Troubleshoot your device issues
foxbat121's profile

Master

• 

2.7K Messages

Tuesday, March 22nd, 2011 6:10 PM

Windows Phone 7 NoDo Update is live now!

Focus owners please report here if you get the update. You don't have to wait for the notification. Connect your phone to Zune software and check the update from inside Zune.

Tutor

• 

6 Messages

13 years ago

HTC users can bypass the carrier restriction for the WP7 update . How about samsung users ? dia anyone try this on the samsung ?

Scholar

• 

116 Messages

13 years ago

AT&T users won't get the update for quite some time. This is a quote from Paul Thurott's blog: "it appears that AT&T users, and perhaps all users of Samsung-branded Windows Phones, will be among the last to get the update."

Teacher

• 

13 Messages

13 years ago

AT&T obviously doesn't care about getting us the update. We're already customers in a contract. If they cared they would have either released it or at least given us official information and time frames on when to expect the update. I'm leaning more and more towards leaving for Verizon when they get the Trophy.

Mentor

• 

61 Messages

13 years ago

you are correct.. They have no interest in providing customers with service and think how much worse it's going to get when they get bigger with the T-Mobile buyout.

Call your congressman and senator and tell them to oppose the buyout.. No service/update(s) for us... no buyout for them

Contributor

• 

1 Message

13 years ago

Actual conversation I had online with Tech Support this morning. I have also confirmed that other LG Quantum phone owners through a different carrier have received the update so this isn't a Microsoft issue, it's an ATT issue!

Me: I would like to know when AT&T will be releasing the update from Microsoft for my LG Quantum.

ATT Tech: I will be happy to assist you with this today.  Please allow 2-3 minutes while I research this for you.

Me: Thank you

ATT Tech: What current software version is on the phone?  

Me: 7.0 (7004)

ATT Tech: According to our system, currently there are no updates available for the LG Quantum.  However, you are welcome to check back later at any time for further assistance.  I apologize for the inconvenience.  However, is there anything else I can assist you with today?

Me: So my windows phone will not be receiving the windows phone update?

Me: Wasn't the update from Microsoft for all wp7 phones?

ATT Tech: You may contact Microsoft directly regarding that information.  Unfortunately, I have not information in my system regarding an update for the LG Quantum. I am sorry about that.  Do you have any further questions or concerns that I can assist with today?

Me: Nope that was it.

Scholar

• 

116 Messages

13 years ago

You can't really blame the AT&T chat tech support people.  They really don't know about the update.  All they go by is the information on their computer screen.   I don't know who the people are at AT&T that can provide the information on the release, but you can be certain that we don't have access to them to talk about it.

Teacher

• 

11 Messages

13 years ago

Shouldn't there be some ATT support people monitoring this forum?  I'm sure they know.  Also, check out this article.

http://www.wpcentral.com/get-nodo-now-debranding-your-lg-phone

Contributor

• 

1 Message

13 years ago

Scholar

• 

116 Messages

13 years ago

That appears to be a lie from AT&T. Microsoft has tested this thing already, and has delayed it three times. AT&T is holding out to add their junkware to the update.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

13 years ago

AT&T and Microsoft, you need to let us know the plans for this update.  We deserve to know that you *are* planning to send this update to existing customers and a timeline on when that will happen.  Start communicating, it is only going to get worse.

http://www.crn.com/news/client-devices/229400173/customer-frustration-growing-over-windows-phone-7-nodo-update-delay.htm;jsessionid=+JH6odP1+z7APowcksx3Tg**.ecappj02

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.