Ask a question
Search in Wireless Forums

Questions about your Smartphone data usage? Please join us here for a live “Ask an Expert” event on Wednesday, August 24th from 1-5 pm ET / 10am-2pm PT.

Wireless Forum

Posted Jul 29, 2008
9:33:48 PM
View profile
Pandora on ATT Tilt
Is there any way to load Pandora on a Tilt?? If not, will the app be available in the future to PPC users?
Is there any way to load Pandora on a Tilt?? If not, will the app be available in the future to PPC users?
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Solved
Dec 11, 2008 9:32:47 AM
(0)
Expert

bkathens wrote:
Can you provide a link  to the thread on ppcgeeks?

This will take you there.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Samsung Galaxy Note 3
Prev. devices: SGS, Note 2, SGS3, Galaxy Nexus, T-Mobile, G2x, iPhone4, HTC HD2, HTC Fuze, HTC StarTrek, BB Bold
Accepted Solution

Pandora on ATT Tilt

41 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(41)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 30, 2008 3:56:21 AM
(0)
Scholar
I emailed them and asked them if they'd be supporting windows mobile, and their response was like "We trying to expand Pandora to multiple formats".. Who knows...l
I emailed them and asked them if they'd be supporting windows mobile, and their response was like "We trying to expand Pandora to multiple formats".. Who knows...l

Re: Pandora on ATT Tilt

2 of 42 (12,198 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 30, 2008 9:04:33 AM
(0)
Scholar

BigRob wrote:

I've tried the PC version, it is awsome. Hope WM ver works just as good

BigRob wrote:

I've tried the PC version, it is awsome. Hope WM ver works just as good

3 of 42 (12,124 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 30, 2008 2:49:46 PM
(0)
Scholar
Hey guys thanks for the Pandora suggestion, just signed up now and loving it!  Thanks again.
Hey guys thanks for the Pandora suggestion, just signed up now and loving it!  Thanks again.

4 of 42 (12,057 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 30, 2008 3:24:51 PM
(0)
Teacher
What's a pandora?  What does it do?

5 of 42 (12,050 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 30, 2008 6:28:01 PM
(0)
Scholar
www.pandora.com

Check it out. Be amazed.
www.pandora.com

Check it out. Be amazed.

6 of 42 (12,011 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 30, 2008 6:52:33 PM
(0)
Scholar
Edited by megatec45 on Jul 30, 2008 at 6:54:01 PM

LilBarsco wrote:

It's a streaming music program. You type in an artist's name or song, Pandora will create a virtual radio station and continue playing music from all artists that are similar to the one you selected. So far it's FREE, but not available to Windows mobile users yet. It's on the Iphone and available for download to other non-smartphones.

Message Edited by megatec45 on 07-30-2008 06:54:01 PM

LilBarsco wrote:

It's a streaming music program. You type in an artist's name or song, Pandora will create a virtual radio station and continue playing music from all artists that are similar to the one you selected. So far it's FREE, but not available to Windows mobile users yet. It's on the Iphone and available for download to other non-smartphones.

Message Edited by megatec45 on 07-30-2008 06:54:01 PM

[ Edited ]
7 of 42 (11,997 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 4, 2008 9:47:13 AM
(0)
Scholar

BigRob wrote:
www.pandora.com

Check it out. Be amazed.

I have been completely amazed, using it at home now.  Loving it soo much, all I have to say is that Crystal Method station and coding go hand in hand! Smiley Happy

BigRob wrote:
www.pandora.com

Check it out. Be amazed.

I have been completely amazed, using it at home now.  Loving it soo much, all I have to say is that Crystal Method station and coding go hand in hand! Smiley Happy

8 of 42 (11,781 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 4, 2008 1:34:58 PM
(0)
Guru

futbolkeeper wrote:

BigRob wrote:
www.pandora.com

Check it out. Be amazed.

I am amazed as well! I just signed up for an account. They have all of my favorite jazz artists as well. Smiley Very Happy

futbolkeeper wrote:

BigRob wrote:
www.pandora.com

Check it out. Be amazed.

