For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
Troubleshoot your device issues
VetteXP's profile

Scholar

• 

57 Messages

Wednesday, April 2nd, 2008 12:57 AM

Closed

Windows Mobile 6.1 on Pantech duo

FYI, according to one of Microsoft's press releases today, AT&T announced an update to Windows Mobile 6.1 for the Pantech duo. Hopefully we'll see it in the next month or so.

http://www.microsoft.com/presspass/press/2008/apr08/04-01WM61PR.mspx

Scholar

• 

142 Messages

16 years ago

@360Spider wrote:
Can any AT&T mods confirm that WM6.1 will even come out on the C810?  Smiley Tongue At this rate it doesn't even seem like it's going to happen. I just can't believe it's been a month and a half now and yet there's no update for the software on the Pantech site and no word from AT&T.

Message Edited by 360Spider on 05-15-2008 04:27:12 PM

Better believe it.  Just to give you some historical precedent: WM6 for the Samsung Blackjack was announced in March 2007 but was not officially released until January 2008.  WM6 for the 8525 was also announced in March 2007 but was only officially released in October 2007.  So based on their previous performance, it would be a miracle if AT&T/Pantech released WM6.1 within the next 3-4 months.  I am betting it will be officially released in September... Smiley Mad

Guru

• 

388 Messages

16 years ago

I couldn't agree more snake92646 100% correct... Smiley Tongue

Tutor

• 

3 Messages

16 years ago

I also agree with snake92646, but I disagree with his timeframe. I'd say 3 to 4 months AFTER they release whatever the follow up to Duo is (Duo 2?). I'm not optimistic about official carrier rom releases at all.

Mentor

• 

74 Messages

16 years ago

Just wondering any kind of news on this update? 

Voyager

• 

3 Messages

16 years ago

Yes when is the update coming out!!

-Oh i had another question. The Pantech update. Does this flash the phone and get rid of all the AT&T trial programs?

Master

• 

4.3K Messages

16 years ago

neodata686 wrote:
Yes when is the update coming out!!

-Oh i had another question. The Pantech update. Does this flash the phone and get rid of all the AT&T trial programs?

If it worked like that last time I flashed, then no. The AT&T bloatware is *not* removed. It all gets put back in.

Voyager

• 

3 Messages

16 years ago

Saw this on the new windows mobile site:

"Already own an AT&T Pantech Duo™? Windows Mobile 6.1 update available soon! "

http://www.microsoft.com/windowsmobile/en-us/devices/smartphones.mspx?f_carrier=ATT

Hopefull it's coming out soon!

Tutor

• 

2 Messages

16 years ago

The update is out.  You can download it from here:

Mentor

• 

34 Messages

16 years ago

No, that is not the update we have been waiting for, that is just an update to the duo, we are waiting for the windows mobile 6.1 update for the duo.

Scholar

• 

57 Messages

16 years ago

Unfortunately, it may be October before the 6.1 update is released for the Pantech duo.

Source:
http://www.geardiary.com/2008/07/01/att-roadmap-for-2008-blackjack-3-wi-fi-blackberry-curve/

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.