Troubleshoot your device issues
ckuczek's profile

Professor

• 

517 Messages

Wednesday, December 3rd, 2008 4:43 AM

Closed

Who likes the Samsung Eternity?

I have been reading a lot of good things about the Samsung Eternity and I would like to know who really likes their phone.  I am considering purchasing this device.

Scholar

• 

143 Messages

15 years ago

Any widget you drag on to the desktop can also be dragged back to the touchwiz bar.

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

15 years ago

I really like the phone so far. I found a site where I can link to streaming radio and pick the stations I want so didn't really matter if the phone had a radio or not now. I downloaded google maps and they work great. I ended up buying two games from this site, Monopoly is pretty cool to play on the phone. So it doesnt have speed dial? I could care less. I am not that lazy. Just as easy to put numbers I call alot into favorites and can get to it quick enuf for me. The camera is not that great tho. I was disappointed in that but ya can't have everything. I am able to customize wallpapers, ringers. I can get unlimited internet and messaging for 35 a month, not too bad. I downloaded several sites to my browser favorites and can get into the weather quick, twitter etc. I love the phone. Only issue right now is the ringers are ascending even when you mark that you dont want them to be. I hope that will be fixed with an update in the future. Ringers tho are loud enuf for me. Battery life is not real good but then I can't seem to put the thing down so not sure really how good it is yet..haha. Texting is ok too, I love the texting with the accelerometer. Takes a bit to get used to but is fine. The widgets are ok. You can go into the phone and put which widgets you want to use. Hope we can add more widgets later with an update. Not sure yet how the birthday widget works. Scrolling takes a bit to get used to and will accidently open up the wrong number or whatever that I am scrolling for. If that makes sense. Really cool with the flashing lights on the bottom when you get a call or message. You can change the colors. I found a hard rubber case and a silicon case too. Both fit pretty good. The first silicon case felt a little too big but works. Phone hasn't fallen out like I was afraid it would. Cheap cases found on ebay. I hope in the future we can get some games tho that will use the accelerometer. No dropped calls either tho that is probably the network anyway. I paired it up with my Mocha Latte headset fine.

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

15 years ago

Call volume is on the low side, if you have some noise around you even in the max volume setting you may still have a hard time hearing

Annoying widgets which you don't use cannot be deleted from your desktop

Wallpaper cannot be customized, can only select from ATTs preset wallpapers which is 4.

i think the call volume is actually perfect.

As for the widgets you can go to settings, click on display and light, then widget and just uncheck all the boxes if you don't like the widget bar.

And for wallpapers, you can set your own pictures as wallpaper.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

15 years ago

like the phone, but a couple of things that bother me.. as mentioned before, no voice dialing sucks especially when you have bluetooth... also... the scrolling with the finger can sometimes get caught and when your scrolling in the address book or pics it will click on something you dont want to... but really what bugs me the most is when your scrolling the address book, me being a righty, i cant see the letters of the address book cause my hand is in the way.. i wish you could switch the scroll to the other side.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

15 years ago

I just got the Eternity last week-I believe Monday or Tuesday. Friday, I took my phone out of my pocket and it had overheated and completely died. At first it wouldn't turn on at all, and then it would turn on and freeze at the loading screen. I almost always keep my phone (whichever phone I have) in my pocket, and this has never happened before. I went to AT&T yesterday and switched for a Blackberry Curve and was told that this was a known problem and that several of these phones have done the same thing. I spent $300 on this phone. I was none too pleased. I didn't even have it a week. I also had trouble with the contacts opening when I was trying to scroll and half the time I couldn't hear when I got a message.

Teacher

• 

14 Messages

15 years ago

I finally made the decision to keep this phone because I didn't want to pay the extra 200+ for a Fuze.  Now that I am mentally commited to keeping the phone, I have to admit its very very nice, and really its a better phone that the Iphone.  I haven't had any dropped calls, the volume is excellent (If your having volume problems with the phone, take it back and get another.), texting is very good, although if your going to fast, the keyboard slows or skips.  The camera is excellent, and if you download The Samsumg PC Studio, you can upload all your outlook contact and do some very easy media manpulation.  The only real problem I have, now that I have decided to keep it, is that the camera has NO FLASH!!!   I figured it wouldn't be such a big deal, but, yeah it kinda sucks.  Still, having video and all the other things the phone does, its an incredible value...Not, if they could salve the email issue, I would be freakin crazy exstatic..

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

15 years ago

Wasn't sure about this phone, but after a week of playing w it, I'm pretty happy. Add a flash for the camera and it can't be beat. As for the comments re: contacts scrolling, I was very frustrated until I found out you can scroll with the up-down volume buttons. Makes a ton of difference! As on previous Samsungs, press the # on the dial pad to silence. All in all, a good phone.

Master

• 

4.2K Messages

15 years ago

@crusader15 wrote:
Just bought the Eternity on Sat. and besides some little issues I am in love with this phone. They are coming out with a software update which will fix these little details. texting is so easy go for it

How many texts do you use a month? I'm around the 5-10,000 range depending on the month. I have a physical keyboard and have debated on the all touch screen device. But I'm not sure how fast I can text on a virtual keyboard

Master

• 

4.2K Messages

15 years ago

@rissskey wrote:
i  am  on my 4th eternity phone. all of them had the same problem. they would shut down and i would have to take out the battery to turn it on. three different att reps look at the problem. i'm ready to take this one back and get lg vu

Sometimes it's the programs, ringtones and such we add to our phones that cause the software glitches. Try taking everything you've added to the phone off of it. If this does not fix the issue, have you tried a new sim card?

There's also the chance that the corporate store you have been purchasing from has a bad shipment of the eternity. I've heard it happens from time to time. And each time you go to replace a defective phone they replace it with another defective phone because it's from the same box as the other ones. I wonder if you purchased another eternity from another store, if it would function properly.

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

15 years ago

I've had mine a couple of weeks now and just love it.  It does everything I want a phone to do.  I've had so many others, mostly Blackberries, that always seemed to be missing something.  I use mine mostly for email, text messaging and the internet.  I love the touchscreen.  I was leaning toward the iPhone but hated to get an Apple product.  This is so much better. 
Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.