I am amazed as well! I just signed up for an account. They have all of my favorite jazz artists as well. Smiley Very Happy

9 of 42 (11,735 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 4, 2008 2:07:11 PM
(0)
Master
I just downloaded it .... For my iPhone3G Smiley Tongue

10 of 42 (11,720 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 4, 2008 2:11:15 PM
(0)
Teacher
I've been using Pandora for a few months now and i love it!  Cant wait for it to come out for the Tilt!!!
I've been using Pandora for a few months now and i love it!  Cant wait for it to come out for the Tilt!!!

11 of 42 (9,019 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 5, 2008 8:16:30 AM
(0)
Scholar

Planet-Ed wrote:

How dare you rub it in our faces!  Smiley Very Happy  I sent the company an email as well to try and let them know about one more WinMo user that wants it bad.

Planet-Ed wrote:

How dare you rub it in our faces!  Smiley Very Happy  I sent the company an email as well to try and let them know about one more WinMo user that wants it bad.

12 of 42 (8,959 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 5, 2008 8:32:54 AM
(0)
Scholar
Ok, I am usually pretty skeptical about online radio, but OMG this is by far the best package I have used just signed up for it.  This makes the mobile version of XM look like a transister radio, I need this on my Tilt now!!!!  Come Sentinal pass it on up the chain..
Ok, I am usually pretty skeptical about online radio, but OMG this is by far the best package I have used just signed up for it.  This makes the mobile version of XM look like a transister radio, I need this on my Tilt now!!!!  Come Sentinal pass it on up the chain..

13 of 42 (8,955 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 6, 2008 8:21:49 AM
(0)
Mentor
Set up an account at last.fm

Then go to the link below to see how to listen to it on your phone.

http://lastfmmobile.profusehost.net/howto.html

Until Pandora gives Windows Mobile users some love it really is the next best thing.
Set up an account at last.fm

Then go to the link below to see how to listen to it on your phone.

http://lastfmmobile.profusehost.net/howto.html

Until Pandora gives Windows Mobile users some love it really is the next best thing.

14 of 42 (7,953 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 6, 2008 11:35:37 AM
(0)
Teacher
I use last.fm!  You can download the cab and install it and it works pretty well!  You can download it from here... http://lastfmppc.uw.hu/

Note: ATT customers can now use pandora on Windows Mobile! You can download the cab and it comes with a 1 day trial.  After that its $8 a month. Get it here... http://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.php?p=2986348&postcount=79
I use last.fm!  You can download the cab and install it and it works pretty well!  You can download it from here... http://lastfmppc.uw.hu/

Note: ATT customers can now use pandora on Windows Mobile! You can download the cab and it comes with a 1 day trial.  After that its $8 a month. Get it here... http://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.php?p=2986348&postcount=79

15 of 42 (7,931 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 6, 2008 5:33:02 PM
(0)
Scholar

bkathens wrote:

Pandora is not available on all AT&T phones that is why a lot of Tilt users are resorting to LastFm instead.    The list of AT&T phones does not include the Tilt.  Even when I tried to download (knowing full well my phone wasn't on the list-hoping that the list just hadn't been updated), the response was "phone not supported".

bkathens wrote:

Pandora is not available on all AT&T phones that is why a lot of Tilt users are resorting to LastFm instead.    The list of AT&T phones does not include the Tilt.  Even when I tried to download (knowing full well my phone wasn't on the list-hoping that the list just hadn't been updated), the response was "phone not supported".

16 of 42 (7,894 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 6, 2008 5:36:46 PM
(0)
Guru
When I emailed Pandora about supporting WM phones, the response that I received was to "just buy a phone that is already on the supported list"! That is ridiculous!
When I emailed Pandora about supporting WM phones, the response that I received was to "just buy a phone that is already on the supported list"! That is ridiculous!

17 of 42 (7,891 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 6, 2008 5:42:33 PM
(0)
Scholar
I heard of the $8.00 charge and couldn't believe it! It's free for iphone and non WM users. Why should we have to pay and others don't? That pure discrimination imho!
Everyone that's interested in PANDORA should protest this.
I heard of the $8.00 charge and couldn't believe it! It's free for iphone and non WM users. Why should we have to pay and others don't? That pure discrimination imho!
Everyone that's interested in PANDORA should protest this.

