Ask a question
Search in Wireless Forums

Wireless Forum

Posted Apr 3, 2014
12:51:18 AM
View profile
Will the Lumia 930 come to AT&T?

I've been hearing it won't, since Verizon has the Lumia icon. If it is will it be altered like the 1520 with less memory and no built-in wireless charging?

I've been hearing it won't, since Verizon has the Lumia icon. If it is will it be altered like the 1520 with less memory and no built-in wireless charging?

Phones Owned (1999-Now): Nokia 5110, 3390, 3520, 6230, 6682, N72, 5800XM, Lumia 800, Lumia 900, Lumia 920 (Currently owned)

Will the Lumia 930 come to AT&T?

24 replies
(2) Me too
(2) Me too
View all replies
(24)
(1)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Apr 8, 2014 9:24:27 AM
(1)
Community Manager

Just as you mentioned, rumors are, US might not be getting this model while Verizon has an exclusive agreement for the Icon, which 930 could be competing with. Unfortunately, until there are any new announcements from Nokia or wireless carriers, I don't think anyone would know when or if it comes out in US.

Dmitriy

Rethink Possible

Did a post have a solution that worked for you? Help other people find solutions faster by marking posts that helped you as an "Accepted Solution". Learn about accepted solutions: Learn More.

Just as you mentioned, rumors are, US might not be getting this model while Verizon has an exclusive agreement for the Icon, which 930 could be competing with. Unfortunately, until there are any new announcements from Nokia or wireless carriers, I don't think anyone would know when or if it comes out in US.

Dmitriy

Rethink Possible

Did a post have a solution that worked for you? Help other people find solutions faster by marking posts that helped you as an "Accepted Solution". Learn about accepted solutions: Learn More.

I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.

Re: Will the Lumia 930 come to AT&T?

2 of 25 (18,189 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Apr 10, 2014 5:56:09 AM
(0)
Tutor
I dont see the point of At&t to block wireless chargers built in. I have a Lumia 920 and I can not back to connect cables to charge. I already bought 4 wireless chargers for all my house.
I will love to get this Lumia 930 and there is no word from At&t saying that they will have this phone!
Nokia is making a mistake to have exclusive phone cause at least with At&t they don't show the phone as it supposed to be.
I dont see the point of At&t to block wireless chargers built in. I have a Lumia 920 and I can not back to connect cables to charge. I already bought 4 wireless chargers for all my house.
I will love to get this Lumia 930 and there is no word from At&t saying that they will have this phone!
Nokia is making a mistake to have exclusive phone cause at least with At&t they don't show the phone as it supposed to be.

3 of 25 (18,064 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Apr 10, 2014 11:11:45 AM
(0)
Explorer

Agree completely.  Have wireless chargers everywhere because they are so convenient.  When it's time to replace my Lumia 920, I will only consider phones that support Qi charging (either built in or with a good quality case.)  If that means changing operating systems or even carriers, so be it.

Agree completely.  Have wireless chargers everywhere because they are so convenient.  When it's time to replace my Lumia 920, I will only consider phones that support Qi charging (either built in or with a good quality case.)  If that means changing operating systems or even carriers, so be it.

4 of 25 (18,039 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Apr 20, 2014 1:47:50 PM
(0)
Tutor

AT&T and Verizon need to understand that we are getting close to the big difference maker is hardware and price. I left Verizon because of exclusive deals not allowing me to get the hardware I want.

AT&T and Verizon need to understand that we are getting close to the big difference maker is hardware and price. I left Verizon because of exclusive deals not allowing me to get the hardware I want.

5 of 25 (17,450 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
May 26, 2014 7:55:30 PM
(0)
Tutor
I think it comes down to the bottom line and/or back room deals. It doesn't make sense ATT would initially invest in Qi and quickly ditch it for the power mat tech. If you consider the power mat tech has limited charging devices. With Nokia and others going hard on Qi accessories, it they had won the "war". Power comes back in the 4th quarter signs up ATT, Starbucks, and Madison Square Gd. Yet still not many devices. Power mat is undeserving.
I think it comes down to the bottom line and/or back room deals. It doesn't make sense ATT would initially invest in Qi and quickly ditch it for the power mat tech. If you consider the power mat tech has limited charging devices. With Nokia and others going hard on Qi accessories, it they had won the "war". Power comes back in the 4th quarter signs up ATT, Starbucks, and Madison Square Gd. Yet still not many devices. Power mat is undeserving.

