Troubleshoot your device issues
ckuczek's profile

Professor

• 

517 Messages

Wednesday, December 3rd, 2008 4:43 AM

Closed

Who likes the Samsung Eternity?

I have been reading a lot of good things about the Samsung Eternity and I would like to know who really likes their phone.  I am considering purchasing this device.

Accepted Solution

Tutor

• 

2 Messages

15 years ago

I just bought mine today. After long time considering different phones i chose the Samsung Eternity. I was debating the iphone but a couple things made me not choose it.
1) Insurance is not available on the iphone.
2) Cost.
3) The Eternity has Mobile TV, iphone doesn't.

Even though i feel the iphone has a better web browser and the application store it just wasn't enough for me to chose the iphone. I like the fact that the Eternity has the mobile tv and the web browser is i feel better than most of the other phones out there. The touch screen is much improved over the LG VU which is similar in comparison. I like that you can add space with a micro sd card and the texting is easy to use either with the num pad or the qwerty keyboard. It can also rotate from vertical to landscape viewing on certain apps and browsers like the iphone. All in all i'm very satisfied with the phone. I'll let you know again once i've had it for a while how i feel about the phone.

Scholar

• 

143 Messages

15 years ago

I am going on week three with my Eternity.  It is the best all around device I have owned.  I have owned the Blackjack, Q9h, Vu, Tilt and the iPhone.  Texting is as good as it gets with a touchscreen QWERTY.  The Bluetooth is perfect and supports all important profiles.  The browser suits my needs as well.  The calls have all been clear and I haven't dropped a call since I started using this phone.  I highly recommend it.

Teacher

• 

16 Messages

15 years ago

I have had mine for about 3 weeks and love it! 

Ditto what the others said Smiley Happy

Teacher

• 

19 Messages

15 years ago

Just bought the Eternity on Sat. and besides some little issues I am in love with this phone. They are coming out with a software update which will fix these little details. texting is so easy go for it

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

15 years ago

i  am  on my 4th eternity phone. all of them had the same problem. they would shut down and i would have to take out the battery to turn it on. three different att reps look at the problem. i'm ready to take this one back and get lg vu

Scholar

• 

143 Messages

15 years ago

@rissskey wrote:
i  am  on my 4th eternity phone. all of them had the same problem. they would shut down and i would have to take out the battery to turn it on. three different att reps look at the problem. i'm ready to take this one back and get lg vu

Did they replace the SIM any of those times?  I have not heard of anyone else having your problem.  There was a guy who discovered one of his songs or wallpaper were causing a similar issue.

Tutor

• 

7 Messages

15 years ago

Had this problem once, albeit with another phone, replacing the SIM did the trick.

I currently own the iPhone. I don't even own the Eternity yet, but from my research since it's come out, I love it. Sure I'll miss the iPhone's apps and maps. Still, I'm planning to make the switch to Eternity as soon as monetarily possible. This forum is a great help. Keep posting your opinions.

Message Edited by Autumnoel on 01-10-2009 02:19:55 PM

Voyager

• 

3 Messages

15 years ago

I really Love this phoneSmiley Happy.

Me & my Husband just got Eternity about 2 weeks ago and we're really love this phone. I used Eternity for search web, checked email and also chat with my friend in my beaktime or anywhere., It worked very good for us.

I uploaded the pictures from my computer by cable to the phone. it's amazing, The pictures appeared on my Eternity screen was so clearly and quality same as my laptop.

I made some gif files set as wallpaper and it worked very well, me and my husband we're got a lot of compliments from our friends.I also used my favourite song to created ringtone, the file size is around 295-289 kb it worked great for me so far.

This Samsung Eternity for us is Amazing and such a sweet phone Smiley Happy.

Message Edited by bbjezz on 01-11-2009 01:54:31 PM

Contributor

• 

1 Message

15 years ago

I've had the same problem. I got the Eternity a week ago and it worked fine for 4 days. Then it started shutting off when it was idle and the only way i could turn it back on was to remove the battery and try again. I took it to the store and they refunded it (you get one free exchange within 30 days). However, the next night, my brand new phone was doing it again. When it is plugged into the wall it doesn't have this problem. They have replaced my phone, my battery, and my SIM card. And today, and week later after buying the phone originally, it is still shutting off. Another problem i had with it is if i try to keep the screen lit so it won't shut off.. it freezes. I'm blown away. Several of my friends have this phone and none of them have had this problem. The at&t rep i see swears i'm crazy. If anyone finds a solution, please, contact me asap.

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

15 years ago

I quickly found out, after I purchased the phone, that it had no speed dial. What? Didn't many of the first cells phones out on the market have this basic feature? Samsung really missed the mark on this one. And voice dial too.....no voice dial on this one. Based on this I was ready to return the phones. I've had it for about 3 weeks. However, the last week I've been playing around with the phone a little more and have actually come to like it. I hate all the hype about Apple products, especially the iphone. I did not want to be bound to a $35 data plan every month. That gets real expensive! So I opted for the Eternity which although I've heard lacks a lot of the free applications of the iphone, it's a pretty neat phone that can become an excellent phone if the following issues are fixed:

1. No speed dial

2. Call volume is on the low side, if you have some noise around you even in the max volume setting you may still have a hard time hearing

3.  When you scroll through your contacts sometimes contacts open up accidentally

4. Too many applications for which you have to pay extra per month. This gets WAY too expensive.ButI realize they're in the business to make money.

5. Would be nice to have voice speed dial

6.  Annoying widgets which you don't use cannot be deleted from your desktop

7. The way contacts are stored is by first name, this is kinda weird, maybe I'm just not used to it.

8. Wallpaper cannot be customized, can only select from ATTs preset wallpapers which is 4.

I know I'm being kinda picky but this is not a $50 phone. I can't believe Samsung's product development and focus groups could not point out these problems before the product was produced. I really hope that the update fixes somes of these issues. I've read other posts that Samsung customer service is not good. Anybody know when the update might be out and will that be pushed onto our phones or do we have to keep checking back on Samsung's website?

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.