Wireless Forums

Posted Nov 22, 2008
6:44:36 PM
Updated Blackjack II, its slow now.
Can anyone either second the fact that the blackjack II is way slow after the update, or did i make a mistake, and if i did can someone assist me in fixing it?
Can anyone either second the fact that the blackjack II is way slow after the update, or did i make a mistake, and if i did can someone assist me in fixing it?
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Solved
Nov 22, 2008 8:36:34 PM
(0)
Professor

tman41291 wrote:

If you are talking about the time length after turning on your BJ2, then yesm it takes approximately 45 seconds.

If it is slow when accessing programs, make sure that you turn off the phone at least once a day. Sine the BJ2 is trying to be a mini computer, it needs to me "re-booted" daily.
If this does not help, do a "soft" reset. With the phone turned on, remove the battery. Reinstall the battery and wait a few minutes before turning it back on.
If that does not work, do a "hard" reset. Press Start>Settings>More>Security>More>Reset and follow the directions.
Remember, by doing the "hard" reset, you will lose anything you have added, ringtones, pics, etc. Make sure your contacts are sasved to the SIM card and they will not be lost. Make sure to sync your BJ2 with your computer before you do the "hard" reset and that should keep your downloaded items so you can put them back on the phone. Ringtones need to be in the "My Documents" folder to work in the BJ2.
Having to do the hard reset is not uncommon for the BJ2, it's just like having to restore you computer once in a while.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Zombie Hunter Mission Statement

Exterminate the living dead and keep our fellow citizens alive and safe. We will be connecting with our fellow businesses, the police department, funeral home, and weapon manufacturers to help map out, and exterminate the pesky living dead from our community.

~~~Seth Mendenhall
Accepted Solution

Updated Blackjack II, its slow now.

6 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
Replies
(6)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Solved
Nov 22, 2008 8:36:34 PM
(0)
Professor

tman41291 wrote:

If you are talking about the time length after turning on your BJ2, then yesm it takes approximately 45 seconds.

If it is slow when accessing programs, make sure that you turn off the phone at least once a day. Sine the BJ2 is trying to be a mini computer, it needs to me "re-booted" daily.
If this does not help, do a "soft" reset. With the phone turned on, remove the battery. Reinstall the battery and wait a few minutes before turning it back on.
If that does not work, do a "hard" reset. Press Start>Settings>More>Security>More>Reset and follow the directions.
Remember, by doing the "hard" reset, you will lose anything you have added, ringtones, pics, etc. Make sure your contacts are sasved to the SIM card and they will not be lost. Make sure to sync your BJ2 with your computer before you do the "hard" reset and that should keep your downloaded items so you can put them back on the phone. Ringtones need to be in the "My Documents" folder to work in the BJ2.
Having to do the hard reset is not uncommon for the BJ2, it's just like having to restore you computer once in a while.

Exterminate the living dead and keep our fellow citizens alive and safe. We will be connecting with our fellow businesses, the police department, funeral home, and weapon manufacturers to help map out, and exterminate the pesky living dead from our community.

~~~Seth Mendenhall

tman41291 wrote:

~~~Seth Mendenhall

Re: Updated Blackjack II, its slow now.

2 of 7 (4,483 Views)
Solution
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Nov 22, 2008 11:04:26 PM
(0)
Professor
efs clears are recommended whenever a new rom has been flashed onto a device.
efs clears are recommended whenever a new rom has been flashed onto a device.

3 of 7 (4,471 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Nov 23, 2008 6:19:33 AM
(0)
Tutor
Ok i will try that.

and what is an efs?
Ok i will try that.

and what is an efs?

4 of 7 (4,440 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Nov 23, 2008 4:14:38 PM
(0)
Professor

tman41291 wrote:
Ok i will try that.

and what is an efs?

Check out this link, http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Encrypting_File_System for a pretty good definition.

~~~Seth Mendenhall

tman41291 wrote:
Ok i will try that.

and what is an efs?

Check out this link, http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Encrypting_File_System for a pretty good definition.

~~~Seth Mendenhall

5 of 7 (4,397 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Nov 23, 2008 10:37:40 PM
(0)
Professor
actually, efs stands for embedded file system in this case.
actually, efs stands for embedded file system in this case.

6 of 7 (4,365 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 25, 2009 7:15:57 PM
(0)
Tutor
Well i mean it has got rather better, but it still seems like when im texting it is slow in the "chat" style texting windows now, but if i hit menu>new>sms it types fine...when i type in the chat it tried to catch up to me, and its way worse when music is playing...
Well i mean it has got rather better, but it still seems like when im texting it is slow in the "chat" style texting windows now, but if i hit menu>new>sms it types fine...when i type in the chat it tried to catch up to me, and its way worse when music is playing...

7 of 7 (3,802 Views)