Helpful Links

Who likes the Samsung Eternity?

Contributor

Re: Who likes the Samsung Eternity?

I just got the Eternity last week-I believe Monday or Tuesday. Friday, I took my phone out of my pocket and it had overheated and completely died. At first it wouldn't turn on at all, and then it would turn on and freeze at the loading screen. I almost always keep my phone (whichever phone I have) in my pocket, and this has never happened before. I went to AT&T yesterday and switched for a Blackberry Curve and was told that this was a known problem and that several of these phones have done the same thing. I spent $300 on this phone. I was none too pleased. I didn't even have it a week. I also had trouble with the contacts opening when I was trying to scroll and half the time I couldn't hear when I got a message.
Message 16 of 36
Teacher

I finally made the decision to keep this phone because I didn't want to pay the extra 200+ for a Fuze.  Now that I am mentally commited to keeping the phone, I have to admit its very very nice, and really its a better phone that the Iphone.  I haven't had any dropped calls, the volume is excellent (If your having volume problems with the phone, take it back and get another.), texting is very good, although if your going to fast, the keyboard slows or skips.  The camera is excellent, and if you download The Samsumg PC Studio, you can upload all your outlook contact and do some very easy media manpulation.  The only real problem I have, now that I have decided to keep it, is that the camera has NO FLASH!!!   I figured it wouldn't be such a big deal, but, yeah it kinda sucks.  Still, having video and all the other things the phone does, its an incredible value...Not, if they could salve the email issue, I would be freakin crazy exstatic..

Message 17 of 36

Wasn't sure about this phone, but after a week of playing w it, I'm pretty happy. Add a flash for the camera and it can't be beat. As for the comments re: contacts scrolling, I was very frustrated until I found out you can scroll with the up-down volume buttons. Makes a ton of difference! As on previous Samsungs, press the # on the dial pad to silence. All in all, a good phone.
Message 18 of 36
Master

crusader15 wrote:
Just bought the Eternity on Sat. and besides some little issues I am in love with this phone. They are coming out with a software update which will fix these little details. texting is so easy go for it

How many texts do you use a month? I'm around the 5-10,000 range depending on the month. I have a physical keyboard and have debated on the all touch screen device. But I'm not sure how fast I can text on a virtual keyboard
Message 19 of 36
Master

rissskey wrote:
i  am  on my 4th eternity phone. all of them had the same problem. they would shut down and i would have to take out the battery to turn it on. three different att reps look at the problem. i'm ready to take this one back and get lg vu

Sometimes it's the programs, ringtones and such we add to our phones that cause the software glitches. Try taking everything you've added to the phone off of it. If this does not fix the issue, have you tried a new sim card?

There's also the chance that the corporate store you have been purchasing from has a bad shipment of the eternity. I've heard it happens from time to time. And each time you go to replace a defective phone they replace it with another defective phone because it's from the same box as the other ones. I wonder if you purchased another eternity from another store, if it would function properly.

Message 20 of 36
Contributor

I've had mine a couple of weeks now and just love it.  It does everything I want a phone to do.  I've had so many others, mostly Blackberries, that always seemed to be missing something.  I use mine mostly for email, text messaging and the internet.  I love the touchscreen.  I was leaning toward the iPhone but hated to get an Apple product.  This is so much better. 
Message 21 of 36
Explorer

i just got me n my sister one on 1/30/2009 i love it Smiley Happy
Message 22 of 36
Teacher

I MUST totally agree, how could Samsung or ATT not include speed dialing and voice dial on the Eternity. These apps are found on older, less expensive phones at no extra charge. I find *8 to be a real hindurance when driving because you have to set up the app manually before your able to use your Bluetooth. These apps came standard with my old V3 and the newer V9, "what happened here folks". Good lookin out tesorito2009.
Message 23 of 36
Teacher

By the way when will there free apps for the A867?
Message 24 of 36
Contributor

ditto, when can we see free apps for the eternity? if anyone knows anything, please share... thanks.
Message 25 of 36

When I was having problems with my LG VUE, one of the att reps, asked me to try the Samsung Eternity and I liked it. It was a good phone and had a little more features than the VUE.

But I preferred the Vue more over that phone beacuse it did not have a personal signature for text and something with the songs, trying to set it as something, (dont really remember).

I do reccommend it to be a good phone though.......

MS. REPRESENTING!!!!!!!

Message 26 of 36

That is great how you did the putting pictures of your phone with your message.

Wish I were that good with that type of stuff!!!!!!:smileysurprised

Message 27 of 36
Contributor

I love my Samsung Eternity also I have never had it shut down on me I found out that I can download music videos to my phone with my data cable that I purchased after I have converted them to WMV files I download them form windows media player also you can download pc studio from Samsung USA .com it will also convert files that will play on the phone. Cellphone shop .net has assories for all cellphones at 80% off. Digital videos can only be converted to play on the phone only if it was originally recorded in digital format older ones will come out blank. When using a bluetooth stereo headset the sound on a video will not play in sync with the person talking or singing but a wired headset will.This may be a Headset or Phone flaw I don't know. I am always trying to find a way to find new apps that I can download and convert to play on this phone I am going to next try to download and convert some I phone applications. Samsung has also come out with Windows xp os and vista that will work on the Samsung Omnia I900 phone and in many ways this phone is similar to the eternity. Web Tv is free for 2 months if any one wants to check it out. Stay tuned
Message 28 of 36
Contributor

I heard the LG Vu had had more problems than that I would check out that forum before buying one
Message 29 of 36
Professor

I enjoy mine. to an extent.  I am planning on upgrading to an Iphone (work related).  I'd rather use my Eternity over the Iphone, but it might grow on me.
Message 30 of 36
Share this topic
Announcements

Is the iPhone X worth it? Find out why it totally is!

Find out how to track your iPhone's delivery!

Let us help you Give the Gift of AT&T Wireless this holiday season!

Additional Support