For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
Troubleshoot your device issues
megatec45's profile

Scholar

• 

101 Messages

Wednesday, July 30th, 2008 4:33 AM

Closed

Pandora on ATT Tilt

Is there any way to load Pandora on a Tilt?? If not, will the app be available in the future to PPC users?

Scholar

• 

101 Messages

15 years ago

Not only is it free for iphone users, but people that have free, cheap phones, with a data plan that costs half as much as Tilt/Fuse owners.
It goes deeper than that also. Why should we have to pay extra for Texting as well. A Text message uses less bandwidth than a voice call, but the cell carriers try to squeeze every last penny out of your pockets.

Guru

• 

860 Messages

15 years ago

@megatec45 wrote:
Not only is it free for iphone users, but people that have free, cheap phones, with a data plan that costs half as much as Tilt/Fuse owners.
It goes deeper than that also. Why should we have to pay extra for Texting as well. A Text message uses less bandwidth than a voice call, but the cell carriers try to squeeze every last penny out of your pockets.

I personally think that is such a slap in the face for us who already pay alot of money for our phones/plans! If it wasn't for Skyfire timing out when the screen turns off, it would be a perfect solution!

Mentor

• 

33 Messages

15 years ago

kcrumbley wrote:

I personally think that is such a slap in the face for us who already pay alot of money for our phones/plans! If it wasn't for Skyfire timing out when the screen turns off, it would be a perfect solution!

I haven't ever been able to use Pandora on Skyfire, or heard of anyone else able to (other than many, many versions ago of both from old forums) How were you able to get it to work?

Scholar

• 

101 Messages

15 years ago

Jamon723 wrote:

kcrumbley wrote:

I haven't ever been able to use Pandora on Skyfire, or heard of anyone else able to (other than many, many versions ago of both from old forums) How were you able to get it to work?

I think you misread the post. It doesn't work

Mentor

• 

33 Messages

15 years ago

I didn't misread the post. The issue the person I was asking said they had was Skyfire timing out when the screen turned off, implying that otherwise "it would be the perfect solution". So if they got it to work until the device powered off, turning off the power saving option would resolve that.

Explorer

• 

13 Messages

15 years ago

I installed the cab that I found on the PPCGeeks forum (not pandora's site) and it's working just fine w/o any monthly fee.

It's not as pretty (because it's a VGA screen) as the PC version, but it works.

Message Edited by CDnNC on 12-11-2008 11:51:45 AM

Teacher

• 

12 Messages

15 years ago

Can you provide a link  to the thread on ppcgeeks?

Guru

• 

860 Messages

15 years ago

@Jamon723 wrote:
I didn't misread the post. The issue the person I was asking said they had was Skyfire timing out when the screen turned off, implying that otherwise "it would be the perfect solution". So if they got it to work until the device powered off, turning off the power saving option would resolve that.

No, you didn't misread my post. I did have Pandora running using Skyfire on my Tilt (once), but I have been having problems with my data connection for the last 10 days, so I can recreate it for you to tell you what I did. I had trouble logging onto my Pandora account today on Skyfire using my PC's internet connection. If I can ever get my data connection back, I'll try it again. I'd actually rather try that cab file that is floating around, anyway!

Scholar

• 

101 Messages

15 years ago

@kcrumbley wrote:

@Jamon723 wrote:

No, you didn't misread my post. I did have Pandora running using Skyfire on my Tilt (once), but I have been having problems with my data connection for the last 10 days, so I can recreate it for you to tell you what I did. I had trouble logging onto my Pandora account today on Skyfire using my PC's internet connection. If I can ever get my data connection back, I'll try it again. I'd actually rather try that cab file that is floating around, anyway!

I guess I misread the post. My appologies Smiley Surprised

Guru

• 

860 Messages

15 years ago

@megatec45 wrote:

I guess I misread the post. My appologies Smiley Surprised

Hey, I'm just glad that we now have that other file to install. Smiley Wink
Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.