6 of 25 (14,199 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
May 26, 2014 8:08:48 PM
(0)
Tutor
There is no word because they do not want to give a date and slow down device(920, 925, 1029, 1520) sales. They can also say they sell the widest variety of Lumias. Means nothing if I can't get the new one. You could always pay 999 and get the Intl version. I am not willing to go that hoping. Not to mention ATT makes it financially infeasible to pay for a device full price and pay to activate it. It's all about Next now. I just found this out, bringing a device in or doing the "classic" contract results in a higher monthly. I hate to sound like a salesman, but it doesn't make sense to pay a lot of money up front, and have a similar monthly bill to the Next plan. The Next plan requires only a little money up front. Either way, they are attempting to get their per customer monthlies to a higher average. It's just business, nothing personal.
There is no word because they do not want to give a date and slow down device(920, 925, 1029, 1520) sales. They can also say they sell the widest variety of Lumias. Means nothing if I can't get the new one. You could always pay 999 and get the Intl version. I am not willing to go that hoping. Not to mention ATT makes it financially infeasible to pay for a device full price and pay to activate it. It's all about Next now. I just found this out, bringing a device in or doing the "classic" contract results in a higher monthly. I hate to sound like a salesman, but it doesn't make sense to pay a lot of money up front, and have a similar monthly bill to the Next plan. The Next plan requires only a little money up front. Either way, they are attempting to get their per customer monthlies to a higher average. It's just business, nothing personal.

7 of 25 (14,193 Views)
(1)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
May 29, 2014 3:13:05 PM
(1)
Contributor

Not sure why my message was deleted as it was accurate and had nothing inappropriate in it, but I will say it again...

Bringing in your own device does not raise the cost of your monthly plans, in reference to the Mobile Share Value discounts. You can do Next, bring your own device, or pay full retail and receive the Mobile Share Discount, a contracted 24 month discount (upgrade) is the only thing that you would not receive the value discount for. Overall, Next is good for people to get new phones every 12-18 months, but don't be discouraged from buying a phone like this on your own dime and not having a contract or installment plan, it won't raise your bill.

That being said, I hope that AT&T will get the 930 and are just staying tight lipped about it to not hurt current 1020 and 1520 sales, and that by September, the 930 and other Lumias are announced and the prices of the older models drop.

Not sure why my message was deleted as it was accurate and had nothing inappropriate in it, but I will say it again...

Bringing in your own device does not raise the cost of your monthly plans, in reference to the Mobile Share Value discounts. You can do Next, bring your own device, or pay full retail and receive the Mobile Share Discount, a contracted 24 month discount (upgrade) is the only thing that you would not receive the value discount for. Overall, Next is good for people to get new phones every 12-18 months, but don't be discouraged from buying a phone like this on your own dime and not having a contract or installment plan, it won't raise your bill.

That being said, I hope that AT&T will get the 930 and are just staying tight lipped about it to not hurt current 1020 and 1520 sales, and that by September, the 930 and other Lumias are announced and the prices of the older models drop.

8 of 25 (13,856 Views)
Highlighted
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 15, 2014 3:38:59 PM
(0)
Contributor

I opened the package for the 1520 and shipped it back because theydid such a terrible dis service to Nokia users. Not to mention reducing the drive size to 16 GB instead of 32 GB. The 920 was a better device than the 1520. It was a tragic blunder I keep waiting to see corrected. Every tablet phone I have had in use with my staff has failed on the charging ports.

I opened the package for the 1520 and shipped it back because theydid such a terrible dis service to Nokia users. Not to mention reducing the drive size to 16 GB instead of 32 GB. The 920 was a better device than the 1520. It was a tragic blunder I keep waiting to see corrected. Every tablet phone I have had in use with my staff has failed on the charging ports.

9 of 25 (12,573 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 18, 2014 7:21:29 PM
(0)
Employee

Hi Chrimoor,

AT&T does have the 32GB Lumia 1520 for sale, we don't normally stock it any store and is by special order only. 

Hi Chrimoor,

AT&T does have the 32GB Lumia 1520 for sale, we don't normally stock it any store and is by special order only. 

*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.

10 of 25 (12,159 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 24, 2014 6:13:56 PM
(0)
Contributor

My 920 just 'died'.  It was an accident, but it died nonetheless.  I'm giving AT&T and Microsoft 1 month to announce that the 930 will be coming or I'm moving off Windows Phone and back to Android or switching to Verizon.  I'm a .NET/Microsoft developer and this really pains me to say that, but there just aren't any other real competitors to the HTC M8 or Galaxy S5 on the WP platform.  The Lumia Icon/930 is the only WP that competes with those phones, and in my opinion, is better in many areas (including the OS).  So, I'm using an old standby phone for a month, and hopefully I won't have to switch.