18 of 42 (7,890 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 6, 2008 8:59:35 PM
(0)
Teacher
I have downloaded and installed the cab on my fuze and it works great!  But like I said you will have to pay for it after 1 day.  Over at XDA they have used this cab on a lot of Windows Mobile devices to include the Tilt and it has worked well for most!.. Note: you cant use Pandora over WiFi, you must use ATTs data network!  Also if you try and get the program from Pandora they will said your device is not supportted.  You must use the cab file from XDA!
I have downloaded and installed the cab on my fuze and it works great!  But like I said you will have to pay for it after 1 day.  Over at XDA they have used this cab on a lot of Windows Mobile devices to include the Tilt and it has worked well for most!.. Note: you cant use Pandora over WiFi, you must use ATTs data network!  Also if you try and get the program from Pandora they will said your device is not supportted.  You must use the cab file from XDA!

19 of 42 (7,870 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 7, 2008 9:59:02 AM
(0)
Mentor
Edited by Jamon723 on Dec 7, 2008 at 9:59:43 AM
I downloaded the cab file from xda yesterday and got it to work on my Tilt but with some severe layout issues (There are parts of the page that aren't visible at all). All the necesssary functions do work though so it doesn't seem like it would be too much work for Pandora to reformat the layout to work on a Tilt sized screen.

THE BIG PROBLEM --- ATTN. ATT&T FORUM MONITORS !!!!!! 

Is being charged $8.99 a month for a service that's FREE on the iphone. My wife has an iphone, I paid more for my AT&T Tilt than I did for her iphone. And I pay more for the unlimited data package on my Tilt than for her iphone data package. Then the iphone gets Pandora for free, while we have to pay $8.99 a month? How does this make any sense to anyone? It's ridiculous.
Sprint charges $2.99 per month which, with including a Pandora on the web subscription(Ad-Free & it times-out at 5hrs rather than 1hr) seems pretty fair.

COME ON ATT&T, FIX THIS OBVIOUS TO ANYONE RATE FLAW, BEFORE YOU START TO LOSE CUSTOMERS.

Message Edited by Jamon723 on 12-07-2008 09:59:43 AM
I downloaded the cab file from xda yesterday and got it to work on my Tilt but with some severe layout issues (There are parts of the page that aren't visible at all). All the necesssary functions do work though so it doesn't seem like it would be too much work for Pandora to reformat the layout to work on a Tilt sized screen.

THE BIG PROBLEM --- ATTN. ATT&T FORUM MONITORS !!!!!! 

Is being charged $8.99 a month for a service that's FREE on the iphone. My wife has an iphone, I paid more for my AT&T Tilt than I did for her iphone. And I pay more for the unlimited data package on my Tilt than for her iphone data package. Then the iphone gets Pandora for free, while we have to pay $8.99 a month? How does this make any sense to anyone? It's ridiculous.
Sprint charges $2.99 per month which, with including a Pandora on the web subscription(Ad-Free & it times-out at 5hrs rather than 1hr) seems pretty fair.

COME ON ATT&T, FIX THIS OBVIOUS TO ANYONE RATE FLAW, BEFORE YOU START TO LOSE CUSTOMERS.

Message Edited by Jamon723 on 12-07-2008 09:59:43 AM

[ Edited ]
20 of 42 (7,827 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 7, 2008 3:32:10 PM
(0)
Scholar
Not only is it free for iphone users, but people that have free, cheap phones, with a data plan that costs half as much as Tilt/Fuse owners.
It goes deeper than that also. Why should we have to pay extra for Texting as well. A Text message uses less bandwidth than a voice call, but the cell carriers try to squeeze every last penny out of your pockets.
Not only is it free for iphone users, but people that have free, cheap phones, with a data plan that costs half as much as Tilt/Fuse owners.
It goes deeper than that also. Why should we have to pay extra for Texting as well. A Text message uses less bandwidth than a voice call, but the cell carriers try to squeeze every last penny out of your pockets.

