Wireless Forums

Posted Feb 22, 2014
11:53:32 AM
View profile
Nokia Lumia Icon

Looks like Verizon may have beat ATT to the punch again. This new phone has everything I want in a Nokia Windows phone especially the Qi charging.

Has anybody heard if ATT will get a smilar phone?

Looks like Verizon may have beat ATT to the punch again. This new phone has everything I want in a Nokia Windows phone especially the Qi charging.

Has anybody heard if ATT will get a smilar phone?

Nokia Lumia Icon

5 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
Replies
(5)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Mar 1, 2014 10:31:29 AM
(0)
Tutor

Even if/when they do, they'll likely pull the QI from the phone, since they do not support that standard.  ATT did this with the 1520.

Even if/when they do, they'll likely pull the QI from the phone, since they do not support that standard.  ATT did this with the 1520.

Re: Nokia Lumia Icon

2 of 6 (15,042 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Mar 21, 2014 10:30:10 PM
(0)
Contributor

I'm using the Lumia Icon On AT&T. Its awesome. Faux-G (4G) HSPA+ is fine, at times i get 10 MBPS+ anyway, which is usually the bogged down speed of Real 4G LTE Anyway. Visual Voicemail is the only thing that doesnt work but I use Google Voice with Metrotalk so it's all good. Excellent Phone - I tried the 1020 for a while, but even though the Camera is not as good on this one, the phone is way better. The screen is the best part. Just perfect.

I'm using the Lumia Icon On AT&T. Its awesome. Faux-G (4G) HSPA+ is fine, at times i get 10 MBPS+ anyway, which is usually the bogged down speed of Real 4G LTE Anyway. Visual Voicemail is the only thing that doesnt work but I use Google Voice with Metrotalk so it's all good. Excellent Phone - I tried the 1020 for a while, but even though the Camera is not as good on this one, the phone is way better. The screen is the best part. Just perfect.

3 of 6 (13,546 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Apr 3, 2014 1:23:30 AM
(0)
Scholar

The lumia 930 could be coming in July, just like razzellu said the device could be watered down since AT&T stands for Altering Technology & Torture... :catmad: :manmad: :robotmad: :smileymad: :womanmad:

The lumia 930 could be coming in July, just like razzellu said the device could be watered down since AT&T stands for Altering Technology & Torture... :catmad: :manmad: :robotmad: :smileymad: :womanmad:

Phones Owned (1999-Now): Nokia 5110, 3390, 3520, 6230, 6682, N72, 5800XM, Lumia 800, Lumia 900, Lumia 920 (Currently owned)

4 of 6 (12,438 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Apr 3, 2014 2:37:21 PM
(0)
ACE - Professor

alinefx wrote:

How is LTE real 4G?  Neither LTE nor HSPA+ met the original definition of 4G and both meet the standard for being advertised as 4G.  If HSPA+ is Faux-G, then LTE is, too.

alinefx wrote:

How is LTE real 4G?  Neither LTE nor HSPA+ met the original definition of 4G and both meet the standard for being advertised as 4G.  If HSPA+ is Faux-G, then LTE is, too.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

5 of 6 (12,311 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 12, 2014 1:34:55 PM
(0)
Contributor

Hi alinefx,

I am a At&T customer and planning to buy  a Nokia Icon which was used on Verizon Network. I wanted to make sure that phone will work . What i have to do to make sure it does work ?

Hi alinefx,

I am a At&T customer and planning to buy  a Nokia Icon which was used on Verizon Network. I wanted to make sure that phone will work . What i have to do to make sure it does work ?

6 of 6 (1,997 Views)