Troubleshoot your device issues
brwonline's profile

Tutor

• 

9 Messages

Monday, November 29th, 2010 12:19 PM

Samsung Focus WP7... Selecting a picture restarts the phone???

My phone is jacked.  Here are the issues: 

Phone restarts when selecting a picture.

None of my apps will start.  I select an app and it goes back to the list of apps.  Settings etc. seems to work.

Picture hub shows some thumbnails other times doesn't.

Take a picture and it doesn't save... just slides to the left and freezes.

I "Have not" changed or takin outt the SD card.

This sucks... I've told everyone and their brother how awesome this phone is..... HELP!

Guru

• 

642 Messages

13 years ago

when i do the hold power, volume and camera buttons down.. letting off power after vibrate... it takes me to a "download mode" screen.. "do not turn off it takes about 10 minutes... dialog... but it has stayed their for 30 minutes and nothing.....

After you hit those three buttons, then after screen comes up, you need to hit the "Windows" button (middle one on bottom of phone) to get to the hard reset.

Sounds like your phone is defective . I have not encountered any problem up to this point.

Tutor

• 

9 Messages

13 years ago

The key to getting to the format option for me was making sure I had the "Volumn-DOWN" button selected. 

I was using the phone a  fast pase.  Not sure others would do it.  Taking several pictures in a row, nav-ing to other screens, uploading, more pics... etc.  It is almost as though it was put into an "untested" state of corruption :(.... My suspicion is that it could be done again .. with the right (wrong) steps.

Tutor

• 

9 Messages

13 years ago

and to think i'm putting together information to recommed this phone over the iphone to 4000+ employees... i can't see trying to change over until I know this is corrected.... geeeeezzzz

Contributor

• 

1 Message

13 years ago

Just wanted to say that I'm having *exactly* the same problem with my Samsung focus. It worked fine for more than a week, then suddenly started locking up and restarting when I'm trying to use apps. I did a hard reset, and it locked up again while I was going through the "welcome to your phone" screens. So it wouldn't seem to be a software issue.

My first Focus had a bad proximity sensor; now the second one is bad too? This might not be Microsoft's fault but people are going to see this as a "Windows Phone" problem and not a Samsung problem.

Master

• 

2.7K Messages

13 years ago

Samsung phone has hardware defects out of box is nothing new. I'm kind of expect this to happen everytime I buy a Samsung phone (have 6 different Samsung smart phones now). Samsung quality.

Expert

• 

12.2K Messages

13 years ago

@foxbat121 wrote:

Samsung phone has hardware defects out of box is nothing new. I'm kind of expect this to happen everytime I buy a Samsung phone (have 6 different Samsung smart phones now). Samsung quality.

what hardware defects out of the box? Got a list of them? Personally been using one with a 32 meg Kingston card in it since 11/08. Phone has been turned off and turned on numerous times and have never seen a hardware defect on it appear. Would be interested to see a validated list of hardware defects

Master

• 

2.7K Messages

13 years ago

by 'Hardware defects' I mean quality control problems. Like the random restart mentioned in this thread.

Expert

• 

12.2K Messages

13 years ago

@foxbat121 wrote:

by 'Hardware defects' I mean quality control problems. Like the random restart mentioned in this thread.

alot of the random restarts that have been mentioned people have a sd card installed, given the current stance on sd cards this could be the cause, then again that is being pointed out as being a issue of the OS.

We have 4 Samsung Focus's in the hands of employees for evaluation, each have a kingston 32GB sd card, the people that have the phne are requird to turn in weekly status reports on the phone that are reviewed. Have had 1 report of a automatic restart, that is it. I carry one for personal use also.

At this point there is not enough information to determine if the restarts are cause by a "hardware defect" or a software issue. 

Master

• 

2.7K Messages

13 years ago

@wingrider01 wrote:

@foxbat121 wrote:

alot of the random restarts that have been mentioned people have a sd card installed, given the current stance on sd cards this could be the cause, then again that is being pointed out as being a issue of the OS.

We have 4 Samsung Focus's in the hands of employees for evaluation, each have a kingston 32GB sd card, the people that have the phne are requird to turn in weekly status reports on the phone that are reviewed. Have had 1 report of a automatic restart, that is it. I carry one for personal use also.

At this point there is not enough information to determine if the restarts are cause by a "hardware defect" or a software issue. 

If you read the whole thread you will know that OP does not have any SD card in the phone.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.