Troubleshoot your device issues
catres's profile

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

Thursday, November 17th, 2011 10:24 PM

Samsung Focus i 917 1.4 Mango Update and other problems

Hello;

3 days before the focus samsung i917 - 1.4 I bought. I downloaded and installed the Zune to my computer. I did updates. that are currently installed OS version: 7.0.7392.0 Zune says there is no other update. How can I update mango. I looked but could not find all the sites. How do I make mango update?
my other problems:

- Does not disable 3G. (settings > Cellular >you do not have the option to disable 3g)

- I can not get sms delivery report (I do not have the option following the site. I can not enter the registry)
http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1289413

- XAP extension phone can not install (these issues to resolve with mango? I do not know)

Do you help? If that information is one of many I'll be glad.

I do not know what to do. Please help me.

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Professor

• 

3.8K Messages

12 years ago

Revision 1.4 is now receiving updates 🙂

Contributor

• 

1 Message

12 years ago

If you have the Focus 1.4 the delivery has not started yet,

Acording to Microsoft -

***Delivery has begun for the HTC HD7S, HTC Surround, LG Quantum, and Samsung Focus v. 1.3. The Samsung Focus v. 1.4 and the Dell Venue Pro are in Testing.

you can see here:

http://www.microsoft.com/windowsphone/en-us/features/update-schedule-usa.aspx

So kindly wait. even  i am waiting for my mango.Man Wink

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

12 years ago

Thank you friends;  zune said yes now that the new update.  I did successfully update mango.  I'm very fortunate.  No options are dropping on sms and 3g.  How can I fix this my problems?

Professor

• 

3.8K Messages

12 years ago

What do you mean no options are dropping on SMS and 3G?

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

12 years ago

I can not see the 3g enable disable options on my focus

and still can not get sms delivery report when i send sms.

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

12 years ago

i wanna cry pay a lot and cry for basic features

Contributor

• 

1 Message

12 years ago

It's good that you got the Mango update.  The Focuses are nice phones but the update process has been frustrating for both varients at different times.

There is no option to disable 3G.  You can completely disable cellular data by going to Settings ->Cellular on the phone.  There may be a registry hack for it, but I don't recommend you try that type of thing if you're not extremely comfortable with device modifying.  See note about XAPs below.

As far as I know, AT&T doesn't support SMS delivery reports.  If you read further on the xda link you left, you would see that mentioned.  If you are not on AT&T....well this may be the wrong forum for you and you will not be able to get too much support here. 

As far as deploying XAPs, you cannot do this without a developer unlock.  The official ways to enable this are through Microsoft's developer program for $99 a year or through Chevron Labs for $9 per phone.  Even if you do this, you will not have an interop unlock so you will not have registry access to the phone.  You would have to dig some more in xda to find information about how to do that as I don't have too much experience with that on the Focus and I want to say that they haven't found a way to force it on the Mango update without keeping it from the NoDo unlock. Keep in mind that digging through the phone is not supported by anyone who sold it to you and if you break the phone it's on you.  Xda is a great resource for this type of modifying, but they don't always welcome questions from newbies. 

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.