Ask a question
Search in Wireless Forums

Questions about your Smartphone data usage? Please join us here for a live “Ask an Expert” event on Wednesday, August 24th from 1-5 pm ET / 10am-2pm PT.

Wireless Forum

Posted Jul 7, 2014
9:25:09 PM
View profile
Nokia Lumia 520 GoPhone sim card

Hi all, I had a Samsung S3 contract phone that came with a small sim card. I broke that phone, then went to an AT&T store where I was given a large sim card to use in a goPhone which enables me to keep my contract. I bought the Nokia Lumia 520 on eBay, which I received today. My sim card doesn't fit in the slot, and I'm wondering, do I need to return to the AT&T store to ask to go back to a small sim card for the Lumia? Or am I somehow incorrectly trying to fit the sim card into the phone? If anyone can help me, it would be much appreciated! :]

Hi all, I had a Samsung S3 contract phone that came with a small sim card. I broke that phone, then went to an AT&T store where I was given a large sim card to use in a goPhone which enables me to keep my contract. I bought the Nokia Lumia 520 on eBay, which I received today. My sim card doesn't fit in the slot, and I'm wondering, do I need to return to the AT&T store to ask to go back to a small sim card for the Lumia? Or am I somehow incorrectly trying to fit the sim card into the phone? If anyone can help me, it would be much appreciated! :]

(1)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Solved
Jul 8, 2014 5:55:56 AM
(1)
Employee

Hi ariesmethod, 

You can visit any Company Owned AT&T store and receive the correct size SIM card for your device free of charge. You most likey received a Standard Size SIM and need a MicroSIM.  While you're there, they can also Update your IMEI to your Lumia 520 to ensure your data plan doesn't quit working. 

You find your nearest AT&T store by clicking Here

Hope this helps!

*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.
Accepted Solution

Nokia Lumia 520 GoPhone sim card

3 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(3)
Highlighted
(1)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Solved
Jul 8, 2014 5:55:56 AM
(1)
Employee

Hi ariesmethod, 

You can visit any Company Owned AT&T store and receive the correct size SIM card for your device free of charge. You most likey received a Standard Size SIM and need a MicroSIM.  While you're there, they can also Update your IMEI to your Lumia 520 to ensure your data plan doesn't quit working. 

Hope this helps!

Hi ariesmethod, 

Hope this helps!

*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.

Re: Nokia Lumia 520 GoPhone sim card

2 of 4 (8,063 Views)
Solution
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 8, 2014 2:08:56 PM
(0)
Contributor

That helps me a great deal, thank you so much for your quick reply. I do indeed need a micro sim, and I'm glad this problem was easily resolved. Have a wonderful week :]

That helps me a great deal, thank you so much for your quick reply. I do indeed need a micro sim, and I'm glad this problem was easily resolved. Have a wonderful week :]

3 of 4 (8,051 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 28, 2015 4:25:05 AM
(0)
Contributor
My Nokia Lumia 520 was dropped and stopped working I bought a 635 put my 520 Sims card still had time so I put it in. Have been trying to find help ever since that. That was about a month ago the att app tells me I need to use a wireless pay plan.i do not or I will never use a credit card because of an identity theft that I got many years age if this true I will go to another service. I get server not working messages, my flash player on my internet explorer never worked and I can't find the denim update, I am very happy with my windows phone but if I go back to android phone I will be very unhappy and the iPhone sounds weak please help
My Nokia Lumia 520 was dropped and stopped working I bought a 635 put my 520 Sims card still had time so I put it in. Have been trying to find help ever since that. That was about a month ago the att app tells me I need to use a wireless pay plan.i do not or I will never use a credit card because of an identity theft that I got many years age if this true I will go to another service. I get server not working messages, my flash player on my internet explorer never worked and I can't find the denim update, I am very happy with my windows phone but if I go back to android phone I will be very unhappy and the iPhone sounds weak please help

4 of 4 (2,128 Views)