Troubleshoot your device issues
joeonsunset's profile

Mentor

• 

26 Messages

Thursday, November 8th, 2012 1:03 AM

Lumia Wireless Charging Plate - AT&T Wont Honor Offer

Today I placed my online preorder for the Nokia Lumia 920 w/ free black wireless charging plate. I placed the order signed into my account, the offer was present on the screen in the cart and I followed the instructions for the offer (add the black charging plate to the cart, basically.)

Yet, AT&T still charged me for the plate ($49) I've spoken to about four phone reps about this, and each time they give me the same explanation. I'm paraphasing:

AT&T: 'We received an update in our system this morning that the free charging plate offer is not available until November 9, therefore, you will be charged the $49"

Me: "But when I placed my order online, and even right now, you website is advertising the offer as available NOW. I am reading the full terms and conditions, and nowhere does it say it doesn't start until November 9. I am signed in, and in smartphone purchase list, the offer is there on the Nokia Lumia 920. I can send you a screenshot."

AT&T: "We can only go by the offers we see internally. Because the offer isn't available until November 9, you will be charged."

Me: "I appreciate and understand that you may not see the offer internally. But you are advertising it, live, right now, as being available, online and you did to me when I ordered. You cannot really advertise a price to the public and then charge them something else. You need to honor the price and credit me the $49."

AT&T: "We can only go by the offers we see internally. Because the offer isn't available until November 9, you will be charged."

I've read online people saying they heard from reps the offer is now sold out, but I haven't seen one person say reps told them the offer will be available November 9. I'm wondering if the reps I spoke to were confused by the preorder and the availability date of the phone itself (November 9), but none would listen to that and all four said the same thing.

Here's my screenshot.screenshot-smaller.jpg

1 Attachment

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Former Community Manager

• 

5.2K Messages

11 years ago

Hey Joeonsunset, 

I'm sorry that you weren't able to see the wireless charging plate when you ordered your 920.

Everyone who pre-ordered the Nokia Lumia 920 will receive a free Nokia wireless charging plate and it will be sent in a separate shipment. You'll get an email with delivery details so keep an eye out for that!

Tutor

• 

6 Messages

11 years ago

The AT&T reps are quite clearly not up to speed on what's going on, generally speaking. I called my local store and they didn't even know what the Lumia 920 was. They couldn't tell me what colors they'd be getting, and couldn't speak to whether or not they would have the free charging pads.

Basically, they just didn't even know what the Lumia 920 was.

So, personally, I'd release myself from the frustration and wait until Friday and then approach a local AT&T retail location and ask them to clear it up.

That's just me - I've played the games beating my head against the wall for a solution right now on things like this. I've found my sanity is more valuable.

Teacher

• 

14 Messages

11 years ago

Are you signing a contract too? Or contract free?

Professor

• 

3.1K Messages

11 years ago

When it went on preorder yesterday, it was available AT preorder only for web preorders IF you added the charge plate to the order when you added it.

The order should have shown the phone and plate, and the discounts. Mine did, as did the email conformation:

One-Time Charges
Phone/Device
Nokia Lumia 920 (Matte Cyan)    $199.99
Offer Discount    -$100.00
Accessories
1 - Nokia Black Wireless Charging Plate    $49.00
Regular Promotion    -$49.00
Services & Fees
Upgrade Fee    $0.00    Monthly Charges
N/A
Sub-Total(One-Time)    $99.99

If you ordered and did all that and the discount didn't apply at order time, then that sounds like a mistake.

You should PM ATTCustomerCare and ask them to look into it.

Oh, and it looks like the free charge plate promo is not being offered anymore - there doesn't even seem to be any charge plates available to order, nor is it mentioned anymore on the website.

Mentor

• 

26 Messages

11 years ago

Thanks to everyone for replying. I'm conflicted. I mentioned in my first post that I DID add the plate to my cart when I checked out-- those were the instructions in the offer.

But, I was charged $49 for it. It didn't zero out. I dunno if my credit card was charged yet, or what, but I don't want to have to struggle through 100 layers of CS calls to get that charge credited.

Per the suggestion above, I'm considering cancelling the order and just getting up early on Friday to the local AT&T store. It's just a little far from me, and I am worried that they won't honor the free charging plate offer in store.

Bah. What to do. 🙂

Mentor

• 

26 Messages

11 years ago

@johninsj wrote:

Oh, and it looks like the free charge plate promo is not being offered anymore - there doesn't even seem to be any charge plates available to order, nor is it mentioned anymore on the website.

It's STILL there, 11/8 at noon Eastern, on the Premier side. 

Former Community Manager

• 

5.2K Messages

11 years ago

You're welcome to please send me a private message with your name, account number, phone number and the best time to contact you so we can make sure everything processes properly. 

To send a private message, you can either click on the link in this message or click on the little blue envelope in the upper right hand corner, click "compose new message" and type my username in the "Send To" field.

Mentor

• 

26 Messages

11 years ago

@kprophet wrote:

That's just me - I've played the games beating my head against the wall for a solution right now on things like this. I've found my sanity is more valuable.

You're probably right-- I've been through this before and the amount of time and effort it took the get a credit, though I did in the end, was insane. The online offers seem very "buggy," and WORSE when Premier is involved. (Makes me wonder if that 15%-ish discount is worth it. But that's another post.)

Still, for some reason that free wirless charger has dug its way into my brain! Plus, I think in store I will get charged an upgrade fee. I guess I will call the store and see what---if anything, at all---the reps know.

Teacher

• 

20 Messages

11 years ago

What a mess it is.  I attempted to do the pre-order yesterday morning but couldn't see any wireless charger accessory at all.  So after chatting with 2 online rep and 1 phone rep.  I was told my best bet is to just go ahead and get the pre-order in 1st and then deal with trying to get the wireless charger afterward.

I then called yesterday afternoon and was told that there were some website issues that prevents some customers from seeing the wireless charger at all and that to give them some time to figure things out and call back today.  I called back today and after a very long time and dealing with different reps, it seems that everyone are completely clueless and just said I dont have any wireless charger in my order and that they're suppose to send them out if they have in stock.  But she cannot tell me whether I will get one or not.  And I order this yesterday but still seeing people who ordered today that can still add the accessory.

I hope someone else can help those of us who pre-ordered but didn't get to add the chance to add the wireless charger to our order can help us.

And also for the very 1st time since I've been with ATT (over 10 years now), I'm charged with an upgrade fee.   ATT, you're driving your customers insane and I'm wondering why I'm bothering staying with you after all these years being a loyal customer when most of all my friends and families are either with Verizon or Sprint.

My worst experience with ATT so far.

Former Community Manager

• 

5.2K Messages

11 years ago

I'm sorry you had such difficulty. 

As I mentioned above, everyone who pre-ordered the Nokia Lumia 920 will receive a free Nokia wireless charging plate and it will be sent in a separate shipment. You'll get an email with delivery details so keep an eye out for that!

I can't speak to why you've never had an upgrade fee before as they've been around for quite a long time. 

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.