Troubleshoot your device issues
policetac's profile

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

Tuesday, August 2nd, 2016 5:05 AM

Reseting the lumia 640LTE

I bought a Gophonefrom a friend of mine that was already activated.

I've since switched everything over to my information.

I'm going to add more time to it here in a little bit but I have a question first.

I want to give this phone to my daughter.

In "settings" there's a subsection titled "about."

In this section there's an option to "Reset your phone."

If I choose to do this, will it simply erase the things like contacts, games, and previous calls and such, OR will it also somehow screw up the account information? In otherwords, can I safely "Reset my phone" without risk to the account?

Thank you to all who offer assistance.

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Master

• 

3.5K Messages

8 years ago

You'll reset the entire phone, all the settings, etc.  It will revert back to the last core OS version, which at this point (8/2) will either be the last Threshold build, or the new Redstone (Anniversary) build, that part is hard to discern today.

I'm not sure what you mean by "account" though, are you talking about the number, provided through the AT&T SIM?  Or the "Live" account, which you probably have set up on the phone.

It will remove the Live account info, which can easily be restored (without necessarily restoring the backup, you can just skip that part).

Hopefully I answered what I think was your question, if not, give me a bit more info and I'll take another shot...

*If this (or another post in this thread) fixes your problem/issue, please mark it as solved, and I'll tag it, to make it easier for others to find the answer(s). Thanks.

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

8 years ago

Hello and thank you for your reply.

I think I've pretty much got it figured out now. Thank you for your reply. It actually did help a bit.

Thank you.

**Moderator-Please mark thread as "solved."

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.