Troubleshoot your device issues
ckuczek's profile

Professor

• 

517 Messages

Wednesday, December 3rd, 2008 4:43 AM

Closed

Who likes the Samsung Eternity?

I have been reading a lot of good things about the Samsung Eternity and I would like to know who really likes their phone.  I am considering purchasing this device.

Guru

• 

1.3K Messages

15 years ago

@hollyskis wrote:
This phone is HORRIBLE!!!! It is lacking very basic features such as speed dial. Also you are unable to change the locked wallpaper, so you are stuck with the four generic ones AT&T put on there. One of my least favorite things is that you cannot set a ringtone as your message alert. Scrolling through contacts is very cumbersome and almost requires two hands. Contacts often open up accidentally when doing this. Very annoying. This and the lack of basic personalization options cause me to give this phone two thumbs down. Stay away as this phone is lacking features that are standard on much cheaper phones.

The wallpaper can be changed I have several wallpapers I sort through the only real gripe with the phone is(without a hack) the GPS will only work with the ATT navigator service and I find when I plug the phone into my cars aux input jack the volume is extremely low.

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

15 years ago

The regular wallpaper can be changed, but the locked wallpaper can't. When you touch the screen and it says the screen is locked, the wallpaper there cannot be changed. It is unfortunate because this is the screen you see most often since you have to get past it each time you wish to use the phone. The background wallpaper, the one you can change, you almost never see. Don't know why you can't change them both, or at least if you could change the wallpaper when the screen is locked. I would much rather be able to see a picture of my choice each time I pick up my phone.

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

15 years ago

I love my Samsung Eternity I got it in January and I have Mobile Tv enabled and it is great looks like HD and I am able to convert digital music videos to WMV format and load them on my phone through a data cable or by taking the 4gigabyte video card and through a usb adapter purchased at radio shack load them to my card.

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

15 years ago

HOLY COW, just got my Eternity and after reading through the forums I've found a few quick fixes to make ya'll happy, here's my condensed version of other users and well as my own experimenting.  ENJOY!!

First use the Volume up/down to scroll through your contacts once on the contact screen, your fingers won't be in the way or hit unwanted contacts.

Next you can have speed dial by doing the following (sorry tried to condense at best): Set up a speed-dial of sorts!  Just go into your Address Book, choose SIM Manag.  select delete SIM Card Contacts  check "All"  this will not remove your contacts from your address book if you have already downloaded them to the phone) If you haven't download them to your phone first.  Now go back to Address Book and Select copy contact to SIM card.  One at a time, in the order of the number you want them to appear choose your first contact you want as 1# and copy it to the SIM card then go back and choose the next contact to copy for 2#. etc... I was able to put mine all in the numbers I wanted.  I even made an error and put the wrong person on 7# and went back deleted just that one from the SIM and put in the next number, it automatically put it in the 7# spot!!   Hurray!!  Thought I was gonna have to send it back for a speed dial phone!!

While reading a text message you can make the fonts larger by using the volume up/down buttons, as well.

Picture ID is an option.  When you select a photo - select SET AS...then it should say Caller Image....then select (haven't tried this one yet!)

To get the silent feature of the phone in the sound profile click on the one that says silent then click on vibration under call alert type and there is a mute selection.  There's a mute setting under the message selection also.  Uder message alert type, you'll have to change both call and message to

this mute function.

If you are having trouble with low volume change your Audio profile setting to Outdoor or Car, this makes it even louder!

Teacher

• 

19 Messages

15 years ago

This phone is wonderful but like my experience with a lot of Samsung phones, it isn't made for the long haul. I've had mine since they came out and right at 6 months, it's just been problem after problem, after problem. And this is with a phone that hasn't seen any dropping, no water or steam, and it has been protected by a full over invisashield like all my phones.

It just seems no matter how careful you are, it will just start messing up after half a year. It's happened with every samsung phone I've had since Samsung is the only type of phones I've ever had. I had an LG Shine at one point and loved that phone to death. Only phone I manhandled daily since I was very busy. Thing took a beating and still looked and functioned great afterwards. Too bad it was stolen and that's when I got the Eternity.

But if you change phones often, I'd recommend the Eternity. It's a very beautiful phone and loads of features. When it is working, it wrks great.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.