Troubleshoot your device issues
foxbat121's profile

Master

• 

2.7K Messages

Tuesday, March 22nd, 2011 6:10 PM

Windows Phone 7 NoDo Update is live now!

Focus owners please report here if you get the update. You don't have to wait for the notification. Connect your phone to Zune software and check the update from inside Zune.

Scholar

• 

374 Messages

13 years ago

WISPr or the at&t address book is not enough for me to revert back to 7008, rebrand and get AT&T's NoDo but if something else is included making it worthwhile I might go that route..

Contributor

• 

1 Message

13 years ago

Yes, I have connected my Samsung Focus to Zune today and got the message "Update available" and installed both Feb and March update. Received error during Feb update and used "Windows Phone Support Tool" to update. 

How can I verify/check about AT&T specific update for WISPr and AT&T address book.

Teacher

• 

23 Messages

13 years ago

FINALLY!!!!!!!!!!!!!! FINALLY!!!!!!!!!!!! 

Now i just have to mess with it and see what it can do....for all the complaining the update went smooth and with no hassle....better late that never....

Mentor

• 

61 Messages

13 years ago

I'm thinking not having WISPr or the ATT thing is a good thing on my update previously phone.. hmm let me just randomly connect to unknown unsecurred wifi because it's a good thing according to some att suit.. pfft

Professor

• 

451 Messages

13 years ago

But will it connect if WiFi is turned off. I do not like the program either, but if you leave your WiFi on you are leaving yourself up to far more than logging on to unknown att broadcasts.

Mentor

• 

61 Messages

13 years ago

I don't leave my wifi on.. places i'm at there is seldom any secured wifi.. i won't connect over open networks. especially when checking websites that send stuff unencrypted ...

Master

• 

2.7K Messages

13 years ago

In my area, my 3G speed is about 100kbps on average! So AT&T HotSpot can be helpful for me if it is available. There is really no downside as far as I concerned. Your cellular data connection is no more secure than the open wi-fi hotspot.

Mentor

• 

61 Messages

13 years ago

Ooh 100kbps..  that's really bad. I wouldn't call it 3g..

It's less about security for me and more from attaching to random hotspots.. I want the control then I know if I'm sending stuff it's on my terms.. Also... no reason for this stuff to hold up updates other updates this could have been separate... and weeks later for all I care instead of forcing us to wait for NoDo

Master

• 

2.7K Messages

13 years ago

@GBK wrote:

Ooh 100kbps..  that's really bad. I wouldn't call it 3g..

You can call whatever you want. If you live in a densely populated big city, that's how AT&T 3G speed is.

You are over reacting. If it works like on other AT&T phones, you will still have to manually connect to the HotSpot SSID and it will authenticate you so that you will be able to use it. WISPr protocol is not about auto-connect without your consent. It is about allow you to connect to AT&T hotspots without need to paying for it.

Tutor

• 

11 Messages

13 years ago

boo, still no update for me 😞

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.