Samsung Ativ S Neo and phone 8.1

Highlighted
Tutor

Samsung Ativ S Neo and phone 8.1

Any guess if the ATT samsung phone will ever see an update?  I think ATT could at least give an indication of when or if particular phones will get updated.

Message 1 of 12 (1,857 Views)
Tutor

Re: Samsung Ativ S Neo and phone 8.1

I too want to know. I posted one in a separate thread about this a couple of days ago. It would be good if ATT rep. would give us some indication. I am expecting this phone to be updated since it is still being sold and supported by AT&T. Please let us know!!

Message 2 of 12 (1,817 Views)
Teacher

You could use the developers preview, new features coming...

You could use the developers preview, new features coming next week
Message 3 of 12 (1,812 Views)
Tutor

Re: You could use the developers preview, new features coming...

Not sure I understand - do you mean update phone unofficially? What new features will be coming next week?

Thanks for any clarification.

Message 4 of 12 (1,801 Views)
Teacher

Not sure of you have not heard of it but you can bypass a...

Not sure of you have not heard of it but you can bypass at&t and install it yourself. Check this link for more information http://blogs.windows.com/bloggingwindows/?s=windows+phone+developer+preview
Message 5 of 12 (1,774 Views)
Tutor

Re: Not sure of you have not heard of it but you can bypass a...

Thanks. I will wait for AT&T to roll out the update since not doing so would invalidate the warranty. If they don't maybe I'll go that route.

Message 6 of 12 (1,753 Views)
Tutor

Re: Not sure of you have not heard of it but you can bypass a...

Has anybody successfully updated Samsung ATIV S Neo (SGH-I187), OS Versin: 8.0.10512.142 to Windows phone 8.1? Any success/failure stories would be helpful to the community. Or, waiting for ATT rep to confirm that the phone will be updated.

Message 7 of 12 (1,729 Views)
Contributor

Samsung Ativ S Neo windows 8.1 update?

Hello AT&T people

does anyone know when the windows 8.1 update will be available for Samsung Ativ s Neo?

Message 8 of 12 (1,749 Views)
Contributor

I just finished a 'live chat' with AT&T tech support about this upgrade. They had no clue. Unfortunately I have been down this road before with a previous Samsung phone with the upgrade from 7.0 to 7.5. You would think I had learned my lesson. If this upgrade EVER comes through I will be pleasantly surprised. Our Samsung phone is no longer listed on the AT&T web site so we are probably totally screwed.

Message 9 of 12 (1,388 Views)
Voyager

I noticed that Samsung has posted an updated user manual, dated 9/9/2014, for the ATIV S Neo Windows 8.1 

How long before AT&T will push out the updated?

Message 10 of 12 (939 Views)
Tutor

Here is some good news. I went ahead and updated Samsung ATIV S Neo (SGH-I187) to Win phone 8.1 (8.10.14176.243). It went flawlessly and the phone is working great with Cortana and all that.

Those of you who feel the AT&T is not going to update it can do so unofficially if you so desire. I just followed the instructions in: http://unleashthephones.com/2014/04/14/how-to-update-to-windows-phone-8-1-preview/

It updated the software  four times till it got to the final 8.1 version.

Hope this helps.

Message 11 of 12 (785 Views)
Contributor

MohPra wrote:

Here is some good news. I went ahead and updated Samsung ATIV S Neo (SGH-I187) to Win phone 8.1 (8.10.14176.243). It went flawlessly and the phone is working great with Cortana and all that.

Those of you who feel the AT&T is not going to update it can do so unofficially if you so desire. I just followed the instructions in: http://unleashthephones.com/2014/04/14/how-to-update-to-windows-phone-8-1-preview/

It updated the software  four times till it got to the final 8.1 version.

Hope this helps.

This was STUPID EASY!!!!  I also had to go through about 4 updates to get to 8.1 but it took a total of about 30 minutes all together.  THANK YOU!!!!

Message 12 of 12 (703 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.