For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
Troubleshoot your device issues
azgolfguy's profile

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

Thursday, January 19th, 2017 8:10 AM

Microsoft Lumia 950 will not boot

Device:  Microsoft Lumia 950

Age:  6 months (reconditioned replacement from Asurion for damanged original device)

Problem:  Phone will attempt to restart/reboot when on.  Sometimes, it restarts repeatedly after showing the Microsoft logo.  Other times, it reaches the Windows screen, but in the middle of some operation, it shuts off and either manually restarts or requires a hard restart with On and Volume keys.  Taking the battery out and putting back in does not solve the problem, nor does removing a Samsung 128GB SD card.  Today, it has reached the state of not booting to Windows screen at all -- the phone is not operational. 

It may have something to do with the reboot driver failing, but I have exhausted all the attempted fixes that I am aware of other than calling Asurion for a replacement. 

Contributor

• 

1 Message

7 years ago

Either this is a problem of your power Key button or your windows software is currupted. But last time when i face such type of problem, I tried all possible method, than visited to the customer care and they said this is a hardware problem. They changed my phone power button and than it is working till now.

Guru

• 

673 Messages

7 years ago

@azgolfguy as @thenortonsetup suggests it could be your power button. You can easily remove the back of your phone and look at the back side of the buttons to see if you notice any "mechanical" wear and tear. You could visit a local AT&T repair center, they may be able to assist you.

If you don't think it's hardware related you could perform a hard-reset OR a factory reset. I normally suggest performing a backup before doing this, in your situation you cannot. You'll have to go with whatever is the last automatic backup that you have. I think all you have performed is a "soft-reset". Follow these steps to perform a hard-reset, keeping the existing version of Windows 10 Mobile installed on the device:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/10666/windows-phone-reset-my-phone

Your other option is to use the Windows Device Recovery Tool, this will put the phone back to the condition it was in when you first took it out of the box.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/12379/windows-10-mobile-device-recovery-tool-faq

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

7 years ago

Thanks for the assist. After trying reset suggestions from the forum, none worked. AT&T is replacing a phone with a defective on switch, which I will receive tomorrow. Thanks again.

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

7 years ago

Thanks for your suggestions.  I tried the reset, and although it appeared to work, the phone still would not boot to the Windows tile screen.  AT&T agreed to replace a defective phone at no cost, and I'll get the replacement tomorrow.  Thanks again.

Guru

• 

673 Messages

7 years ago

@azgolfguy I'm sorry it didn't work, but glad you are getting a fast resonse and a solution with a new phone. Good luck!

• 

1 Message

3 years ago

Upgrade your battery. The battery that it comes with is 3000mAh which eventually becomes not good enough for the phone at some point. I ordered an upgraded 4120mAh online but a 6850mAh was delivered which is a much higher upgrade than what I ordered. Slapped it into the phone and all the issues were solved. I'm posting this 4 months after doing so and everything is still working exactly as it should. 

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.