My 920 just 'died'.  It was an accident, but it died nonetheless.  I'm giving AT&T and Microsoft 1 month to announce that the 930 will be coming or I'm moving off Windows Phone and back to Android or switching to Verizon.  I'm a .NET/Microsoft developer and this really pains me to say that, but there just aren't any other real competitors to the HTC M8 or Galaxy S5 on the WP platform.  The Lumia Icon/930 is the only WP that competes with those phones, and in my opinion, is better in many areas (including the OS).  So, I'm using an old standby phone for a month, and hopefully I won't have to switch.

11 of 25 (11,100 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 24, 2014 6:48:50 PM
(0)
Tutor
I think the 1520 id much better than either the 930 or the icon cause it has same specs than them but it has de option for micro sd !!!
Sent from my Windows Phone
I think the 1520 id much better than either the 930 or the icon cause it has same specs than them but it has de option for micro sd !!!
Sent from my Windows Phone

Re: Will the Lumia 930 come to AT

12 of 25 (11,092 Views)
(1)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 25, 2014 9:52:46 AM
(1)
Contributor

The 1520 is too large for my taste.  I agree that it is very nice hardware, but I'm looking for a 5" display.

The 1520 is too large for my taste.  I agree that it is very nice hardware, but I'm looking for a 5" display.

13 of 25 (10,982 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 6, 2014 6:56:45 AM
(0)
Contributor

This really is getting rediculous...  AT&T really needs to get it's butt in gear and get some new Windows Phones.  A new color of the 1520 doesn't cut it.  Figure it out and bring either the Icon variant or the 930 to the lineup!

This really is getting rediculous...  AT&T really needs to get it's butt in gear and get some new Windows Phones.  A new color of the 1520 doesn't cut it.  Figure it out and bring either the Icon variant or the 930 to the lineup!

14 of 25 (7,891 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 10, 2014 9:33:09 PM
(0)
Tutor

Agree 100%. I've had a  Lumia 900 WP7.8 for over2 years and want to upgrade to Lumia 930.  It's really bad customer service to first sell me a device I can't upgarde tp WP8 and then tell me I have to buy a 1020 or 1520 which I do not want.  If AT&T and Microsoft really want to know why WP has suffered just look at all the hoops you've made loyal customers jump through for over 2 years.  Why can't all phone devices be amde available on all carriers.  The marketing games are childish!

Agree 100%. I've had a  Lumia 900 WP7.8 for over2 years and want to upgrade to Lumia 930.  It's really bad customer service to first sell me a device I can't upgarde tp WP8 and then tell me I have to buy a 1020 or 1520 which I do not want.  If AT&T and Microsoft really want to know why WP has suffered just look at all the hoops you've made loyal customers jump through for over 2 years.  Why can't all phone devices be amde available on all carriers.  The marketing games are childish!

15 of 25 (7,600 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 15, 2014 12:42:27 AM
(0)
Contributor

I want this phone or something like it on AT&T - not the 830 or the proposed HTC. Give me something with good specs I can carry around. Expandable storage would be a bonus.  Only the 1520 comes close to the 930, but I want something smaller.

I want this phone or something like it on AT&T - not the 830 or the proposed HTC. Give me something with good specs I can carry around. Expandable storage would be a bonus.  Only the 1520 comes close to the 930, but I want something smaller.

16 of 25 (7,324 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 19, 2014 4:41:13 PM
(0)
Teacher

Goodbye Nokia hello HTC. Really wanted a new Nokia Windows phone. Stuck now.

http://about.att.com/story/att_to_carry_htc_one_m8_for_windows0.html

Goodbye Nokia hello HTC. Really wanted a new Nokia Windows phone. Stuck now.

http://about.att.com/story/att_to_carry_htc_one_m8_for_windows0.html

17 of 25 (7,036 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 4, 2014 9:43:36 AM
(0)
Mentor

If you like the glance screen on the 920, you won't have it on the 930. The 930 is just like the Icon, which is missing glance as well.

The specs of the 930 are great, but I've grown rather accustomed to using the glance screen.

If you like the glance screen on the 920, you won't have it on the 930. The 930 is just like the Icon, which is missing glance as well.

The specs of the 930 are great, but I've grown rather accustomed to using the glance screen.

18 of 25 (6,323 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 5, 2014 4:23:27 PM
(0)
Contributor

Won't the 930 receive glance screen update with Lumia Denim? See Nokia link below.

http://conversations.nokia.com/2014/09/04/lumia-denim-update/

My 920 is the first phone I've ever had for a full two-year contract which is a testament to its toughness and quality.  Running the dev preview OS though it has definitely started to become noticeably slower.  I'm ready to switch from AT&T to Verizon for a couple years just to get the 930/Icon.  It was such an amazingly frustrating let down early this month when their "exciting" phone announcements turned out to be nothing more than more mediocre, low to mid range phones and a pseudo flagship 830.

