Troubleshoot your device issues
VetteXP's profile

Scholar

• 

57 Messages

Wednesday, April 2nd, 2008 12:57 AM

Closed

Windows Mobile 6.1 on Pantech duo

FYI, according to one of Microsoft's press releases today, AT&T announced an update to Windows Mobile 6.1 for the Pantech duo. Hopefully we'll see it in the next month or so.

http://www.microsoft.com/presspass/press/2008/apr08/04-01WM61PR.mspx

Contributor

• 

1 Message

15 years ago

GOOD NEWS GUYS!

I FIGURED IT OUT!!

(edited)

Hmm…

Well anyways. With your bricked device that says “download ready” attempt to do the update. Then right when the loader says “searching for USB” unplug the Duo and then plug back in right away, U will see it progress then fail. Attempt to boot the phone. Anyway u can by plugging the device in power button etc. Just to get to the at&t screen that will freeze. This is to be expected. Now remove the battery and re-do the whole upload process, you will HAVE TO make it go back into the “download ready” mode as the duo will now be in a weird loop. AND bingo the load should go through with no problem, I just fixed one of ours here

hopes this helps guys! Smiley Happy

Message Edited by scoobydoo on 12-02-2008 10:34:56 PM

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

15 years ago

I upgraded to the windows 6.1 on the pantech duo, and my daughter doesnt like it. She doesnt like the texting and her favorite alarm sound is gone. Is there a way to back to 6.0, or is there a way to get the alarm sound she once loved.

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

15 years ago

After I updated my Pantech Duo, it seems that I can't save my contacts to my sim card.
Is there anything I can do to fix this?

Also, if I don't save them as "outlook user" it gives me a message
that says "SIM error. Cannot save the information to the SIM"

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

15 years ago

So I just updated to Windows mobile 6.1, and so far, so good BUT ALL of my SIM contacts?? Where are they? I went to Settings>Phone>Call Options> and checked the box for "Show SIM contacts" and I got nothing. ALSO when I am in the contacts part of the phone there is no options to play with. Desperate for some help in Philly!!!! HELLP! Thank You!!!!!!!!!!!

Message Edited by ae0986 on 12-30-2008 02:25:49 AM

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

15 years ago

IT WORKED! !!!  Bwuahahah excelent. BUT it really does delete all your contacts so get the old pen and paper out 😞 lol. WOOO!!!

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

15 years ago

How is the Instant Messenger features on the Duo with the windows 6.1 upgrade. Are the issues like doesnt vibrate when you get an instant message fixed?? Or has the whole I.M. Application changed in any way or is it the same??

Teacher

• 

14 Messages

15 years ago

Answered my own question, LOL.

Thanks guys Smiley Wink.

Message Edited by phrotac on 01-28-2009 02:48:47 AM

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

15 years ago

Does anyone have the mustang downloader link ? ive spent all night searching everywhere for it and the only places that have it are removed! i want to reflash my Duo!

Teacher

• 

14 Messages

15 years ago

Don't worry, it's not needed anymore. It's been integrated into the update itself (named Duo_Update_10032008.exe). Just read the included PDF for instructions on how to use.
Message Edited by phrotac on 02-04-2009 07:58:20 PM

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

15 years ago

Ive followed the instructions but it just wont let me install the usb drivers. i sync my duo all the time with windows so how does it need the usb drivers ? I have Vista, could that be the problem?
Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.