Troubleshoot your device issues
foxbat121's profile

Master

• 

2.7K Messages

Tuesday, March 22nd, 2011 6:10 PM

Windows Phone 7 NoDo Update is live now!

Focus owners please report here if you get the update. You don't have to wait for the notification. Connect your phone to Zune software and check the update from inside Zune.

Professor

• 

451 Messages

13 years ago

Try to hard reset. Three button method and then update.

1. Press and hold the Camera, Volume Down, and Power buttons simultaneously.

2. Release Power when the phone vibrates, but continue to hold down Camera and Volume Down.

3. Release Camera and Volume Down when the Format prompt is displayed on screen.

4. Press WP7 Windows button.

5. Press WP7 Windows button again to confirm the hard reset.

Teacher

• 

15 Messages

13 years ago

Sadly, that did not work.  No response from the unit whatsoever

Scholar

• 

374 Messages

13 years ago

@foxbat121 wrote:

Apart from those features, the phone firmware version is bumpped up and we could assume some much needed bug fixes in Samsung part as well (Bluetooth fix? microSD fix?).

The MicroSD fix would be great, AT&T nor Samsung has mentioned it yet concerning the new update but boy it would be nice if they addressed it... I see AT&T is selling "Windows Approved" 8Gb Sandisk cards now but honestly $32 for a 8gig card seems a bit overpriced.. Hopefully one of the two will shed some light on this soon, I've been holding off getting a sdcard until I see some concrete news that it is or has been addressed, I just keep selective of how much space I use up (music and pics) until we hear something..

Tutor

• 

9 Messages

13 years ago

Ok, I'll stop my whining now. I installed the February and March (NoDo) updates this morning. I needed the Microsoft Support Tool to get through the February one but NoDo went smooth as silk!

DZ

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

13 years ago

Got prompted for the update on my Samsung Focus today. Can't get it to install from my XP or Windows 7 boxes. On Windows 7 I get an error from Zune, saying it needs to download more files, but never goes any further. I re-installed Zune 4.7 to no avail.

To continue, Zune needs to download a set of files to your computer. This might take awhile. Installation will restart when the download is complete. (Nothing happens after this).

On XP I get an error that the package isn't signed. Google (and bing 🙂 ) yeilds 0 results on the error or error code.

The update package isn't signed.

Error Code: 80188223

Please help!

jdobbins32

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

13 years ago

Update went smooth as silk hereSmiley Wink  but I lost the ability to play videos over internetSmiley Mad  that sucks.  Is any one else having that problem?  Is there a fix?

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

13 years ago

Sorry, to say this but I'm getting the same sad error messge that prompted this fiasco.  Boy, oh boy, I'm really glad ATT made me wait so they could verify and test the update!

Expert

• 

12.2K Messages

13 years ago

@DrJack wrote:

Sorry, to say this but I'm getting the same sad error messge that prompted this fiasco.  Boy, oh boy, I'm really glad ATT made me wait so they could verify and test the update!

Did you go over to MS's suppor forums and look the error code up? There is a fix for specific error codes that require you to get a hotfix from MS before you can install the MS update.

Teacher

• 

12 Messages

13 years ago

I'm assuming this is the update that my phone is saying is available. I have the drivers for the device downloaded to my computer, (I think), but don't know what to do from there. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Professor

• 

3.8K Messages

13 years ago

@JimInNorthwest wrote:

I'm assuming this is the update that my phone is saying is available. I have the drivers for the device downloaded to my computer, (I think), but don't know what to do from there. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I would imagine asking that question, you don't have Zune installed on your computer. Install Zune desktop software, connect your device to your computer and just follow the prompts which will take you through the upgrade process.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.