Troubleshoot your device issues
EJ86's profile

Scholar

• 

105 Messages

Thursday, April 3rd, 2014 7:51 AM

Will the Lumia 930 come to AT&T?

Lumia930Range-in-line.jpg

I've been hearing it won't, since Verizon has the Lumia icon. If it is will it be altered like the 1520 with less memory and no built-in wireless charging?

1 Attachment

Former Community Manager

• 

10.4K Messages

10 years ago

Just as you mentioned, rumors are, US might not be getting this model while Verizon has an exclusive agreement for the Icon, which 930 could be competing with. Unfortunately, until there are any new announcements from Nokia or wireless carriers, I don't think anyone would know when or if it comes out in US.

Dmitriy

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

10 years ago

I dont see the point of At&t to block wireless chargers built in. I have a Lumia 920 and I can not back to connect cables to charge. I already bought 4 wireless chargers for all my house.
I will love to get this Lumia 930 and there is no word from At&t saying that they will have this phone!
Nokia is making a mistake to have exclusive phone cause at least with At&t they don't show the phone as it supposed to be.

Explorer

• 

13 Messages

10 years ago

Agree completely.  Have wireless chargers everywhere because they are so convenient.  When it's time to replace my Lumia 920, I will only consider phones that support Qi charging (either built in or with a good quality case.)  If that means changing operating systems or even carriers, so be it.

Tutor

• 

1 Message

10 years ago

AT&T and Verizon need to understand that we are getting close to the big difference maker is hardware and price. I left Verizon because of exclusive deals not allowing me to get the hardware I want.

Tutor

• 

2 Messages

10 years ago

I think it comes down to the bottom line and/or back room deals. It doesn't make sense ATT would initially invest in Qi and quickly ditch it for the power mat tech. If you consider the power mat tech has limited charging devices. With Nokia and others going hard on Qi accessories, it they had won the "war". Power comes back in the 4th quarter signs up ATT, Starbucks, and Madison Square Gd. Yet still not many devices. Power mat is undeserving.

Tutor

• 

2 Messages

10 years ago

There is no word because they do not want to give a date and slow down device(920, 925, 1029, 1520) sales. They can also say they sell the widest variety of Lumias. Means nothing if I can't get the new one. You could always pay 999 and get the Intl version. I am not willing to go that hoping. Not to mention ATT makes it financially infeasible to pay for a device full price and pay to activate it. It's all about Next now. I just found this out, bringing a device in or doing the "classic" contract results in a higher monthly. I hate to sound like a salesman, but it doesn't make sense to pay a lot of money up front, and have a similar monthly bill to the Next plan. The Next plan requires only a little money up front. Either way, they are attempting to get their per customer monthlies to a higher average. It's just business, nothing personal.

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

10 years ago

Not sure why my message was deleted as it was accurate and had nothing inappropriate in it, but I will say it again...

Bringing in your own device does not raise the cost of your monthly plans, in reference to the Mobile Share Value discounts. You can do Next, bring your own device, or pay full retail and receive the Mobile Share Discount, a contracted 24 month discount (upgrade) is the only thing that you would not receive the value discount for. Overall, Next is good for people to get new phones every 12-18 months, but don't be discouraged from buying a phone like this on your own dime and not having a contract or installment plan, it won't raise your bill.

That being said, I hope that AT&T will get the 930 and are just staying tight lipped about it to not hurt current 1020 and 1520 sales, and that by September, the 930 and other Lumias are announced and the prices of the older models drop.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

10 years ago

I opened the package for the 1520 and shipped it back because theydid such a terrible dis service to Nokia users. Not to mention reducing the drive size to 16 GB instead of 32 GB. The 920 was a better device than the 1520. It was a tragic blunder I keep waiting to see corrected. Every tablet phone I have had in use with my staff has failed on the charging ports.

Guru

• 

450 Messages

10 years ago

Hi Chrimoor,

AT&T does have the 32GB Lumia 1520 for sale, we don't normally stock it any store and is by special order only. 

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

10 years ago

My 920 just 'died'.  It was an accident, but it died nonetheless.  I'm giving AT&T and Microsoft 1 month to announce that the 930 will be coming or I'm moving off Windows Phone and back to Android or switching to Verizon.  I'm a .NET/Microsoft developer and this really pains me to say that, but there just aren't any other real competitors to the HTC M8 or Galaxy S5 on the WP platform.  The Lumia Icon/930 is the only WP that competes with those phones, and in my opinion, is better in many areas (including the OS).  So, I'm using an old standby phone for a month, and hopefully I won't have to switch.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.