21 of 42 (6,749 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 7, 2008 3:35:38 PM
(0)
Guru

megatec45 wrote:

I personally think that is such a slap in the face for us who already pay alot of money for our phones/plans! If it wasn't for Skyfire timing out when the screen turns off, it would be a perfect solution!

megatec45 wrote:

I personally think that is such a slap in the face for us who already pay alot of money for our phones/plans! If it wasn't for Skyfire timing out when the screen turns off, it would be a perfect solution!

22 of 42 (6,747 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 8, 2008 8:43:41 PM
(0)
Mentor

kcrumbley wrote:

I haven't ever been able to use Pandora on Skyfire, or heard of anyone else able to (other than many, many versions ago of both from old forums) How were you able to get it to work?

kcrumbley wrote:

I haven't ever been able to use Pandora on Skyfire, or heard of anyone else able to (other than many, many versions ago of both from old forums) How were you able to get it to work?

23 of 42 (6,667 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 8, 2008 11:52:54 PM
(0)
Scholar

Jamon723 wrote:

kcrumbley wrote:

I think you misread the post. It doesn't work

Jamon723 wrote:

kcrumbley wrote:

I think you misread the post. It doesn't work

24 of 42 (6,650 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 10, 2008 9:56:50 AM
(0)
Mentor
I didn't misread the post. The issue the person I was asking said they had was Skyfire timing out when the screen turned off, implying that otherwise "it would be the perfect solution". So if they got it to work until the device powered off, turning off the power saving option would resolve that.
I didn't misread the post. The issue the person I was asking said they had was Skyfire timing out when the screen turned off, implying that otherwise "it would be the perfect solution". So if they got it to work until the device powered off, turning off the power saving option would resolve that.

25 of 42 (6,603 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 11, 2008 8:46:11 AM
(0)
Explorer
Edited by CDnNC on Dec 11, 2008 at 8:51:45 AM
I installed the cab that I found on the PPCGeeks forum (not pandora's site) and it's working just fine w/o any monthly fee.

It's not as pretty (because it's a VGA screen) as the PC version, but it works.

Message Edited by CDnNC on 12-11-2008 11:51:45 AM
I installed the cab that I found on the PPCGeeks forum (not pandora's site) and it's working just fine w/o any monthly fee.

It's not as pretty (because it's a VGA screen) as the PC version, but it works.

Message Edited by CDnNC on 12-11-2008 11:51:45 AM

[ Edited ]
26 of 42 (6,537 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 11, 2008 9:12:51 AM
(0)
Teacher

27 of 42 (6,526 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 11, 2008 9:20:00 AM
(0)
Guru

Jamon723 wrote:

No, you didn't misread my post. I did have Pandora running using Skyfire on my Tilt (once), but I have been having problems with my data connection for the last 10 days, so I can recreate it for you to tell you what I did. I had trouble logging onto my Pandora account today on Skyfire using my PC's internet connection. If I can ever get my data connection back, I'll try it again. I'd actually rather try that cab file that is floating around, anyway!

Jamon723 wrote:

No, you didn't misread my post. I did have Pandora running using Skyfire on my Tilt (once), but I have been having problems with my data connection for the last 10 days, so I can recreate it for you to tell you what I did. I had trouble logging onto my Pandora account today on Skyfire using my PC's internet connection. If I can ever get my data connection back, I'll try it again. I'd actually rather try that cab file that is floating around, anyway!

28 of 42 (6,523 Views)
Highlighted
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Solved
Dec 11, 2008 9:32:47 AM
(0)
Expert

bkathens wrote:

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Samsung Galaxy Note 3
Prev. devices: SGS, Note 2, SGS3, Galaxy Nexus, T-Mobile, G2x, iPhone4, HTC HD2, HTC Fuze, HTC StarTrek, BB Bold

bkathens wrote:

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Samsung Galaxy Note 3

29 of 42 (6,521 Views)
Solution
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 11, 2008 1:17:10 PM
(0)
Scholar

kcrumbley wrote:

Jamon723 wrote:

I guess I misread the post. My appologiesSmiley Surprised

kcrumbley wrote:

Jamon723 wrote:

I guess I misread the post. My appologiesSmiley Surprised

30 of 42 (6,485 Views)