Windows Phone 7 NoDo Update is live now!

Master

Windows Phone 7 NoDo Update is live now!

Focus owners please report here if you get the update. You don't have to wait for the notification. Connect your phone to Zune software and check the update from inside Zune.

Message 1 of 148 (8,791 Views)
Highlighted
Scholar

Re: Windows Phone 7 NoDo Update is live now!

Mine too!
Message 61 of 148 (1,540 Views)
GBK
Mentor

Re: Windows Phone 7 NoDo Update is live now!

http://wmpoweruser.com/samsung-focus-getting-nodo-pushed-out-by-rogers-canada/?utm_source=twitterfee...

 

 

And there it is.. the laziness and incompetence of AT&T is validated by Rogers of Canada.

Message 62 of 148 (1,497 Views)
Master

Re: Windows Phone 7 NoDo Update is live now!

[ Edited ]

Microsoft has updated the update page. AT&T phones now have a foot note of testing done on early April. So, if everything goes according to the plan, we will see AT&T phones start to get NoDo at the end of the April, the same time frame of the rumored HD7S release date.

 

http://www.microsoft.com/windowsphone/en-us/features/update-schedule-usa.aspx

Message 63 of 148 (1,487 Views)

Re: Windows Phone 7 NoDo Update is live now!

The Focus is getting updated as we speak in Canada

http://wmpoweruser.com/samsung-focus-getting-nodo-pushed-out-by-rogers-canada/#idc-container

THIS IS ALL ON AT&T

Message 64 of 148 (1,486 Views)
Scholar

Re: Windows Phone 7 NoDo Update is live now!

 

 

foxbat121 wrote:

Microsoft has updated the update page. AT&T phones now have a foot note of testing done on early April. So, if everything goes according to the plan, we will see AT&T phones start to get NoDo at the end of the April, the same time frame of the rumored HD7S release date.

 

http://www.microsoft.com/windowsphone/en-us/features/update-schedule-usa.aspx


 

BINGO....  AT&T really bites...

I said it weeks ago, we would be the absolute last ones to get the update and sadly AT&T delivered.... NOT  

I guess AT&T can't hear their users, reviewers and bloggers slaying them. daily..

I really don't think I can wait another 4 weeks... 

Message 65 of 148 (1,401 Views)
Contributor

Re: Windows Phone 7 NoDo Update is live now!

[ Edited ]

ATT treats WP7 customers like a red headed stepchild. Really tics me off how they can do a IOS update in record time but can't do a stinkin WP7 uspdate with months of lead time. Maybe they are trying to kill off WP7 users.

 

 

To quote ARS,,

 

The bad news? AT&T is still "testing" the update. A footnote says that the company hopes this "testing" will be complete by "early April." It's worth pointing out that the first Windows Phone 7 update started rolling out more than six weeks ago, and still isn't available to AT&T users—and yet over that same timeframe, Apple has developed iOS 4.3.1, tested it internally, given the software to network operators for whatever testing they may need to do, and then rolled it out to every user of the iPhone 3GS, GSM iPhone 4, iPad, iPad 2, iPod touch 3rd generation, and iPod touch 4th generation. Including AT&T customers. We've asked AT&T if it is willing to shed any light on this—explain what the testing is, why it takes so long, and why the iPhone has none of these problems—but the company hasn't got back to us.

 

http://arstechnica.com/microsoft/news/2011/03/updated-windows-phone-schedule-good-news-for-most-att-...

 

 

.

Message 66 of 148 (1,323 Views)
Professor

Re: Windows Phone 7 NoDo Update is live now!

 


zonzin wrote:

ATT treats WP7 customers like a red headed stepchild. Really tics me off how they can do a IOS update in record time but can't do a stinkin WP7 uspdate with months of lead time. Maybe they are trying to kill off WP7 users.

 

 

To quote ARS,,

 

The bad news? AT&T is still "testing" the update. A footnote says that the company hopes this "testing" will be complete by "early April." It's worth pointing out that the first Windows Phone 7 update started rolling out more than six weeks ago, and still isn't available to AT&T users—and yet over that same timeframe, Apple has developed iOS 4.3.1, tested it internally, given the software to network operators for whatever testing they may need to do, and then rolled it out to every user of the iPhone 3GS, GSM iPhone 4, iPad, iPad 2, iPod touch 3rd generation, and iPod touch 4th generation. Including AT&T customers. We've asked AT&T if it is willing to shed any light on this—explain what the testing is, why it takes so long, and why the iPhone has none of these problems—but the company hasn't got back to us.

 

http://arstechnica.com/microsoft/news/2011/03/updated-windows-phone-schedule-good-news-for-most-att-...

 

 

.


