For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
Troubleshoot your device issues
JoeScuba's profile

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

Tuesday, September 16th, 2014 9:51 PM

Where's the new Windows Phones?!

I was hoping to see something that was comparable to the Lumia 930/Icon on or coming to AT&T by now, but that's not happening.  The 830 is supposed to be coming, but that's a lateral shift, not an upgrade.  Come on, AT&T, where's our new flagship phone?  Where's the heavy-hitter that's going to replace the 920?

Contributor

• 

1 Message

10 years ago

Amen.  A lot of Lumia 920 owners are coming to the end of their contracts in a few months.  AT&T is giving NO OPTIONS to those many users.  Better come up with something, or you may lose a LOT of customers.

Mentor

• 

49 Messages

10 years ago

I'm thinking the 830 and HTC M8 are going to be the best options ATT offers for a while. The rumor mill is very quiet regarding new flagship phones. As Microsoft completes the rebrand to Windows and rolls out Threshhold/Win9 I believe they will also introduce new flagship phones. It kind of makes sense in a way, why introduce new flagship devices if the OS is getting reworked. By introducing they new phones and an OS both will be on the same cycle. I'm going to hang on to my 920, it's still working fine, and wait. If your phone is broke, I'd get one off EBay or Amazon and wait and save for the new devices I think we will see next year.   

Tutor

• 

12 Messages

10 years ago

Yep, i'm waiting until November at the latest (when my contract runs out)...then if ATT still hasn't brought in a real successor to the Lumia 920, i'll just switch to Verizon. I would gladly upgrade to the Lumia Icon, even without Glance/double tap to wake...at least it has wireless charging.

Oh...plus...my friend has the Icon...and while I used to think Verizon didn't have global phones, the Icon is a true Global phone that can roam on GSM just like ATT...so I have no reason to be loyal to ATT now.

Mentor

• 

49 Messages

10 years ago

@geodan wrote:

Yep, i'm waiting until November at the latest (when my contract runs out)...then if ATT still hasn't brought in a real successor to the Lumia 920, i'll just switch to Verizon. I would gladly upgrade to the Lumia Icon, even without Glance/double tap to wake...at least it has wireless charging.

Oh...plus...my friend has the Icon...and while I used to think Verizon didn't have global phones, the Icon is a true Global phone that can roam on GSM just like ATT...so I have no reason to be loyal to ATT now.

Thats all great, just hope you haven't become to atteched to the 8.1/cyan update. The Verizon folks and all the fancy phones are still waiting.

Tutor

• 

12 Messages

10 years ago

Nah, anyone can sign up as a developer, and download the 8.1 update/cyan...my friend did that on Verizon, worked great...i so envy his phone...he can miracast wirelessly....sigh...hurry up Att, get it together, I dont want a medium phone, I want an expensive beast flagship.

Dan

[Edited for privacy-please do not post personal or unique information such as but not limited to full names, employee ID numbers, email addresses, phone numbers, account numbers, etc.]

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.