Troubleshoot your device issues
jlesavoy's profile

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

Friday, April 4th, 2014 3:44 PM

Unlocked Lumia Icon can't receive MMS

I have an unlocked Lumia Icon.  I have everything working (HSPDA+ for data) with the exception of inbound MMS.  When I receive an MMS, it shows up as from "Unknown" and the content of the message says "Message not found".  I have installed Nokia Access Point and I have tried multiple MMS APNs.  Using "Phone" or "pta" give the results above.  Any others I have tried fail completely.  If I turn on encryption for the MMS APN, then the message does arrive and show the correct caller id of the sender, but it is just a link that says "download content".  When I click the link, nothing happens.

is this fixable?

Thanks,

Josh

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

10 years ago

Riddle me this....  Just for fun, I purchased a straight talk sim card, which uses the AT&T network.  I installed that into the Icon, changed the APN to the ST recommended ones.  Now MMS works in both directions....

So, it obviously CAN work.  How do I get it to work on my AT&T account?

Contributor

• 

1 Message

10 years ago

I'm having the same issue - anyone know how to get MMS working on the Icon on AT&T?

Tutor

• 

2 Messages

10 years ago

I understand completely. I just switched over yesterday with my Nokia 928 that I've been using on ST. Had the MMS and data working with those settings no problem. I will say though that I used the most up to date mms apn settings on ST and it didn't work for several days, but I left it alone and it worked about 2-3 days later out of the blue. So I'm doing the same thing with is one and see if it works. I'll update accordingly.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

8 years ago

Does anyone know the configuration settings?  Any luck?  I'm having similar issues.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.