 

Microsoft is starting to acknowledge the disappointment—or outright anger—that the cack-handed update has caused. In an update to an earlier blog post, Eric Hautala (general manager for Windows Phone "Customer Experience Engineering") wrote:

I know many of you are disappointed, even angry. You certainly have a right to be. We've fallen far short of your expectations, and our own, and for that I'm truly sorry. We didn't set out to let you down. But it's clear we did. Whether you're someone who has followed our progress from the start, or are new to Windows Phone, you deserve the updates we've promised. My job is to get us on the right path and deliver them.
Message 67 of 148 (1,294 Views)
Tutor

Re: Windows Phone 7 NoDo Update is live now!

I was supposed to sign up with AT&T for the entire package (Uverse &Wireless) and this is why I decided not to go through with my U-verse installation.  Unfortunately, I got my WP7 through them.  The WP7 phone is amazing it's just that AT&T blows.  Data caps and postponing updates...Life without walls, except when it comes to AT&T.  I've already talked several people out of signing on with AT&T, I only wish someone had talked me out of going with them...

Message 68 of 148 (1,282 Views)
Expert

Re: Windows Phone 7 NoDo Update is live now!


zonzin wrote:

ATT treats WP7 customers like a red headed stepchild. Really tics me off how they can do a IOS update in record time but can't do a stinkin WP7 uspdate with months of lead time. Maybe they are trying to kill off WP7 users.

 

 

To quote ARS,,

 

The bad news? AT&T is still "testing" the update. A footnote says that the company hopes this "testing" will be complete by "early April." It's worth pointing out that the first Windows Phone 7 update started rolling out more than six weeks ago, and still isn't available to AT&T users—and yet over that same timeframe, Apple has developed iOS 4.3.1, tested it internally, given the software to network operators for whatever testing they may need to do, and then rolled it out to every user of the iPhone 3GS, GSM iPhone 4, iPad, iPad 2, iPod touch 3rd generation, and iPod touch 4th generation. Including AT&T customers. We've asked AT&T if it is willing to shed any light on this—explain what the testing is, why it takes so long, and why the iPhone has none of these problems—but the company hasn't got back to us.

 

http://arstechnica.com/microsoft/news/2011/03/updated-windows-phone-schedule-good-news-for-most-att-...

 

 

.


Think I have seen those words before, except it had the word android in place of WP7.....

Message 69 of 148 (1,262 Views)
GBK
Mentor

Re: Windows Phone 7 NoDo Update is live now!

Exactly..  it's obvious they don't care about the customer once they got you suckered into a long term contract. 

 

I think it's time to let the voices be heard for both Android and WP7.. you treat us like crap we drop you like a ton of bricks.

Message 70 of 148 (1,251 Views)
Expert

Re: Windows Phone 7 NoDo Update is live now!


GBK wrote:

Exactly..  it's obvious they don't care about the customer once they got you suckered into a long term contract. 

 

I think it's time to let the voices be heard for both Android and WP7.. you treat us like crap we drop you like a ton of bricks.


the door is on your left, vote with your wallet and leave for greener pastures. The same exact statement was made on almost every forum for all carriers about not gettingsoftware updates. Contrary to popular belief - it is not just ATT. Seen the same complaints on the verizon board, the sprint forums and on generic wireless forums that are genderless on the carriers

 

 

Message 71 of 148 (1,450 Views)
GBK
Mentor

Re: Windows Phone 7 NoDo Update is live now!

[ Edited ]

And customers like you are problem because instead of standing up and making the company accountable, all you do is roll over and let them do what they please

Message 72 of 148 (1,424 Views)
Scholar

Re: Windows Phone 7 NoDo Update is live now!

 


GBK wrote:

And customers like you are problem because instead of standing up and making the company accountable, all you do is roll over and let them do what they please


I hear you GBK... I myself gave up waiting and went the debrand route and installed both updates today.. No problems and have to say this Focus is a bit quicker and copy and paste is pretty sweet,,, I've been waiting months for it Smiley Happy

 

Message 73 of 148 (1,372 Views)
GBK
Mentor

Re: Windows Phone 7 NoDo Update is live now!


I hear you GBK... I myself gave up waiting and went the debrand route and installed both updates today.. No problems and have to say this Focus is a bit quicker and copy and paste is pretty sweet,,, I've been waiting months for it Smiley Happy

 


Awesome.. I did the same thing today.. rocking the new update liking it.. no issues of any kind.

Message 74 of 148 (1,359 Views)
Scholar

Re: Windows Phone 7 NoDo Update is live now!

Good job GBK, did you see that Samsung Registry editor was still there under apps?  I noticed I could rebrand my focus back to ATT-US but didn't, figured I may need to change it to Rogers or some other carrier depending on who releases Mango first Smiley Happy

Message 75 of 148 (1,339 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.