Troubleshoot your device issues
iamshake's profile

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

Sunday, February 1st, 2009 10:08 PM

Closed

Samsung Eternity: SD Card works in phone but not with computers

I have a Samsung Eternity with a 4 GB SD card. The card shows up in the phone when I check the memory management, however when I remove it and put it into my computer, the computer does not see it.

I have tried this SD card on 3 different computer card readers, and none read it. I have tried other SD cards and adapters on all 3 computers to determine if it could be the adapters or the computers, but every otherSD card and adapter worked fin on all 3 computers/card readers, so I am positive that this SD card is the issue. 

I tried formatting the card while it was in the phone, and theformat was successful, however my computers still don't see the card. 

Can anyone shed some light on how I can use this SD card to transfer files from my computer to my phone? Thanks in advance. 

Accepted Solution

Master

• 

2.7K Messages

15 years ago

@iamshake wrote:

I have a Samsung Eternity with a 4 GB SD card...

I have tried this SD card on 3 different computer card readers, and none read it. I have tried other SD cards and adapters on all 3 computers to determine if it could be the adapters or the computers, but every otherSD card and adapter worked fin on all 3 computers/card readers, so I am positive that this SD card is the issue. 

Are your other three SD cards 4GB or higher? Original SD spec only reaches 2GB max. Then cames SDHC spec which starts from 4GB all the way to 32GB. Old card readers may or maynot be able to read SDHC cards (4GB or higher). Some card readers can be updated with a new driver to support SDHC, some don't. So, unless your other SD cards are SDHC as well, you can't be sure your current 4GB card is faulty.

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

15 years ago

Wanted to add: All 3 computers are running Windows XP SP2.

Scholar

• 

97 Messages

15 years ago

@iamshake wrote:

I have a Samsung Eternity with a 4 GB SD card. The card shows up in the phone when I check the memory management, however when I remove it and put it into my computer, the computer does not see it.

I tried formatting the card while it was in the phone, and theformat was successful, however my computers still don't see the card. 

Can anyone shed some light on how I can use this SD card to transfer files from my computer to my phone? Thanks in advance. 

since your computer is not reading the card, tryusing the phone to get to it. If you have a USB cable for the phone plug it into the computer & go to samungs site and download the software for the phone. And you should be able to access the memory card through the phone and save the files you want on your computer.

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

15 years ago

I don't have the cable to connect to the phone, nor is my computer Bluetooth enabled. Unfortunately the salesman at the AT & T store told me that this phone came with a USB cable, so I didn't know I'd have to buy one separately. It'll be a few days before I get the cable and the bluetooth adapter. I was hoping to use the SD card in the meantime to transfer files.

I'm wondering if SD cards in the Samsung Eternity have some kind of different formatting.

Scholar

• 

97 Messages

15 years ago

If there is something wrong with the SD card i highly doubt that formatting it will do any good. But here is a USB cable for the eternity: LINK

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

15 years ago

Thank you foxbat121!! I did not realize my card reader was the issue. I downloaded a new driver for it and now my laptop can read the card. Thank you!

Teacher

• 

14 Messages

15 years ago

Brilliant!  Thanks.  I was trying to figure out if the MicroSD card or the Micro SDHC cards were compatible.  I got a 8gb SDHC card at Target for 25 dollars, but took it back because I couldn't get it to work.   If your looking for cheap  SDHC cards, go to Circuit City!  They are like 50 percent off.  8bg card was $12.50!!!
Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.