Windows Phone 7 NoDo Update is live now!

Master

Windows Phone 7 NoDo Update is live now!

Focus owners please report here if you get the update. You don't have to wait for the notification. Connect your phone to Zune software and check the update from inside Zune.

Message 1 of 148 (8,766 Views)
Professor

Re: Windows Phone 7 NoDo Update is live now!

foxbat121 wrote:

Finally, the status for Focus is showing as 'Scheduling'. So the rumored 4/19 date might be true after all.

Don't want to sidetrack, obviously this is awesome news, just wondering why the Surround still shows testing. Smiley Tongue

Message 106 of 148 (1,935 Views)
Master

guandalf wrote:

foxbat121 wrote:

Finally, the status for Focus is showing as 'Scheduling'. So the rumored 4/19 date might be true after all.

Don't want to sidetrack, obviously this is awesome news, just wondering why the Surround still shows testing. Smiley Tongue

My guess is that HD7S is delayed. So, instead of holding all 3 phones hostage, AT&T decided let the non-HTC phones go and keep the poor HTC Surround owners waiting until they released HD7S Smiley Happy

Message 107 of 148 (1,933 Views)
Professor

foxbat121 wrote:

guandalf wrote:

foxbat121 wrote:

My guess is that HD7S is delayed. So, instead of holding all 3 phones hostage, AT&T decided let the non-HTC phones go and keep the poor HTC Surround owners waiting until they released HD7S Smiley Happy

This is Microsoft's explanation regarding the Surroud's delay.

Message 108 of 148 (1,928 Views)
Mentor

More like they waited till enough of us went ahead and did it with a bypass, then we didn't complain we had a problem. That was the beta testing they were waiting for.Smiley Very Happy

Message 109 of 148 (1,921 Views)
Scholar

Funny wild bill, I guess I was one of those beta testers and I can say for the record there are no problems to report after using NoDo for a few weeks Smiley Happy. AT&T let your customers have NoDo ASAP... Cant imagine how long they will hold Mango back..
Message 110 of 148 (1,865 Views)
Professor

pmt1209 wrote:
Funny wild bill, I guess I was one of those beta testers and I can say for the record there are no problems to report after using NoDo for a few weeks Smiley Happy. AT&T let your customers have NoDo ASAP... Cant imagine how long they will hold Mango back..

I wonder if your NoDo update includes just the OS components or the Samsung firmware updates, too, as well as, the unique AT&T features 

Message 111 of 148 (1,918 Views)
Scholar

WISPr or the at&t address book is not enough for me to revert back to 7008, rebrand and get AT&T's NoDo but if something else is included making it worthwhile I might go that route..
Message 112 of 148 (1,902 Views)
Contributor

Yes, I have connected my Samsung Focus to Zune today and got the message "Update available" and installed both Feb and March update. Received error during Feb update and used "Windows Phone Support Tool" to update. 

How can I verify/check about AT&T specific update for WISPr and AT&T address book.

Message 113 of 148 (1,634 Views)

FINALLY!!!!!!!!!!!!!! FINALLY!!!!!!!!!!!! 

Now i just have to mess with it and see what it can do....for all the complaining the update went smooth and with no hassle....better late that never....

Message 114 of 148 (1,619 Views)
GBK
Mentor

I'm thinking not having WISPr or the ATT thing is a good thing on my update previously phone.. hmm let me just randomly connect to unknown unsecurred wifi because it's a good thing according to some att suit.. pfft

Message 115 of 148 (1,617 Views)
Professor

But will it connect if WiFi is turned off. I do not like the program either, but if you leave your WiFi on you are leaving yourself up to far more than logging on to unknown att broadcasts.

Message 116 of 148 (1,603 Views)
GBK
Mentor

I don't leave my wifi on.. places i'm at there is seldom any secured wifi.. i won't connect over open networks. especially when checking websites that send stuff unencrypted ...

Message 117 of 148 (1,600 Views)
Highlighted
Master

In my area, my 3G speed is about 100kbps on average! So AT&T HotSpot can be helpful for me if it is available. There is really no downside as far as I concerned. Your cellular data connection is no more secure than the open wi-fi hotspot.

Message 118 of 148 (1,585 Views)
GBK
Mentor

Ooh 100kbps..  that's really bad. I wouldn't call it 3g..

It's less about security for me and more from attaching to random hotspots.. I want the control then I know if I'm sending stuff it's on my terms.. Also... no reason for this stuff to hold up updates other updates this could have been separate... and weeks later for all I care instead of forcing us to wait for NoDo

Message 119 of 148 (1,566 Views)
Master

[ Edited ]

GBK wrote:

Ooh 100kbps..  that's really bad. I wouldn't call it 3g..

You can call whatever you want. If you live in a densely populated big city, that's how AT&T 3G speed is.

You are over reacting. If it works like on other AT&T phones, you will still have to manually connect to the HotSpot SSID and it will authenticate you so that you will be able to use it. WISPr protocol is not about auto-connect without your consent. It is about allow you to connect to AT&T hotspots without need to paying for it.

Message 120 of 148 (1,558 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.