Samsung Focus won't shut down...

Teacher

Samsung Focus won't shut down...

When I hold down the power button to shut it down, it says goodbye but then loads up again.  I am also having an issue with charging all of the sudden.  

Any ideas before I hard reset?

Message 1 of 9 (16,716 Views)
Tutor
Solution
Accepted by topic author Thresher
‎09-30-2015 1:39 AM

Re: Samsung Focus won't shut down...

When the phone is plugged into power, it will turn on.  From what I can see, it can't be turned off while charging.

Message 2 of 9 (16,708 Views)
Teacher

Thank you for chiming in.  Sounds reasonable.  I am having other issues with the phone, namely it was plugged in all night but took no charge.  I was unsure if I should have shut it down.  

Message 3 of 9 (16,702 Views)
Tutor

That happened to mine the first time I charged it.  I have hard reset the device several times and haven't seen that behaviour since then.

Message 4 of 9 (16,698 Views)
Contributor

Your issue was marked as 'solved'.  Yet when I click on the link it takes me to another post in your thread - but doesn't show a solution to the problem.

My Focus restarts every time I try to shut it down while it's plugged in as well.

Has anyone actually found a resolution for this?

Message 5 of 9 (16,102 Views)
Master

The behavior is by design.

Message 6 of 9 (16,079 Views)
Mentor

Before you hard reset your Focus, I had the same charging problem and just removed the battery for about 30 seconds and that fixed the problem also.

Message 7 of 9 (16,007 Views)
Contributor

My Focus won't shut down whether it's on the charger or not.  It also shows that it is charging whether it is on the charger or not.  Anyone else experience this problem?

Message 8 of 9 (14,019 Views)
Contributor

strange enough i put my tongue in the usb/charger port ma...

strange enough i put my tongue in the usb/charger port making sure it is wet. wiggled back and forth. problem gone.  not a joke. works and problem never returned

Thresher wrote:

When I hold down the power button to shut it down, it says goodbye but then loads up again.  I am also having an issue with charging all of the sudden.  

Any ideas before I hard reset?

Message 9 of 9 (13,242 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.