Troubleshoot your device issues
Zandora's profile

Master

• 

4.3K Messages

Thursday, January 1st, 2009 7:48 PM

Closed

Will BJ 1 support 8 gb micro sdhc ?

Tried to search for the answer, but search kept returning error.

Is anyone using an 8 gb storage card on their BJ 1 ?

I only ask because I was looking at some specs (for BJ 2) -- and it said that BJ 2 only supported up to 4 gb micro sdhc.

TIA

Accepted Solution

Master

• 

4.3K Messages

15 years ago

@Zandora wrote:

@jii wrote:

theres a driverset out that allowed my wm5 bj1 to read sdhc cards. also, wm6.1 isnt out (officially) for the i607, just wm6. the guy really doesnt know what hes missing out on.

anyways, hit up blackjackusers.com and search for that thread. i used to be a regular there til the i607 went obsolete 😜

Thanks.

I think I found what I needed!

I'll have to test it tomorrow: SDHC thread at XDA

Message Edited by Zandora on 01-05-2009 11:38:54 PM

Just wanted to report that the cab from XDA works!

My BJ1 on WM5 can now read my 4gb micro sdhc!!

I love these forums.

Thanks so much, Jii.

I followed the thread re: my prob in www.blackjackusers.com and from there to the link to the cab on the XDA site.

Message Edited by Zandora on 01-06-2009 07:23:38 PM

Professor

• 

3.7K Messages

15 years ago

@Zandora wrote:

Tried to search for the answer, but search kept returning error.

Is anyone using an 8 gb storage card on their BJ 1 ?

I only ask because I was looking at some specs (for BJ 2) -- and it said that BJ 2 only supported up to 4 gb micro sdhc.

TIA

I kinda remember some discussion regarding this topic. I think I remember that the BJ1 was having problems with the larger gig cards whereas the BJ2 was even uning a larger one. I'm looking for it now, I'll be back in touch in a few.

Professor

• 

3.7K Messages

15 years ago

OK, the only thread I found was dealing with a BJ2 and an 8gig card.

foxbat121 seems to be the wizard to contact with this topic. he may know what the BJ1 will support.

Sorry I couldn't be more helpful.

Message Edited by ghostryder on 01-01-2009 03:13:57 PM

Master

• 

4.3K Messages

15 years ago

@ghostryder wrote:

OK, the only thread I found was dealing with a BJ2 and an 8gig card.

foxbat121 seems to be the wizard to contact with this topic. he may know what the BJ1 will support.

Sorry I couldn't be more helpful.

Message Edited by ghostryder on 01-01-2009 03:13:57 PM

Thanks so much for finding this thread.

foxbat121 actually discusses BJ1 WM5 limitations for sdhc's over 4gb in the thread. My bf's BJ1 is still on WM5, so the 8gb won't work on his phone, but will work on my Tilt.

So, I'll just swap out my current 2 gb sdhc from my Tilt for the 8 gb sdhc.

He'll have to live with that. But I think he'll be ok. He'll only need it for music storage.

The only thing is that I want BTAudio to work on his BJ1 WM5, but I'm not sure BTAudio will work on WM5 OS. Might have to upgrade him...or get a dongle and earbuds for his BJ 1 🙂

Message Edited by Zandora on 01-01-2009 09:07:03 PM

Professor

• 

3.7K Messages

15 years ago

@Zandora wrote:

My bf's BJ1 is still on WM5, so the 8gb won't work on his phone, but will work on my Tilt.

He'll have to live with that. Smiley Surprised

Are you sure you're not married???Smiley Indifferent I like a woman that takes charge of an issue and comes out on topSmiley WinkSmiley Tongue

Master

• 

4.3K Messages

15 years ago

@ghostryder wrote:

@Zandora wrote:

My bf's BJ1 is still on WM5, so the 8gb won't work on his phone, but will work on my Tilt.

He'll have to live with that. Smiley Surprised

Are you sure you're not married???Smiley Indifferent I like a woman that takes charge of an issue and comes out on topSmiley WinkSmiley Tongue

LOL

Not married. It's just that "Techie"is my bf's best friend's 3rd cousin's middle name. Not his. 😉

Master

• 

1.7K Messages

15 years ago

Just for additional clarification, I tried my 8GB MicroSD in my cousin's Blackjack 1 (with WM6.)  It does not work.  So Blackjack 1 cannot use a 8GB (or larger) card at all, regardless of whether it's using WM5 or WM6.
Message Edited by asatoran on 01-03-2009 07:54:02 AM

Master

• 

4.3K Messages

15 years ago

@asatoran wrote:
Just for additional clarification, I tried my 8GB MicroSD in my cousin's Blackjack 1 (with WM6.)  It does not work.  So Blackjack 1 cannot use a 8GB (or larger) card at all, regardless of whether it's using WM5 or WM6.

Thanks, astoran.

If only I had checked before I purchased, I could have at least bought a 4gb card, so that it would work for either his BJ or my Tilt.

Oh well, I'll just give him my 2gb sdhc when I get his 8gb in the mail.

Professor

• 

3.7K Messages

15 years ago

@Zandora wrote:

@asatoran wrote:

Thanks, astoran.

If only I had checked before I purchased, I could have at least bought a 4gb card, so that it would work for either his BJ or my Tilt.

Oh well, I'll just give him my 2gb sdhc when I get his 8gb in the mail.

JUST give it to him...or maybe MAKE hime take it...Smiley Tongue

Professor

• 

1.5K Messages

15 years ago

the i607 straight out of the box does not support sdhc cards. however, i was able to run an 8gb sdhc card on my i607 when it was running both wm5 (w/ the help of the wm6 driver set) and wm6.

Message Edited by jii on 01-04-2009 03:33:55 AM
Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.