For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
Troubleshoot your device issues
vannchan's profile

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

Sunday, June 22nd, 2014 5:06 PM

PC Suite for Pantech Renue p6030 for Windows 8

is pc suite for pantech Renue p6030 available for windows 8?  It will not connect with my phone and the software guide does not mention Windows 8.

Employee

• 

156 Messages

10 years ago

You should be able to download it http://www.pantechusa.com/mobile/support. here from pantechs site. It should be compatible.

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

10 years ago

That is the one I tried today.  It is the exact same size as the one I downloaded when I first got the phone.  I first uninstalled the PC Suite, then installed the 'new' one - I receive the same error as before.  If I can find a friend with Windows 7, I will try it on their pc.  Thank you for helping.

Guru

• 

450 Messages

10 years ago

Hi vannchan, 

From what I can see it looks like the PC Suite is not avaiable for Windows 8. Additionally it looks like the application is only supported on 32 bit OS systems. An easy way to tell if you have a 32 bit or 64bit OS is if you have 4GB of RAM or more, you'll have a 64bit system and the PC Suite may not work. 

You might be able to execute the software by changing the Administrator settings of the install file (Right Click on the File - Compatability - Windows 7 Service Pack 2 OR Windows XP Service Pack 3 and also check "Run File as an Administrator". This works about 70% of the time and may solve your problem. 

Hope this helps!

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

10 years ago

Thanks for the suggestion.  I uninstalled and reinstalled trying the compatibility method and, regardless of which compatible option I picked, the same problem happens.  I am now resigned to believe that the program will not be made compatible witn Wndows 8 (it hasn't changed in a year and a half).  I guess I will have to buy memory cards to use for the pics and give up hope on synching my contacts and calendar until we get our next round of phones (probably a few years from now unless they stop working.)  Thanks again for your replies.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.