Windows Mobile 6.1 on Pantech duo

Master

Re: Windows Mobile 6.1 on Pantech duo

360Spider wrote:
Wow, I cannot believe this. I am all over the internet trying to figure out how in world I update my Duo to WM 6.1 only to come back here and find out it's not even out yet for the Duo! Smiley Mad

If Microsoft has already released the software, what exactly does AT&T need to do to it before they release an update for it? And why exactly does it take so long?

Well, Pantech provided reflashes the last 2 times. I'm thinking that we'll be able to download it from the Pantech site?
Message 16 of 76 (15,555 Views)
Contributor

ATT is just the service provider.  If you ask your Internet company when the newest version of Windows is going to be released they will pretty much laugh at you.  Same thing for ATT.  They just provide the service to connect to the network and make calls.  If you want to find out when Windows 6.1 will be released to the Duo, you might want to go harrass Pantech.  After all they will be the ones releasing the update if/when it comes out at all.
Message 17 of 76 (14,795 Views)

Um Brettley the cell phone world is different from the internet provider world.  ATT will decide when to release the upgrade as it is full of thier services now most likely it will release on the pantech website however in the past with the 8525 when we att released the upgrade from windows mobile 5.0 to 6.0 it was released on ATT site and HTC America's site.  So they most likely won't laugh at you when you call asking for info on the upgrade they will most likely just say they don't have any info.
Message 18 of 76 (14,735 Views)
Teacher

[ Edited ]
Can any AT&T mods confirm that WM6.1 will even come out on the C810? Smiley Tongue At this rate it doesn't even seem like it's going to happen. I just can't believe it's been a month and a half now and yet there's no update for the software on the Pantech site and no word from AT&T.

Message Edited by 360Spider on 05-15-2008 04:27:12 PM
Message 19 of 76 (14,529 Views)
Former Moderator

360Spider wrote:
Can any AT&T mods confirm that WM6.1 will even come out on the C810? Smiley Tongue At this rate it doesn't even seem like it's going to happen. I just can't believe it's been a month and a half now and yet there's no update for the software on the Pantech site and no word from AT&T.

Sentry has already discussed the Pantech Duo (C810) in this post - > Link

mod.moose
Message 20 of 76 (14,471 Views)
Scholar

360Spider wrote:

Better believe it.  Just to give you some historical precedent: WM6 for the Samsung Blackjack was announced in March 2007 but was not officially released until January 2008.  WM6 for the 8525 was also announced in March 2007 but was only officially released in October 2007.  So based on their previous performance, it would be a miracle if AT&T/Pantech released WM6.1 within the next 3-4 months.  I am betting it will be officially released in September...Smiley Mad
Message 21 of 76 (12,347 Views)

I couldn't agree more snake92646 100% correct...Smiley Tongue
Message 22 of 76 (12,294 Views)

I also agree with snake92646, but I disagree with his timeframe. I'd say 3 to 4 months AFTER they release whatever the follow up to Duo is (Duo 2?). I'm not optimistic about official carrier rom releases at all.
Message 23 of 76 (12,245 Views)
Mentor

Just wondering any kind of news on this update? 
Message 24 of 76 (11,486 Views)
Voyager

Yes when is the update coming out!!

-Oh i had another question. The Pantech update. Does this flash the phone and get rid of all the AT&T trial programs?
Message 25 of 76 (11,441 Views)
Master

neodata686 wrote:
Yes when is the update coming out!!

-Oh i had another question. The Pantech update. Does this flash the phone and get rid of all the AT&T trial programs?

If it worked like that last time I flashed, then no. The AT&T bloatware is *not* removed. It all gets put back in.
Message 26 of 76 (11,423 Views)
Voyager

Saw this on the new windows mobile site:

"Already own an AT&T Pantech Duo™? Windows Mobile 6.1 update available soon! "

http://www.microsoft.com/windowsmobile/en-us/devices/smartphones.mspx?f_carrier=ATT

Hopefull it's coming out soon!

Message 27 of 76 (11,367 Views)
Tutor

The update is out.  You can download it from here:
Message 28 of 76 (11,134 Views)
Mentor

No, that is not the update we have been waiting for, that is just an update to the duo, we are waiting for the windows mobile 6.1 update for the duo.
Message 29 of 76 (11,110 Views)
Scholar

Unfortunately, it may be October before the 6.1 update is released for the Pantech duo.

Source:
http://www.geardiary.com/2008/07/01/att-roadmap-for-2008-blackjack-3-wi-fi-blackberry-curve/

Message 30 of 76 (11,065 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.