Troubleshoot your device issues
ghanson's profile

Teacher

• 

13 Messages

Tuesday, November 2nd, 2010 9:29 PM

Strategy for Managing the Address Book - Captivate i897

I've had the Captivate for 5 days and like it.  However, the smartcard copy from my old phone resulted in duplicates and now I have the tons of email links as a result of the GMail sync.  I need to clean house.

Is there a pc-based app which would allow me to manage the Contacts on the Captivate?

Is AT&T Address Book worth the extra $1.99/mo and would their online access simplify managing Contacts?

Am I better off cleaning and pruning my GMail address book and managing the Captivate from there?

Please help the new guy: what is your strategy?

Thanks,

Greg

Tutor

• 

8 Messages

13 years ago

Oh, yeah!  Definitely for a Captivate, I'd think.  (Your "sig" says you're running a Blackjack but the thread says your asking about a Captive... hmmmm?)

If you use the camera to any extent or want music on your phone, you definitely need an SD card.  I'd go for 16gig.

When (and if) Froyo ever gets here, any apps you want to install can be installed in the SD card (but not in the current version of Androd) saving precious room for the cache and other things that speed up the phone.

If all you want to do is one time move contacts as we discussed, 4gig and a few bucks ought to do it... but I'm not sure how big the CSV file would be for 250 contacts... I'd bet it would be well less than a gig.

Scholar

• 

51 Messages

13 years ago

Thanks again!  I guess I need to chnge my signiture.

Master

• 

4.1K Messages

13 years ago

Just for example, I have exported all of my google contacts (200 ±) to the sd card as a backup of google sync a few times since I got my android phone. The largest file created was approximately 310 kb.

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

13 years ago

Woman Sad

TOUCHE'

Contributor

• 

1 Message

13 years ago

This didn't work.  I have 3-4 copies of every contact after trying the import/export.  Then I tried deleting as you suggested, didn't work either!  I cannot see "source" under "sound and display" setting.  What am I doing wrong??  Very frustrated right now!

Teacher

• 

19 Messages

13 years ago

While signed into my gmail account, I went through google.com/contacts and cleaned house from there, much easier.  Then re-sync.  And someone in a post above said you can't sync from phone to gmail...this is false, you can add a g-contact on the phone and it will show up in your gmail contacts.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.