Troubleshoot your device issues
Hjdcah's profile

Teacher

• 

21 Messages

Friday, January 30th, 2009 3:20 AM

Closed

There is a problem connecting to the GPRS service in the roaming network you are in. - Treo 750

I bought a Treo 750 for my daughter last year along with the internet and texting plan.  Recently I cancelled only the internet part of the plan.  Since then,  all day long,  she keeps getting the above message in the thread title.  I called ATT support and they couldn't help me and told me to call Palm support.  Palm had me change some connection settings - from My ISP to My work ISP but it still happened all day long.  Any ideas how we can do something to rid her phone of that constant error message?  Thanks.

Accepted Solution

Teacher

• 

21 Messages

15 years ago

Hadn't tried deleting the email profile but after your post last night we did and so far so good - no continual error messages.  Thanks so much.

Teacher

• 

21 Messages

15 years ago

sorry, the error message is:

There is a problem connecting to the GPRS service in the local area network you are in

Professor

• 

1.7K Messages

15 years ago

She doesn't have email set up, does she?

And did you just remove the data plan or did you put a data block on the line?

Teacher

• 

21 Messages

15 years ago

She had email set up when she had the data plan,  but since I cancelled the data plan, not just blocked it, she can't retrieve email anymore.  Palm told me they can do a hard reset but she will lose all of her saved stuff.  Tomorrow I think I will call AT&T and get to the bottom of it.  Thanks.

Professor

• 

1.7K Messages

15 years ago

Did you already try deleting the email profile? If it's trying to check email automatically, it will try to connect to the network. If there's no data plan or no pay-per-use data plan, it will fail and likely give you that error.

Professor

• 

1.7K Messages

15 years ago

Yay! So glad you were able to get that fixed. Smiley Very Happy

Teacher

• 

21 Messages

15 years ago

and worked fine all day today so it is definitely fixed Smiley Very Happy ;

Teacher

• 

21 Messages

15 years ago

Unfortunately, after 2 days of no issues, the phone began the same issue with the same message all over again at the same frequency as before all day long.  Any other thoughts?  Thanks.

Professor

• 

1.7K Messages

15 years ago

Well, first check to see if there's anything else that might be trying to access the internet or data services on a regular basis.

If you can't find anything, it's probably time for a backup and master reset.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.