Ask a question
Search in Wireless Forums

Wireless Forum

Highlighted
Posted Nov 22, 2010
10:28:01 AM
View profile
Samsung Focus won't shut down...

When I hold down the power button to shut it down, it says goodbye but then loads up again.  I am also having an issue with charging all of the sudden.  

Any ideas before I hard reset?

When I hold down the power button to shut it down, it says goodbye but then loads up again.  I am also having an issue with charging all of the sudden.  

(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Solved
Nov 22, 2010 10:38:45 AM
(0)
Tutor

When the phone is plugged into power, it will turn on.  From what I can see, it can't be turned off while charging.

Accepted Solution

Samsung Focus won't shut down...

8 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(8)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Solved
Nov 22, 2010 10:38:45 AM
(0)
Tutor

When the phone is plugged into power, it will turn on.  From what I can see, it can't be turned off while charging.

Re: Samsung Focus won't shut down...

2 of 9 (16,584 Views)
Solution
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Nov 22, 2010 10:40:14 AM
(0)
Teacher

Thank you for chiming in.  Sounds reasonable.  I am having other issues with the phone, namely it was plugged in all night but took no charge.  I was unsure if I should have shut it down.  

Thank you for chiming in.  Sounds reasonable.  I am having other issues with the phone, namely it was plugged in all night but took no charge.  I was unsure if I should have shut it down.  

3 of 9 (16,578 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Nov 22, 2010 10:42:44 AM
(0)
Tutor

That happened to mine the first time I charged it.  I have hard reset the device several times and haven't seen that behaviour since then.

That happened to mine the first time I charged it.  I have hard reset the device several times and haven't seen that behaviour since then.

4 of 9 (16,574 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 7, 2011 10:08:32 PM
(0)
Contributor

Your issue was marked as 'solved'.  Yet when I click on the link it takes me to another post in your thread - but doesn't show a solution to the problem.

My Focus restarts every time I try to shut it down while it's plugged in as well.

Has anyone actually found a resolution for this?

Your issue was marked as 'solved'.  Yet when I click on the link it takes me to another post in your thread - but doesn't show a solution to the problem.

My Focus restarts every time I try to shut it down while it's plugged in as well.

Has anyone actually found a resolution for this?

5 of 9 (15,978 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 8, 2011 7:10:45 AM
(0)
Master

The behavior is by design.

The behavior is by design.

6 of 9 (15,955 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 10, 2011 10:39:44 AM
(0)
Mentor

Before you hard reset your Focus, I had the same charging problem and just removed the battery for about 30 seconds and that fixed the problem also.

Before you hard reset your Focus, I had the same charging problem and just removed the battery for about 30 seconds and that fixed the problem also.

7 of 9 (15,883 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 11, 2012 10:43:09 AM
(0)
Contributor

My Focus won't shut down whether it's on the charger or not.  It also shows that it is charging whether it is on the charger or not.  Anyone else experience this problem?

My Focus won't shut down whether it's on the charger or not.  It also shows that it is charging whether it is on the charger or not.  Anyone else experience this problem?

8 of 9 (13,895 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 16, 2013 5:58:42 PM
(0)
Contributor

strange enough i put my tongue in the usb/charger port making sure it is wet. wiggled back and forth. problem gone.  not a joke. works and problem never returned

Thresher wrote:

strange enough i put my tongue in the usb/charger port making sure it is wet. wiggled back and forth. problem gone.  not a joke. works and problem never returned

Thresher wrote:

strange enough i put my tongue in the usb/charger port ma...

9 of 9 (13,118 Views)