Helpful Links

Nokia Lumia Icon

Teacher

Nokia Lumia Icon

Looks like Verizon may have beat ATT to the punch again. This new phone has everything I want in a Nokia Windows phone especially the Qi charging.

Has anybody heard if ATT will get a smilar phone?

Message 1 of 6
Tutor

Re: Nokia Lumia Icon

Even if/when they do, they'll likely pull the QI from the phone, since they do not support that standard.  ATT did this with the 1520.

Message 2 of 6
Contributor

I'm using the Lumia Icon On AT&T. Its awesome. Faux-G (4G) HSPA+ is fine, at times i get 10 MBPS+ anyway, which is usually the bogged down speed of Real 4G LTE Anyway. Visual Voicemail is the only thing that doesnt work but I use Google Voice with Metrotalk so it's all good. Excellent Phone - I tried the 1020 for a while, but even though the Camera is not as good on this one, the phone is way better. The screen is the best part. Just perfect.

Message 3 of 6
Scholar

The lumia 930 could be coming in July, just like razzellu said the device could be watered down since AT&T stands for Altering Technology & Torture... Cat Mad Man Mad Robot Mad Smiley Mad Woman Mad

Message 4 of 6
Professor

alinefx wrote:

I'm using the Lumia Icon On AT&T. Its awesome. Faux-G (4G) HSPA+ is fine, at times i get 10 MBPS+ anyway, which is usually the bogged down speed of Real 4G LTE Anyway. Visual Voicemail is the only thing that doesnt work but I use Google Voice with Metrotalk so it's all good. Excellent Phone - I tried the 1020 for a while, but even though the Camera is not as good on this one, the phone is way better. The screen is the best part. Just perfect.

How is LTE real 4G?  Neither LTE nor HSPA+ met the original definition of 4G and both meet the standard for being advertised as 4G.  If HSPA+ is Faux-G, then LTE is, too.

Message 5 of 6
Contributor

Hi alinefx,

I am a At&T customer and planning to buy  a Nokia Icon which was used on Verizon Network. I wanted to make sure that phone will work . What i have to do to make sure it does work ?

Tags (1)
Message 6 of 6
Share this topic
Announcements

Is the iPhone X worth it? Find out why it totally is!

Find out how to track your iPhone's delivery!

Let us help you Give the Gift of AT&T Wireless this holiday season!

Additional Support