Windows Phone 7 NoDo Update is live now!

Master

Windows Phone 7 NoDo Update is live now!

Focus owners please report here if you get the update. You don't have to wait for the notification. Connect your phone to Zune software and check the update from inside Zune.

Message 1 of 148 (8,757 Views)
GBK
Mentor

Re: Windows Phone 7 NoDo Update is live now!

mine still says 'your phone is up to date'

Message 2 of 148 (8,228 Views)
Master

I believe the report says it goes out to unbranded WP7 devices first. So, keep checking.

Message 3 of 148 (8,220 Views)
Teacher

[ Edited ]
"Phone is up to date (7004)."
Message 4 of 148 (8,213 Views)
Teacher

No update here for me (Focus from AT&T being used in Australia)... Smiley Sad

Message 5 of 148 (8,020 Views)
Highlighted
GBK
Mentor

[ Edited ]

Focus unbranded getting only the pre-Nodo..  NoDo is a no show for all samsung devices.  Branded Focus getting nothing for days or weeks.

additional info according to winrumors.com

http://www.winrumors.com/windows-phone-7-nodo-push-is-phased-carrier-devices-face-an-uncertain-wait/...

“The earliest date that a TELUS customer can receive the Windows Phone 7 software update is Tuesday March 29th, 2011. Microsoft is releasing the software update in a phased approach and it may take up to four weeks for all TELUS customers to have the option to receive the update and upgrade their device software.”

meaning that carriers are in fact blocking updates regardless of timing!!!!! If anyone can wrangle some info out of ATT post it here.

Message 6 of 148 (8,014 Views)
Teacher

Do we know if any AT&T devices (HTC...) have received the NoDo update?

Message 7 of 148 (8,001 Views)
Teacher

[ Edited ]

Didn't appear to save my text last time I tried to post so here it goes again.

Focus owner here, no update. I don't get why AT&T is being so silent on this. @winphonesupport has already said carriers are testing and will release the update when they're done but that's it. We need dates. Something. It is not cool to keep us customers in the dark and just expect us to wait and wonder if we're going to get the update any time soon. Especially considering AT&T was supposed to be the "premier partner" or something like that. 

Message 8 of 148 (7,682 Views)
Mentor

[ Edited ]

I haven't seen the update yet, either (LG Quantum). Wish AT&T would release this information to its customers so we know what's going on...

Message 9 of 148 (7,472 Views)
Expert

[ Edited ]

Information staes End of March

http://www.product-reviews.net/2011/03/10/windows-phone-7-nodo-release-date-update/

that is still 8 days away and given release dates it can still be changed. Would not touch the upgrade for about a week after that to see if the problems that existed in the other two attempts still do.

Message 10 of 148 (7,326 Views)
Tutor

HTC users can bypass the carrier restriction for the WP7 update . How about samsung users ? dia anyone try this on the samsung ?

Message 11 of 148 (4,515 Views)
Scholar

AT&T users won't get the update for quite some time. This is a quote from Paul Thurott's blog: "it appears that AT&T users, and perhaps all users of Samsung-branded Windows Phones, will be among the last to get the update."
Message 12 of 148 (4,449 Views)
Teacher

AT&T obviously doesn't care about getting us the update. We're already customers in a contract. If they cared they would have either released it or at least given us official information and time frames on when to expect the update. I'm leaning more and more towards leaving for Verizon when they get the Trophy.

Message 13 of 148 (4,413 Views)
GBK
Mentor

you are correct.. They have no interest in providing customers with service and think how much worse it's going to get when they get bigger with the T-Mobile buyout.

Call your congressman and senator and tell them to oppose the buyout.. No service/update(s) for us... no buyout for them

Message 14 of 148 (4,369 Views)
Contributor

Actual conversation I had online with Tech Support this morning. I have also confirmed that other LG Quantum phone owners through a different carrier have received the update so this isn't a Microsoft issue, it's an ATT issue!

Me: I would like to know when AT&T will be releasing the update from Microsoft for my LG Quantum.

ATT Tech: I will be happy to assist you with this today.  Please allow 2-3 minutes while I research this for you.

Me: Thank you

ATT Tech: What current software version is on the phone?  

Me: 7.0 (7004)

ATT Tech: According to our system, currently there are no updates available for the LG Quantum.  However, you are welcome to check back later at any time for further assistance.  I apologize for the inconvenience.  However, is there anything else I can assist you with today?

Me: So my windows phone will not be receiving the windows phone update?

Me: Wasn't the update from Microsoft for all wp7 phones?

ATT Tech: You may contact Microsoft directly regarding that information.  Unfortunately, I have not information in my system regarding an update for the LG Quantum. I am sorry about that.  Do you have any further questions or concerns that I can assist with today?

Me: Nope that was it.

Message 15 of 148 (4,280 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.