Ask a question
Search in Wireless Forums

Wireless Forum

Posted Nov 16, 2011
9:27:50 PM
Tilt 2 wifi will not work.

I recently replaced my ATT tilt 2 with the new iPhone4s.  I had planned to continue to use the tilt 2 for as a pda and use the Wi Fi on the phone to browse the internet.  After ATT activated the new iPhone (using the same phone number I used for the tilt).  I can't use the wifi on the tilt to access the internet on my home network.  I knew I would not be able to use it as a phone, but I assumed that ATT wouldn't brick the other features, making it worthless.  Any help or suggestions?? 

I recently replaced my ATT tilt 2 with the new iPhone4s.  I had planned to continue to use the tilt 2 for as a pda and use the Wi Fi on the phone to browse the internet.  After ATT activated the new iPhone (using the same phone number I used for the tilt).  I can't use the wifi on the tilt to access the internet on my home network.  I knew I would not be able to use it as a phone, but I assumed that ATT wouldn't brick the other features, making it worthless.  Any help or suggestions?? 

(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Solved
Nov 17, 2011 2:49:58 PM
(0)
Teacher
Try a hard reset of the phone. I use my Tilt 2 on WiFi all the time. It not being on an at&t account should have no effect on the hardware functionality of the device (such as Wi-Fi). at&t doesn't control that.
Accepted Solution

Tilt 2 wifi will not work.

3 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(3)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Solved
Nov 17, 2011 2:49:58 PM
(0)
Teacher
Try a hard reset of the phone. I use my Tilt 2 on WiFi all the time. It not being on an at&t account should have no effect on the hardware functionality of the device (such as Wi-Fi). at&t doesn't control that.

Re: Tilt 2 wifi will not work.

2 of 4 (1,240 Views)
Solution
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Nov 18, 2011 6:24:09 AM
(0)
ACE - Professor

dsconst321 wrote:

There is no such thing as "bricking a feature".  People frequently abuse the term "brick" to make it sound cooler or more severe.  You can only brick a phone, and to do so would mean to  completely render it non-functional to the point where it cannot be fixed without opening the casing.

Rather, you are claiming that AT&T disabled the WiFi feature.   Which, like the post above, I don't think is true.  I have an old Tilt2 at home.  If I get a chance, I can see if I can get it to it work on WiFi with no SIM inserted.  But not sure if that would really help you, as it does not have stock firmware installed. 

My gut feeling is you have a setting that needs to be changed.

dsconst321 wrote:

There is no such thing as "bricking a feature".  People frequently abuse the term "brick" to make it sound cooler or more severe.  You can only brick a phone, and to do so would mean to  completely render it non-functional to the point where it cannot be fixed without opening the casing.

Rather, you are claiming that AT&T disabled the WiFi feature.   Which, like the post above, I don't think is true.  I have an old Tilt2 at home.  If I get a chance, I can see if I can get it to it work on WiFi with no SIM inserted.  But not sure if that would really help you, as it does not have stock firmware installed. 

My gut feeling is you have a setting that needs to be changed.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

3 of 4 (1,233 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Nov 18, 2011 5:56:11 PM
(0)
Mentor

I did the dard reset, all works fine now.  Thanks!

I did the dard reset, all works fine now.  Thanks!

4 of 4 (1,221 Views)