Unlocked Lumia Icon can't receive MMS

Contributor

Unlocked Lumia Icon can't receive MMS

I have an unlocked Lumia Icon.  I have everything working (HSPDA+ for data) with the exception of inbound MMS.  When I receive an MMS, it shows up as from "Unknown" and the content of the message says "Message not found".  I have installed Nokia Access Point and I have tried multiple MMS APNs.  Using "Phone" or "pta" give the results above.  Any others I have tried fail completely.  If I turn on encryption for the MMS APN, then the message does arrive and show the correct caller id of the sender, but it is just a link that says "download content".  When I click the link, nothing happens.

is this fixable?

Thanks,

Josh

Message 1 of 5
Contributor

Re: Unlocked Lumia Icon can't receive MMS

Riddle me this....  Just for fun, I purchased a straight talk sim card, which uses the AT&T network.  I installed that into the Icon, changed the APN to the ST recommended ones.  Now MMS works in both directions....

So, it obviously CAN work.  How do I get it to work on my AT&T account?

Message 2 of 5
Contributor

I'm having the same issue - anyone know how to get MMS working on the Icon on AT&T?

Message 3 of 5
Tutor

I understand completely. I just switched over yesterday with my Nokia 928 that I've been using on ST. Had the MMS and data working with those settings no problem. I will say though that I used the most up to date mms apn settings on ST and it didn't work for several days, but I left it alone and it worked about 2-3 days later out of the blue. So I'm doing the same thing with is one and see if it works. I'll update accordingly.

Message 4 of 5
Contributor

Does anyone know the configuration settings?  Any luck?  I'm having similar issues.

Message 5 of 5
You must type a description before you click preview or reply.
Share this topic
Announcements

Are you looking to upgrade and activate your device?

Let us help make Ordering, Upgrading and Activating easy!

Additional Support