04-15-2012 12:15 PM
I have a samsung i907UCHI5 running Windows Mobile 6.1 (yeah, cutting edge, I know ), and I need to know about removing the PIN security if I lock myself out. I currenlty don't have the PIN security active, and would like to activate it, but am worried that I'm about to lock myself out. Here's the background:
1. Went into the Windows => Phone => Menu => Options menu path
2. Clicked on the Security tab
3. Clicked on the Change PIN link
4. At the next screen, entered what I thought was the old PIN
5. Got the message to enter my new PIN, which I did
6. Got the message to confrim my new PIN, which I did
7. Hit Enter
8. Got the message that the Require PIN when phone is used option needs to be selected in order to do this.
9. Hit OK. This took me back to the previous screen
10. Checked the Require PIN when phone is used checkbox
11. Clicked on the Change PIN link
12. At the next screen, entered what I thought was the old PIN
13. Got the message that PIN was invalid, try again, and I have two attempts remaining
14. Entered the new PIN that I'd created in steps 5 and 6
15. Got the message that PIN was invalid, try again, and I have one attempt remaining
So now, I'm afraid to do anything for fear that if I get the PIN wrong, I'll lock myself out. Is there a way to reset the PIN attempt count, or to override the lockout if I do in fact lock myself out?
Solved! Go to Solution.
04-15-2012 12:49 PM
04-15-2012 1:29 PM
Nope. Just needed to get a PIN unlock key (PUK) and enter that in. Once I did that, it reset the PIN settings completely, left everything else untouched, and allowed me to enter a new PIN.
Good information to know, for sure.
04-15-2012 6:23 PM
04-16-2012 6:44 AM
PUK is for SIM PIN. WM also has its own PIN security which you can enable. But if you forget that PIN, you will have to hard reset the phone (and lost everything on it).
Find the Unlimited Plan that works best for you at our Knowledge Sharing Session: Whole Lotta' Data Going On on Wed. 6/28 from 1-4pm ET / noon-3pm CT / 10am-1pm PT!
Find out the very latest about the new iPad Pros!
Are you looking to upgrade and activate your device?
Let us help make Ordering, Upgrading and Activating easy!
© 2017 AT&T Intellectual Property.This link will open a new window All rights reserved. AT&T, Globe logo, Mobilizing Your World and DIRECTV are registered trademarks of AT&T Intellectual Property and/or AT&T affiliated companies. All other marks are the property of their respective owners.
Congratulations! You earned the Liz badge!