Won't the 930 receive glance screen update with Lumia Denim? See Nokia link below.

http://conversations.nokia.com/2014/09/04/lumia-denim-update/

My 920 is the first phone I've ever had for a full two-year contract which is a testament to its toughness and quality.  Running the dev preview OS though it has definitely started to become noticeably slower.  I'm ready to switch from AT&T to Verizon for a couple years just to get the 930/Icon.  It was such an amazingly frustrating let down early this month when their "exciting" phone announcements turned out to be nothing more than more mediocre, low to mid range phones and a pseudo flagship 830.

19 of 25 (6,171 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 7, 2014 4:23:50 PM
(0)
Mentor

Probably not, The key phrase is "Compatible Lumia devices," Icon/930 doesn't have the hardware for Glance.

Probably not, The key phrase is "Compatible Lumia devices," Icon/930 doesn't have the hardware for Glance.

20 of 25 (6,054 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 7, 2014 4:53:41 PM
(0)
Tutor
Hey guy some Lumia support glance and all high ends phone have the ability to wake up the phone with double touch. These features are different from each other! I think 930 supports wake up with double touch but doesn't support glance!
Hey guy some Lumia support glance and all high ends phone have the ability to wake up the phone with double touch. These features are different from each other! I think 930 supports wake up with double touch but doesn't support glance!

Hey guy some Lumia support glance and all high ends phone...

21 of 25 (6,046 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 8, 2014 12:47:43 PM
(0)
Contributor

I get to upgrade the middle of next month from my Lumia 900 and I would love to see the 930 available. I work in retail, with phones!, and this is still my favorite so far lol

I get to upgrade the middle of next month from my Lumia 900 and I would love to see the 930 available. I work in retail, with phones!, and this is still my favorite so far lol

22 of 25 (5,971 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 6, 2014 8:27:11 AM
(0)
Tutor

Yeah, i'll be waiting til my contract runs out in November, 4, 2014...then if ATT still hasn't come out with a successor to the Lumia 920 or 1020...then I will be forced to switch to Verizon to grab the Lumia Icon ...which is a shame since the Icon is already getting up there in age. Yes, it sucks that the Icon doesn't have double tap to wake or glance...but...it has wireless charging, and it's a true global phone which allows you to roam on GSM towers while abroad....no real reason to stay loyal to ATT if they don't care about us Windows Phone peeps.

Yeah, i'll be waiting til my contract runs out in November, 4, 2014...then if ATT still hasn't come out with a successor to the Lumia 920 or 1020...then I will be forced to switch to Verizon to grab the Lumia Icon ...which is a shame since the Icon is already getting up there in age. Yes, it sucks that the Icon doesn't have double tap to wake or glance...but...it has wireless charging, and it's a true global phone which allows you to roam on GSM towers while abroad....no real reason to stay loyal to ATT if they don't care about us Windows Phone peeps.

23 of 25 (4,244 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 6, 2014 8:35:49 AM
(0)
ACE - Master

The ICON will work on ATT you just wont beable to use LTE.  But 2g/hspa and hspa+ will work.  All verizon phones with LTE are unlocked and will work on almost all GSM carriers

The ICON will work on ATT you just wont beable to use LTE.  But 2g/hspa and hspa+ will work.  All verizon phones with LTE are unlocked and will work on almost all GSM carriers

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

24 of 25 (4,241 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 6, 2014 8:50:33 AM
(0)
Tutor
Edited by Taylarie on Oct 6, 2014 at 8:57:22 AM

Well why would I want to take a perfectly good LTE phone, and hobble it by
staying with ATT? Not having LTE is kinda silly since I use mobile hotspot
quite a bit. It's so easy to switch carriers nowadays, why would I stay with
ATT? You just bring your phone number with you to Verizon, the whole process
is pretty darn quick.I know.I switched from Sprint to ATT for this same
reason (to get the Lumia 920, which Sprint wouldn't carry).

Dan [edited for privacy-please do not post personal or unique information such as but not limited to full names, employee ID numbers, email addresses, phone numbers, account numbers, etc.]

Well why would I want to take a perfectly good LTE phone, and hobble it by
staying with ATT? Not having LTE is kinda silly since I use mobile hotspot
quite a bit. It's so easy to switch carriers nowadays, why would I stay with
ATT? You just bring your phone number with you to Verizon, the whole process
is pretty darn quick.I know.I switched from Sprint to ATT for this same
reason (to get the Lumia 920, which Sprint wouldn't carry).

Dan [edited for privacy-please do not post personal or unique information such as but not limited to full names, employee ID numbers, email addresses, phone numbers, account numbers, etc.]

[ Edited ]
25 of 25 (4,238 Views)
Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments