh boy, I'm really glad ATT made me wait so they could verify and test the update!

Did you go over to MS's suppor forums and look the error code up? There is a fix for specific error codes that require you to get a hotfix from MS before you can install the MS update.

Message 139 of 148 (1,334 Views)

I'm assuming this is the update that my phone is saying is available. I have the drivers for the device downloaded to my computer, (I think), but don't know what to do from there. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Message 140 of 148 (1,216 Views)
Professor

JimInNorthwest wrote:

I'm assuming this is the update that my phone is saying is available. I have the drivers for the device downloaded to my computer, (I think), but don't know what to do from there. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I would imagine asking that question, you don't have Zune installed on your computer. Install Zune desktop software, connect your device to your computer and just follow the prompts which will take you through the upgrade process.

Message 141 of 148 (1,322 Views)

Do I need to put Zune on my phone as well, or can I just have it on my computer?

Message 142 of 148 (1,317 Views)
Professor

JimInNorthwest wrote:

Do I need to put Zune on my phone as well, or can I just have it on my computer?

Zune is already on your phone. That is the Music and Video hub. Just install the desktop software and connect your phone to the PC

Message 143 of 148 (1,315 Views)

[ Edited ]

Ohhhhhhhhh. Ok. Thanks a million. Kudos to you. Smiley Happy   IF I can figure out why it's showing me as a visitor.

Message 144 of 148 (1,313 Views)
Highlighted

Ok, I apparently got 2 updates last night. I know one was involving copy and paste, but what was the other one? Also, can anyone tell me why I'm being shown as a visitor? Thanks in advance.

Message 145 of 148 (1,281 Views)
Guru

Your status is based upon the number of posts. Thus, currently, you are a Visitor.
Message 146 of 148 (1,275 Views)
Contributor

Finally got mine updated after installing latest zune updates, no problems encountered. Now, if I could just get Angry Birds!

jdobbins32

Message 147 of 148 (1,253 Views)

prubin wrote:
Your status is based upon the number of posts. Thus, currently, you are a Visitor.

So is that also why I can't give Kudos yet?

Message 148 of 148 (1,246 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.