For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
Troubleshoot your device issues
Annihilator27's profile

Mentor

• 

69 Messages

Thursday, July 7th, 2016 6:52 PM

New firmware update for the 950/XL

ACE - Expert

• 

23.9K Messages

8 years ago

Guru

• 

673 Messages

8 years ago

@Annihilator27 Hopefully this addresses the Wi-Fi issue I see with 5GHz . And finally Double Tap to Wake. I wonder if Lumia 950 users will see this before the end of the year?

Mentor

• 

69 Messages

8 years ago

It has double tap to wake.

Master

• 

3.5K Messages

8 years ago

The DTTW and WiFi (amongst other fixes) firmware update is on-hold currently for the US, we're one of the last two countries awaiting the change, there's a VERY active discussion about it on WindowsCentral.

In order to use DTTW though, you'll have to be running an Insider build (Release Preview is very stable currently), to be able to get to the setting to enabled it.

The firmware sub-version will be 16236, when it gets published, and pushed.

*If this (or another post in this thread) fixes your problem/issue, please mark it as solved, and I'll tag it, to make it easier for others to find the answer(s). Thanks.

Mentor

• 

69 Messages

8 years ago

http://www.windowscentral.com/some-lumia-950-xl-phones-us-and-canada-are-receiving-firmware-update Looks like Microsoft just started rolling this update out for the US

Master

• 

3.5K Messages

8 years ago

If you're running Insider too, you can get the (likely) final build of Redstone (anniversary update) now, before getting in-line for the servers.

Even if you update today, and they release a small patch, you can opt back out of Insider, and you'll still have Redstone, AND get the patche(s).

Nifty stuff RS is really, really, smooth, refined, etc., makes my 950XL seem like a TRULY premium flagship phone now, too bad this wasn't the release from last November...

Guru

• 

673 Messages

8 years ago

I agree, Redstone PLUS the new firmware for the 950 XL really is nice. The firware fixed all issues I had with Wi-Fi. From a stability point of view, the 950 XL has been solid on 14393.5

Mentor

• 

49 Messages

8 years ago

If you are using a 950xl, even if on ATT, the new firmware update should have shown up on your device on Wednesday. The 950xl is unlocked and any updates will come directly from Microsoft.

Master

• 

3.5K Messages

8 years ago

Yep, seconding @brandor and @ODad, the firmware should be there, waiting for you to upgrade.  I'd flip to Insider too, the Release Preview branch now has the final test build, so you don't even have to go very far out ona limb, if you want the Redstone/Anniversary build.  
It's awesome, makes the phone seem like a truly premium/flagship device, I can't recommend the update enough...

*If this (or another post in this thread) fixes your problem/issue, please mark it as solved, and I'll tag it, to make it easier for others to find the answer(s). Thanks.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.