Troubleshoot your device issues
PTrevethan's profile

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

Sunday, January 20th, 2013 4:15 AM

Titan 2 cannot send or receive MMS messages...

Hi there,

Has anyone out there had any problems sending and receiving MMS messages. Each time I try to receive an MMS, I get a link as an SMS saying "Get media content now". When you click on this, it acts as if it's trying to receive it, and then the link comes back just like it did the first time. This pattern will cycle no matter how many times you click/tap the link.

When I try to send an MMS, I get an SMS message that says "Can't send message, try again." The "try again" part being a link to do so. When you click this link, you get the same thing over and over...

Previously I was able to both send and receive just fine. I've made no changes to the setup, and haven't had any OS updates that coincide with this problem (how I wish we'd get 7.8, however!!!). I've tried disabling the wireless connection at home, and this problem happens all across town and in different cities as well, so it doesn't seem to be a cell tower isolated issue. The phone is stock, and still locked down. No custom ROMs or tweaking (maybe I should tweak the ROM)... I've done everything aside from resetting to factory as I'm trying to avoid having to do this (it's my wife's phone, and she is very adverse to having to set it up again, and I don't feel like having to do it either). However, that would be my next step unless someone out there has seen and solved this one. Please help.

Anyway, has anyone encountered this issue also, and better yet, has anyone found a resolution to this problem if they have had it? Be my hero? 😄

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Mentor

• 

66 Messages

11 years ago

Install the "Connection Setup" app in the Marketplace (under HTC apps), reboot and it should fix itself.

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

11 years ago

Yeah, data is enabled. In fact, I just reset it to factory since nobody was responding (or so I thought, didn't get or missed the notification). Thanks for responding, by the way. 🙂 So, after reset to factory Settings -> About -> Reset Phone, the problem still persists as it was. No idea.

Professor

• 

3.1K Messages

11 years ago

Call 611, and have them check your provisioning settings. It sounds like something isn't configured right on their end.

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

11 years ago

I just got off the phone with support and they said there were no issues with provisioning, and that we will need to do a SIM Swap as the next step. So I will be trying that to see if there is any resolution there...

Professor

• 

3.1K Messages

11 years ago

Sounds like the right direction for working out the issue...

Mentor

• 

25 Messages

11 years ago

Do you have data & wifi turned on?  Turn off wifi and try again.  My wife & I have this problem occasionally.

Teacher

• 

6 Messages

11 years ago

I have a Titan II with the same problem and downloaded the HTC app (Connection Setup) thats in the HTC Apps on the Marketplace and it worked perfectly. I really hope HTC and AT&T make a note of this because they worked on this for a week and 2 phones later and nobody knew how to fix this problem.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

11 years ago

I am having the same issue.  I've reset my phone and installed the Connection Setup app...nothing works.  I've talked to AT&T tech support and they said there is nothing they can do on their end, it's got to be an HTC problem.  So frustrating!!!  I can't get on the internet or send MMS.

Professor

• 

1.8K Messages

11 years ago

@Shanzi44 wrote:

I am having the same issue.  I've reset my phone and installed the Connection Setup app...nothing works.  I've talked to AT&T tech support and they said there is nothing they can do on their end, it's got to be an HTC problem.  So frustrating!!!  I can't get on the internet or send MMS.

Dumb question: did you do those  in the order stated? If the order is opposite of the stated order, please ignore the question.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.