Ask a question
Search in Wireless Forums

Wireless Forum

Posted Jun 2, 2011
5:34:40 PM
New Windows Phone 7 Certified sd card storage not appearing in my Focus

Hi All,

Just bought a certified 8GB sd card for my Focus from AT&T store in Seattle.  The package said stick it in the slot and it will show up as usable memory.  I stuck it in but no sign of new storage either in the phone's about section or in Zune software.  I don't want to re-pave this phone.  Are the instructions on the back of the package wrong?  Are there other steps necessary? 

-JP

Hi All,

Just bought a certified 8GB sd card for my Focus from AT&T store in Seattle.  The package said stick it in the slot and it will show up as usable memory.  I stuck it in but no sign of new storage either in the phone's about section or in Zune software.  I don't want to re-pave this phone.  Are the instructions on the back of the package wrong?  Are there other steps necessary? 

-JP

(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Solved
Jun 3, 2011 3:44:45 AM
(0)
Expert

prubin wrote:
You will need to hard reset your phone in order for the sd card to be recognized.

you also need to follow the instructions in the manual on how to hard format the internal memory card and the SD card

Accepted Solution

New Windows Phone 7 Certified sd card storage not appearing in my Focus

3 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(3)
Highlighted
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Solved
Jun 3, 2011 3:32:59 AM
(0)
Guru
You will need to hard reset your phone in order for the sd card to be recognized.

Re: New Windows Phone 7 Certified sd card storage not appearing in my Focus

2 of 4 (1,824 Views)
Solution
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Solved
Jun 3, 2011 3:44:45 AM
(0)
Expert

prubin wrote:

you also need to follow the instructions in the manual on how to hard format the internal memory card and the SD card

prubin wrote:

3 of 4 (1,822 Views)
Solution
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 7, 2011 11:38:57 AM
(0)
Tutor

Works great now.  Thanks all!

Works great now.  Thanks all!