For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
Troubleshoot your device issues
AnswerWanter's profile

Tutor

• 

11 Messages

Sunday, April 17th, 2016 5:21 AM

Closed

PLEASE HELP!! UNLOCK PHONE NOW!

I need the unlock code for this request ASAP.

[edited for privacy-please do not post personal or unique information such as but not limited to full names, employee ID numbers, email addresses, phone numbers, account numbers, etc.]

It is a Nokia Lumia 640

without it my son won't be able to contact me for a week...

PLEASE HELP!!!

Community Support

• 

15.2K Messages

8 years ago

Thank you for posting your concerns. I’m sorry to hear you were unable to complete your unlock request.

So I can further assist you, please private message me by clicking here and provide your name and a good contact number.

Thank you!
- Spencer O AT&T Social Media Manager

Professor

• 

3.2K Messages

8 years ago

@AnswerWanter wrote:

I need the unlock code for this request ASAP.

[edited for privacy-please do not post personal or unique information such as but not limited to full names, employee ID numbers, email addresses, phone numbers, account numbers, etc.]

It is a Nokia Lumia 640

without it my son won't be able to contact me for a week...

PLEASE HELP!!!

@AnswerWanter

Why is that. Even a locked phone can be used to roam outside the U.S.

Tutor

• 

11 Messages

8 years ago

Who is leaving the country?

Professor

• 

3.2K Messages

8 years ago

@AnswerWanter

OK, it doesn't need to be unlocked to use inside the U.S. either. Why would he not be able to contact you if the phone isn't unlocked? Why only for a week?

Tutor

• 

11 Messages

8 years ago

I bought it used and called AT&T before I bought it to make sure it was unlocked free and clear to be used on another network and they told me it was...but it wasn't....

Why are you so concerned? You seem a little stalky

Solution: Tossed it in the bin and got a different phone.

ACE - Sage

• 

117K Messages

8 years ago

@AnswerWanter

based on your answer, passed in the Internet....

If ATT said its unlocked then it is.  Your son has to install a SIM card and have APN programmed for the different network.  An ATT phone will not work on a CDMA network ( with iPhone 6 the only exception)

@Busternutt question is sensible.  If you wanted a phone for a different network, you should have purchased from THAT network.  Att phones will NEVER update if used in another network.

Goohones are subsidized phones and are not supposed to be unlocked until they have completed 6 months of paid service.  A loophole has allowed them to be unlocked before activated for years - a loophole ATT is rightfully trying to close.

Keeping that in mind, you should not buy a phone from ATT and expect it will be unlocked.

If the network you are purchasing for is owned by ATT ( like cricket) the phone doesn't need to be unlocked.   You can also buy unlocked phones from other sources.

Tutor

• 

11 Messages

8 years ago

When I call AT&T and give them an IEMI number and they tell me it is unlocked free/clear of any debt and that I can use it on another network....I am expecting to be told the truth and not lied to.

The questions he was asking were irrelevent....and just akward.

No the phone was not unlocked...after I purchased the phone and put the sim card in it was asking for an unlock code. It seems that you are assuming way to much for some reason.

ACE - Sage

• 

117K Messages

8 years ago

@AnswerWanter wrote:

When I call AT&T and give them an IEMI number and they tell me it is unlocked free/clear of any debt and that I can use it on another network....I am expecting to be told the truth and not lied to.

Then it is.  

The problem lies elsewhere.  

Please add more details as to the exact problem.

uhg.,. Edits.

call att and ask for the previously provided unlock code.  The seller should have provided the code if they had not yet activated the phone on another network.

While the phone is unlocked, it requires a code and sim for a new network to complete activation.

Tutor

• 

11 Messages

8 years ago

@lizdance40 wrote:

@AnswerWanter wrote:

Then it is.  

The problem lies elsewhere.  

Please add more details as to the exact problem.

No...after purchasing the phone and putting in the sim card...the phone wanted an unlock code.  I then contacted AT&T who checked the IEMI (a second time) and verified the phone was NOT unlocked...hence the problem was not "elsewhere"

Thanks for your concern though.

ACE - Sage

• 

117K Messages

8 years ago

As to why the awkward questions, refer to my previous post on unlocking of Goohones.  Att has sold a ton of these 640 windows phones cheap recently and the requests to unlock them are flooding in.  

Att doesn't have to, but is unlocking them.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.