Troubleshoot your device issues
brwonline's profile

Tutor

• 

9 Messages

Monday, November 29th, 2010 12:19 PM

Samsung Focus WP7... Selecting a picture restarts the phone???

My phone is jacked.  Here are the issues: 

Phone restarts when selecting a picture.

None of my apps will start.  I select an app and it goes back to the list of apps.  Settings etc. seems to work.

Picture hub shows some thumbnails other times doesn't.

Take a picture and it doesn't save... just slides to the left and freezes.

I "Have not" changed or takin outt the SD card.

This sucks... I've told everyone and their brother how awesome this phone is..... HELP!

Accepted Solution

Master

• 

2.7K Messages

13 years ago

The phone does not come with any SD card. It has 8GB internal storage, not SD card. That's why I'm confused.

Sounds like you need to get a replacement phone from where you bought it (if it is within 30 days).

Accepted Solution

Master

• 

2.7K Messages

13 years ago

You can't 'correct' a hardware defect. Exchange the phone and see how the new one does. With Samsung products, expect more defective hardware than other brands.

Master

• 

2.7K Messages

13 years ago

It's probably the SD card you put in. Many /most SD cards are found not compatible with the phone. Which brand and speed rating is your SD card?

You may have to take the SD card out, hard reset/format the phone (you will lose everything) to make the phone functional again.

Tutor

• 

9 Messages

13 years ago

As I posted.  "I HAVE NOT TOUCHED THE SD CARD, TAKEN IT OUT - REPLACED IT" ANYTHING. ( not shouting just emphaizing).

Should I try hard resetting.  If so, how do I get the SD card out?

Tutor

• 

9 Messages

13 years ago

btw... it is the card that came with the phone.

Tutor

• 

9 Messages

13 years ago

your correct.... just realized it doesn't have a card... i'll take the phone back.... btw... when i do the hold power, volume and camera buttons down.. letting off power after vibrate... it takes me to a "download mode" screen.. "do not turn off it takes about 10 minutes... dialog... but it has stayed their for 30 minutes and nothing.....

Master

• 

2.7K Messages

13 years ago

I maybe wrong but download mode is for firmware updating. The phone is waiting for firmware being pushed down via PC.

What you should do is the other key combination to format the phone (search for that as I don't remember the details) to see if it solves your problem.

Tutor

• 

9 Messages

13 years ago

k thanks... if anyone know the key combination, please advise... not sure what to even search for.

Tutor

• 

9 Messages

13 years ago

also... i've selected > about > reset phone ... it restarts "no change"... in fact its seems as tho all the data is still there... my app names show up, some pictures, contacts etc.  It doesn't appear to have erased any data.  This looks more and more like a corrupted file system or something.

Tutor

• 

9 Messages

13 years ago

finally figured out how to get to the reformat dialog by selecting "VOL-DOWN", camera and power button.  Did the reformat.  Then selected settings>about> and reset...  phone will still restart when I select a picture.  When I take a picture, it slides to the left then freezes..

big MS fan very disappointed... hope no one else has this issue.....

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.