Helpful Links

Samsung Ativ S Neo and phone 8.1

Highlighted
Tutor

Samsung Ativ S Neo and phone 8.1

Any guess if the ATT samsung phone will ever see an update?  I think ATT could at least give an indication of when or if particular phones will get updated.

Message 1 of 12
Tutor

Re: Samsung Ativ S Neo and phone 8.1

I too want to know. I posted one in a separate thread about this a couple of days ago. It would be good if ATT rep. would give us some indication. I am expecting this phone to be updated since it is still being sold and supported by AT&T. Please let us know!!

Message 2 of 12
Teacher

You could use the developers preview, new features coming...

You could use the developers preview, new features coming next week
Message 3 of 12
Tutor

Re: You could use the developers preview, new features coming...

Not sure I understand - do you mean update phone unofficially? What new features will be coming next week?

Thanks for any clarification.

Message 4 of 12
Teacher

Not sure of you have not heard of it but you can bypass a...

Not sure of you have not heard of it but you can bypass at&t and install it yourself. Check this link for more information http://blogs.windows.com/bloggingwindows/?s=windows+phone+developer+preview
Message 5 of 12
Tutor

Re: Not sure of you have not heard of it but you can bypass a...

Thanks. I will wait for AT&T to roll out the update since not doing so would invalidate the warranty. If they don't maybe I'll go that route.

Message 6 of 12
Tutor

Re: Not sure of you have not heard of it but you can bypass a...

Has anybody successfully updated Samsung ATIV S Neo (SGH-I187), OS Versin: 8.0.10512.142 to Windows phone 8.1? Any success/failure stories would be helpful to the community. Or, waiting for ATT rep to confirm that the phone will be updated.

Message 7 of 12
Contributor

Samsung Ativ S Neo windows 8.1 update?

Hello AT&T people

does anyone know when the windows 8.1 update will be available for Samsung Ativ s Neo?

Message 8 of 12
Contributor

I just finished a 'live chat' with AT&T tech support about this upgrade. They had no clue. Unfortunately I have been down this road before with a previous Samsung phone with the upgrade from 7.0 to 7.5. You would think I had learned my lesson. If this upgrade EVER comes through I will be pleasantly surprised. Our Samsung phone is no longer listed on the AT&T web site so we are probably totally screwed.

Message 9 of 12
Voyager

I noticed that Samsung has posted an updated user manual, dated 9/9/2014, for the ATIV S Neo Windows 8.1 

How long before AT&T will push out the updated?

Message 10 of 12
Tutor

Here is some good news. I went ahead and updated Samsung ATIV S Neo (SGH-I187) to Win phone 8.1 (8.10.14176.243). It went flawlessly and the phone is working great with Cortana and all that.

Those of you who feel the AT&T is not going to update it can do so unofficially if you so desire. I just followed the instructions in: http://unleashthephones.com/2014/04/14/how-to-update-to-windows-phone-8-1-preview/

It updated the software  four times till it got to the final 8.1 version.

Hope this helps.

Message 11 of 12
Contributor

MohPra wrote:

Here is some good news. I went ahead and updated Samsung ATIV S Neo (SGH-I187) to Win phone 8.1 (8.10.14176.243). It went flawlessly and the phone is working great with Cortana and all that.

Those of you who feel the AT&T is not going to update it can do so unofficially if you so desire. I just followed the instructions in: http://unleashthephones.com/2014/04/14/how-to-update-to-windows-phone-8-1-preview/

It updated the software  four times till it got to the final 8.1 version.

Hope this helps.

This was STUPID EASY!!!!  I also had to go through about 4 updates to get to 8.1 but it took a total of about 30 minutes all together.  THANK YOU!!!!

Message 12 of 12
You must type a description before you click preview or reply.
Share this topic
Announcements

Are you looking to upgrade and activate your device?
Let us help make Ordering, Upgrading and Activating easy!

AT&T Locker is being discontinued on August 3rd. Find out what you need to do.

Additional Support