What the heck is taking so long for Samsung Focus S Windows 7.8 on my phone???

Teacher

What the heck is taking so long for Samsung Focus S Windows 7.8 on my phone???

I spoke with ATT but they said it was released on 1/31 but it is released to people in waves. I have not gotten yet.

it is about to be a year.... i been looking forward to this update for a while now.

Message 1 of 20
Community Manager

Re: What the heck is taking so long for Samsung Focus S Windows 7.8 on my phone???

As it's been discussed in this thread, the update was released a while back and it's available to all customers. Unfortunately, after everything you've done there is only one other explanation that I can think of. Something might be corrupted in your phone's software and a factory reset may be needed to find that out or a hardware issue of some kind is causing this.

Dmitriy

Rethink Possible

Did a post have a solution that worked for you? Help other people find solutions faster by marking posts that helped you as an "Accepted Solution". Learn about accepted solutions: Learn More.

Employee Contributor*
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Message 16 of 20
Teacher

Re: What the heck is taking so long for Samsung Focus S Windows 7.8 on my phone???

AT&T hasn't released the update and they probably no longer will since the phone is soo old.  If you wanted to do it on your own (AT YOUR OWN RISK), take a look at this:

http://www.wpcentral.com/tool-make-installing-windows-phone-78-update-easier

I've done it with my phone and it's super easy, but if something screws up you will probably be out a phone...

Message 17 of 20
Tutor

I try with this tool but I have the Update 7.10.8773.98, so the tool can´t update  Smiley Sad

Tags (1)
Message 18 of 20
Highlighted
Tutor

I have the Update 7.10.8773.98, i just need the update Update 7.10.8862.144

Can be a problem with the update version?

Message 19 of 20
Teacher

I've done a lot of factory resets on this phone. It's July 2014, so I have just come to accept that I will never get the update on this phone. 

Message 20 of 20
You must type a description before you click preview or reply.
Share this topic
Announcements

Are you looking to upgrade and activate your device?

Let us help make Ordering, Upgrading and Activating easy!

Additional Support