What the heck is taking so long for Samsung Focus S Windows 7.8 on my phone???

Teacher

What the heck is taking so long for Samsung Focus S Windows 7.8 on my phone???

I spoke with ATT but they said it was released on 1/31 but it is released to people in waves. I have not gotten yet.

it is about to be a year.... i been looking forward to this update for a while now.

Message 1 of 20 (11,037 Views)
Community Manager

Re: What the heck is taking so long for Samsung Focus S Windows 7.8 on my phone???

As it's been discussed in this thread, the update was released a while back and it's available to all customers. Unfortunately, after everything you've done there is only one other explanation that I can think of. Something might be corrupted in your phone's software and a factory reset may be needed to find that out or a hardware issue of some kind is causing this.

Dmitriy

Rethink Possible

Did a post have a solution that worked for you? Help other people find solutions faster by marking posts that helped you as an "Accepted Solution". Learn about accepted solutions: Learn More.

Employee Contributor*
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Message 16 of 20 (9,191 Views)
Highlighted
Teacher

Re: What the heck is taking so long for Samsung Focus S Windows 7.8 on my phone???

AT&T hasn't released the update and they probably no longer will since the phone is soo old.  If you wanted to do it on your own (AT YOUR OWN RISK), take a look at this:

http://www.wpcentral.com/tool-make-installing-windows-phone-78-update-easier

I've done it with my phone and it's super easy, but if something screws up you will probably be out a phone...

Message 17 of 20 (8,967 Views)
Tutor

I try with this tool but I have the Update 7.10.8773.98, so the tool can´t update  Smiley Sad

Message 18 of 20 (8,924 Views)
Tutor

I have the Update 7.10.8773.98, i just need the update Update 7.10.8862.144

Can be a problem with the update version?

Message 19 of 20 (8,918 Views)
Teacher

I've done a lot of factory resets on this phone. It's July 2014, so I have just come to accept that I will never get the update on this phone. 

Message 20 of 20 (808 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.